Start by marking “Your Soul's Compass” as Want to Read:
Your Soul's Compass

Your Soul's Compass

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Why am I here? What does a life worth living look like?What is the higher intelligence trying to express through me?In this time of global change and uncertainty, of spiritual indirection, Americans are asking these age-old questions with renewed curiosity. There’s a thirst for meaning and purpose—a dawning realization that happiness isn’t a commodity that can be bought wi ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Hay House, Inc. (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Your Soul's Compass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Soul's Compass

Greyceeh Guevarra
Oct 02, 2007 Greyceeh Guevarra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all of my friends
Do you ever have the ecstatic moment when you feel as if you're in the right place at the right time?

Do you remember the exquisite sense of being in love - when you're "home" in your partner's arms, perfectly content and fully present?

Can you think of a time when you felt so connected while working diligently on a particular problem or project that new ideas and solutions suddenly started coming to your mind?

When you're at home in yourself, centered in some essential kernel of what it is to be h
Jen
Meh. This book just isn't grabbing me. DNF at page 46. It's a "it's me, not the book" thing, hence the lack of stars. I don't feel it's fair to rate a book I only flipped through the first 46 pages of that just wasn't in my style. Not for me, but it may be for you.
Anita Jacob
When I first started this book I got depressed because I was trying so hard to relate to what the authors were saying....I stopped reading it and went on to another book. When I came back to it (I had to as it was part of the reading assignment for the course I'm taking) I feel that I must have progressed a little in my growth - I wasn't trying so hard to relate to what they were saying. Instead I read it with an open mind and it was alright NOT to have experienced all that was mentioned in the ...more
Sally
The writer's interviewed 27 Spiritual Leaders from many different belief systems and then presented their thoughts in a well organized and thoughtful way. This book has given me much to think about. I'm sure I could read it over and over and get new stuff each time, but probably won't. I really liked that the authors found so much in common to say from so many different perspectives.
Roger
I didn't like the format used by the authors. The book was mostly quotes by a particular "Sage" followed by quotes from another "Sage" to clarify and expand. The classic introductory paragraph and conclusion/summary format was not followed. I felt it was too much work to extract the salient information. After several chapters I returned the book to the library.
Joan
Jul 28, 2008 Joan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: spiritual seekers, anyone confused about the third step
Shelves: spirituality
A collection of interviews with spiritual leaders (or in the case of the Quakers, spiritual community members) on various issues related to seeking guidance, comprehending the message, and acting on it. Although I just finished it, I want to read it again. I will probably be refering to sections of this book for a long time to come.
Lindy
Being present in the now and naturally seeking the inner joy to express itself. Seeking inner happiness and purpose for living an authentic life.
Lisa Painter
Lisa Painter marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Renée
Renée marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Aria Tuki
Aria Tuki marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
writer...
writer... marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Sue Covert
Sue Covert marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Charles Fleck
Charles Fleck marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Magaly Sáenz
Magaly Sáenz marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Winsome
Winsome marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Brian Pearson
Brian Pearson marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
This distinguished pioneer in integrative medicine is a world-renowned expert in the mind/body connection.
More about Joan Borysenko...
Minding the Body, Mending the Mind A Woman's Book of Life A Woman's Journey to God Fire in the Soul: A New Psychology of Spiritual optimism Fried: Why You Burn Out and How to Revive