Start by marking “Your Soul's Compass” as Want to Read:
Your Soul's Compass

Your Soul's Compass

Why am I here? What does a life worth living look like?What is the higher intelligence trying to express through me?In this time of global change and uncertainty, of spiritual indirection, Americans are asking these age-old questions with renewed curiosity. There’s a thirst for meaning and purpose—a dawning realization that happiness isn’t a commodity that can be bought wi ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Hay House, Inc. (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Your Soul's Compass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Soul's Compass

Greyceeh Guevarra
Oct 02, 2007 Greyceeh Guevarra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all of my friends
Do you ever have the ecstatic moment when you feel as if you're in the right place at the right time?

Do you remember the exquisite sense of being in love - when you're "home" in your partner's arms, perfectly content and fully present?

Can you think of a time when you felt so connected while working diligently on a particular problem or project that new ideas and solutions suddenly started coming to your mind?

When you're at home in yourself, centered in some essential kernel of what it is to be h
Anita Jacob
When I first started this book I got depressed because I was trying so hard to relate to what the authors were saying....I stopped reading it and went on to another book. When I came back to it (I had to as it was part of the reading assignment for the course I'm taking) I feel that I must have progressed a little in my growth - I wasn't trying so hard to relate to what they were saying. Instead I read it with an open mind and it was alright NOT to have experienced all that was mentioned in the ...more
Roger
Aug 16, 2012 Roger rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I didn't like the format used by the authors. The book was mostly quotes by a particular "Sage" followed by quotes from another "Sage" to clarify and expand. The classic introductory paragraph and conclusion/summary format was not followed. I felt it was too much work to extract the salient information. After several chapters I returned the book to the library.
Sally
Dec 05, 2009 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writer's interviewed 27 Spiritual Leaders from many different belief systems and then presented their thoughts in a well organized and thoughtful way. This book has given me much to think about. I'm sure I could read it over and over and get new stuff each time, but probably won't. I really liked that the authors found so much in common to say from so many different perspectives.
Joan
May 29, 2008 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: spiritual seekers, anyone confused about the third step
Shelves: spirituality
A collection of interviews with spiritual leaders (or in the case of the Quakers, spiritual community members) on various issues related to seeking guidance, comprehending the message, and acting on it. Although I just finished it, I want to read it again. I will probably be refering to sections of this book for a long time to come.
Jen
Mar 06, 2015 Jen marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
Meh. This book just isn't grabbing me. DNF at page 46. It's a "it's me, not the book" thing, hence the lack of stars. I don't feel it's fair to rate a book I only flipped through the first 46 pages of that just wasn't in my style. Not for me, but it may be for you.
Lindy
Being present in the now and naturally seeking the inner joy to express itself. Seeking inner happiness and purpose for living an authentic life.
Frieda
Frieda rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Kathy Conde
Kathy Conde rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2009
Jane B.
Jane B. rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Caryn
Caryn rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2010
Elizabeth Ann Carr
Elizabeth Ann Carr rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Jill Armstrong
Jill Armstrong rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2012
Summers Mama
Summers Mama rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Janis
Janis rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Donna Little
Donna Little rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Krishy
Krishy rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Lina Cuartas
Lina Cuartas rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Kay Fairbanks
Kay Fairbanks rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2012
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2008
Boulder Book Store
Boulder Book Store rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2008
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2008
Emmakwill
Emmakwill rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
Ann Marie
Ann Marie rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Tess Olson
Tess Olson rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Brian Campbell
Brian Campbell rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
This distinguished pioneer in integrative medicine is a world-renowned expert in the mind/body connection.
More about Joan Borysenko...