Start by marking “The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles, #4)

The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles #4)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  3,728 ratings  ·  68 reviews
Lori Wick's bestselling series The Kensington Chronicles (more than 375,000 copies sold) has a fresh, new look sure to please her longtime fans and draw a new generation of readers. Set in the 1800s, this series captures the adventure, wealth, and romance of the British empire.

When the king commands Bracken to marry, high-spirited Megan is chosen to fulfill the edict. Unsk
Published January 1st 2004 by Harvest House Publishers (first published December 31st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Knight and the Dove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knight and the Dove

I loved the Kensington Chronicles books. Very Good.
Ok i have to say, this book is one of my favs!!!!!! i love it!!! it's funny, sad, romantic!! and adventureous!!
Sarah Gomulkiewicz
This one is my favorite of them all. Megan is an awesome young woman. I do not like her mother. Her sister either. I love how Bracken and Megan fall in love with each other. I love how Bracken rescues her from her sister's evil clutches and lies.Its remarkable how she doesnt envy her sister after that. It is sad when she thinks she loses the baby but she actually doesnt. I love this story. It is awesome.
Kayla Schneider
This is one of my favorite books, and I have to read it at least once a year. I love the story that Lori Wick spins. An arranged and loveless marriage. A sister only out for herself. And a bear of a man who falls for his petite, red haired wife in the end. A story of how love can sneak up on you, even when you try to fight it.
May 18, 2007 Nikki rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans Of Lori Wick
When the king commands Bracken to marry, high–spirited Megan is chosen to fulfill the edict. Unskilled in the ways of love, Bracken finds Megan captivating, yet cannot seem to voice his feelings until he almost loses her forever.
I have read this book over again a few times. It is my "go to" book for when I want to read a heartwarming romance and waste away a few hours in a good story.
My favorite book in the series. It's a book that I go back to read time and again because I love the love story between Bracken and Megan so very much.
Rating: 6.9/10

Bracken is a strong, proud man with a bit of a temper. Megan is clever and beautiful yet stubborn. Their relationship starts off very rocky and slowly over the book they start to realise how much they care for one another. The book moves very quickly and doesn't get too deep into information. I enjoyed the story but I did think constantly, what is the point of the story? When is the story meant to end? So Bracken and Megan are in love now, what else is there? The climatic point inv
Jul 15, 2008 Judine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian romance fans
This is the best Lori Wick book yet! I love the independend, yet vulnerable, Megan. I love how Bracken makes a point of learning how to be romantic. I adore the fact that they can argue and fight and yet still get through it all with their love for Christ and each other. A must read for all cheesy romance lovers!
Katrina Waggener
One of my favorite books. The themes of love, jealousy, obsession, hatred, power and humility are dealt with in obvious and subtle ways. I learn something from these characters everytime I read this book and I have read it MANY times! God has truly given you a gift Lori Wick!
Karen Chow
Set during the mid 1500s, this book was a lot different from the first three books in the series. I enjoyed the plot a lot more and the characters were not cliche, which is a nice change from Wick.
One of my all time favorite books. Such a sweet romance with all the fun castle and knights to go with it. I've lost count of how many times I have read this book.
THis is book is sooooooooooooooooo cool and it taught me a lot about Christianity and other lessons of life. i love it
Loved this one! I looked forward to reading it every time I got a chance! Nice book about love and marriage!
Nicole De
Another one of my favorites by Lori Wick!
This book had been sitting on my shelf for a long time- so I thought it was high time to read it. I had seen mixed reviews, and my own were also rather mixed. In many ways, it was a sweet Romance which explored the deeper issues within relationships, such as learning to give and take and a good Christian Story which was not afraid to lay out the gospel and the necessity of repentance and surrender to God.

Perhaps since 1995, when this was first written, there have been a lot of other stories in
Hahahahaha.... ohhhh.... well, there was the Mary Sue character who is just so terrified of her husband to be but pretends to be all tough and fierce because fear is a sin... the husbandtobe guy who is all mean and rough and then becomes a Christian and is all perfect after lots of trial and error... the moment where the Mary Sue has a terrible experience so that her husband loves her even more... the second terrible experience that makes her husband REALLY love her... the stupid "Christian" non ...more
Kensington Chronicles #4
The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles #4) by Lori Wick The Knight and the Dove by Lori Wick is by far and away one of my very most favorite books! I have read this book at least 6 times and still laugh and cry every time I read it. If I was ever forced to give up 99% of my books, this book would be in the 1% that I kept.

Technically, this is book #4 of the Kensington Chronicles, but chronologically, it actually takes place first. It is set in the mid-1500s, almost 300 years prior to the first book in the Kensington Chronicle
Karissa Harris
The Knight and The Dove is a Cinderella story of sorts. It is set in
15th century England, where Megan our heroine a novice to the convent is called away from the abbey to marry a man she has never met by kings decree. Megan is at first horrified and resistant and Sir Bracken her groom also feels uneasy about the arrangements. They live together for a time just to get to know each and mostly they find they don't like each other, but an act of chivalry or 2 end up softening Megan's heart. Bracken
The fourth and last book in this series and I LOVED it! For whatever reason it doesn't fit chronologically with the other three but it didn't matter... I still stayed up WAY to late on more than one occasion reading... just waiting to find out what happens next!
Bryn Clegg
I first read this book when I was thirteen or fourteen. It probably wouldn't make the cut if I stumbled upon it now (seven years later), but because it was a favorite then, it's kind of like revisiting an old friend.
Georgia Johnson

Amazing story of God's grace and love. How He can take a scary and hopeless situation and turn it around into something of beauty is truly inspiring.
One of my favorites by Lori Wick. I love the characters and their interaction with each other. I have read this book no less than 5 times and it never gets old!
One of my favorite love stories--will be on my "keeper" shelf to read again. Bracken is heroic, courageous, and compassionate. Megan is sweet, naive, and brave. They are both vulnerable and unsure--and stubborn. Their interaction is entertaining. The varied characters of extended family and friends add to the story. The author is able to interweave an explanation for salvation thru Jesus Christ without overpowering the storyline and enables the reader to identify the imperfections of our hero an ...more
Great book. Really interesting characters and plot. Love the setting too. I've read this lots of times. My favourite in this series.
The storyline and characters were amazing and well-crafted and so believable! I lvoed this book and could not put it down!
The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because of one of her writing styles that irritates me to no end. At the end of a chapter she gives some sort of suspenseful preview of sorts, like "As she said this, she did not know that had she not said it, he would have reacted bla bla bla". Or "He never did sense what was going to come next" and such. I don't know a
Uplifting romance

This series of books is simple, but uplifting and heart-warming. I love marriage of convenience stories, and this one doesn't disappoint.
Renetta Herron
One of thee best book I've read to date. Well done Lori!
Renetta Herron
This is my favorite book to date. Awesome!
  • Port Royal (Buccaneers #1)
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided/Alas My Love/If Only/Five Geese Flying
  • Toward the Sunrising (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #4)
  • Hope (Brides of the West, #3)
  • Forevermore (Only in Gooding, #2)
  • A Woman Named Damaris (Women of the West, #4)
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • A Touch of Betrayal (Treasures of the Heart #3)
  • The Tender Vine (The Diamond of the Rockies #3)
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Kensington Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles, #1)
  • Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)
  • Who Brings Forth the Wind (Kensington Chronicles, #3)
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles, #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)