Start by marking “Broken Wings (Second Chances, #4)” as Want to Read:
Broken Wings (Second Chances, #4)

Broken Wings (Second Chances #4)

An investigation into an airline disaster becomes a tangled web of love, mercy and honor in the face of two impossible choices.
Published May 4th 2010 by Zondervan (first published December 23rd 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Wings

Karen Birman kent
Erin, t he pilot that flew Madeline and Sherry in the previous book is the focus, as she was in an accident and hit her head so was not able to fly with her long time friend Mick Hammon, when his plane flew into the ground killing 151 people and leaving those alive to wonder what happened. She meets Addison, the TSBA person assigned to investigate Micks accident. Her new roommates, Madeline and Lois are fighting a takeover by a sleazy business man that wants to cut the pilots pay by 1/3, cut the ...more
Nola Redd
Mar 26, 2008 Nola Redd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone looking for a sex-free romance novel, Christian women
All Erin ever wanted to do in life was fly. Her close friend and copilot, Mick Hammon, helped her take the steps she needed in her life to achieve those goals. But when Mick is the pilot of a crash that kills 151 people – including himself – Erin must struggle with both her grief and her feelings of guilt. After all, Erin was supposed to be flying that plane.

Enter Addison Lowe, investigator for the NTSB. Addison must find the cause of the crash, determine who or what was at fault. That involves
Arionne R
Nov 10, 2009 Arionne R rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absouletly loved this book!! I love who until the end of the book you have no idea who caused the crash. I also like how its a constant battle between Erin and Addison and how it shows how much they love each other and need each other. I didn't like how Erin was trying to set up Addison meeting Jason but it was good that they meet because Addison comforted Jason later in the book and how he was like his father like figure for a while. I also loved how Addison went with his gut feeling and had ...more
Mar 04, 2015 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Loved this book and felt like I really knew the characters when I finished. Exciting not to know what caused the crash until the end...Christian book with romance & twist & turns....
This was a good ending to the series, and since I like all things with airplanes, it was fun to read. I would recommend this book and series.
Jul 22, 2013 Tatyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am definitely by no means a strict and detailed book critic but from my perspective this book was awesome! The emotions and feelings of this book are so tangible and relatable that I could almost see the people as if I knew them personally. Terri Blackstock is brilliant in the way that she makes it so real. I loved the story-line and I love the inspirational part of where the characters were both seeking after God the whole time and it made it so relatable in my life and how I feel about situa ...more
Stephanie Snyder
The main characters got on my nerves a bit.
Jan 22, 2015 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this series, fun read.
Sep 02, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, suspense, romance
Mary Beth
Feb 13, 2015 Mary Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good entertainment.
Aug 09, 2010 Rshelite rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book about a lady pilot who misses one of her flights because of an accident and the flight she was supposed to be on crashes and there are no survivors. This makes her panic every time she tries to fly a plane after that and this book tells of the way God helps her back into the cockpit.
Absolutely the best book in the series. I love how she incorporates praying to God and trusting Christ in difficult situations. She shows how Christ can bring us a peace by trusting in him. The story line is great. Great ending to a wonderful series. Way to go Terri Blackstock!
Pat Roseman
I didn't think this series was as good as some of her others. She re-wrote these to make them acceptable to a Christian audience and perhaps something was lost in the re-writing? They were okay, just didn't have her usual impact.
Jun 27, 2008 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this whole series quite some time ago, but I remember that they were books that I really enjoyed!
Aug 02, 2011 Cheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love all her books and this was no exception. Great romance and suspense.
Victoria Neely
Sep 27, 2007 Victoria Neely rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate when series end but this one was good.
Jun 05, 2009 Marie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Want to read this sometime.
Jan 19, 2016 Glenda rated it liked it
A good read!
Lori Ann
Lori Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Karen added it
Oct 12, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2016
Malerie Gross
Malerie Gross marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2016
Paul D. Samsel
Paul D. Samsel marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Pam Jensen
Pam Jensen rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2016
Amy Nye
Amy Nye marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Roxie added it
Sep 19, 2016
Sheila rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)
  • Before I Wake
  • Not By Chance (A Seaport Suspense Novel, #4)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Urgent Care (Healing Touch Series, #3)
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Second Chances (4 books)
  • Never Again Good-bye (Second Chances, #1)
  • When Dreams Cross (Second Chances, #2)
  • Blind Trust (Second Chances, #3)