Start by marking “Something About Trevor” as Want to Read:
Something About Trevor

Something About Trevor

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  230 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Paul Harrison is completely straight. His house will not flood again. And gay men don’t play cricket. Eventually Paul will find out just how incorrect these preconceived notions are.

When the river overflows its banks, Paul is forced to find temporary accommodation. The only practical suggestion comes from Trevor, an out and proud work colleague. Despite Paul’s hesitancy r
Published (first published June 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Something About Trevor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something About Trevor

Camille
It's a lovely story: sweet, earnest, nicely paced and steadily developed.

Personally: it's somewhat too staid, too placid, too stiff-upper-lippy for me (sex scenes included). I adore British writing so that's not entirely it...it's just that this one felt like having a pleasant evening taking one's tea out in the Shakespeare garden. It's well-written but a bit saccharine for my tastes. The author says he writes about the man he'd like to one day meet. This story sounds a bit as much: the way one
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
2.5 stars.

The story was cute and I really liked Trevor, because I could see both his strength and fragility. Paul seemed more naive and less solid at the same time.

The beginning was very good: Paul is slightly homophobic, but he accepts Trevor's invitation to share a room while Paul is renovating his house. He begins to like and care for Trevor, to see behind his flamboyant attitude, and realize that his own previous behavior was wrong and prejudiced. It was nice to see their friendship develop
Stephen
Likeable characters, compelling storyline, characters that actually grow during the story. Yep, Something About Trevor has them all. It's a well told story that is a quick and enjoyable read. Surprisingly I found that I even liked the villains of the piece... or at least understood them.

Trevor is a gay man that falls for straight men and yet camps it up when he's tense. Like Trevor I'm attracted to good hearted straight men. There's nothing so appealing (to me) as a sweet, honest, somewhat inno
LD  Durham
Jan 18, 2011 LD Durham rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
This book started out fine. I was interested in the characters and found their personalities and lives interesting. I was eager to find out what happened. But then the storytelling changed. Instead of a nice linear showing of the characters, the author began to leap frog ahead, and then tell the reader what happened in the time in-between. Even worse, the story would jump ahead for Character A, the important events were told, then Character B would do the same thing for the exact same time perio ...more
Gaa-chan
Kyle
Drew Hunt's Something about Trevor is not a great book. There's lots of random exposition, the dialogue tends to be stilted, the author relies more on convenience than he should, and many of the characters are ill defined. Most of these problems could have been fixed if the author had attended a writing class and had taken another pass over the manuscript.

So why three stars instead of one? Look, this book isn't meant to be high art. It's firmly rooted in a popular place in our entertainment - ak
EmeArsh
Nov 02, 2015 EmeArsh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good, but wouldn't have killed to throw one romantic scene towards the end, specially when they had such a strong story and set up.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewer: Stephen
Genre: M/M Contemporary
4 Hearts

See Review Here: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...

Review:

Likeable characters, compelling storyline, characters that actually grow during the story. Yep, Something About Trevorhas them all. It's a well told story that is a quick and enjoyable read. Surprisingly I found that I even liked the villains of the piece... or at least understood them.

Trevor is a gay man that falls for straight men and yet camps it
Andrew

shinee gif photo: SHINee Key And Taemin SNSD VCR Gif MDK-027.gif

Ended up like this.
shinee gif photo: SHINee Key And Taemin SNSD VCR Gif MDK-032.gif
Table4Five
Sorry, but I would not recommend this book. It was a typical GFY romance. There was alot going on with the other characters that I felt like it was lacking with the main characters. Gary is a total douche, like the kind that you want to punch in the face. I was a cute story idea that could have had a lot of potential to be one that you would remeber. Also, the setting is not in America, so get ready to hear bloke, mate, and bullocks.
Td
Check out LdDurham's Review, this is exactly how I feel about this book...and I'm still lost and clueless about cricket. :(

Shelby P
Jan 21, 2014 Shelby P rated it liked it
I was intrigued by the plot and the story kept me engaged the entire time. There were several things that I liked about this book. The story wasn't what I'd typically expect. I like seeing how Trevor and Paul became friends. Having Paul see Trevor through his cancer scare was nice. I don't think I've read a book before where the guy goes out on a date with a transvestite and not know it. That was an interesting plot development. My dad used to play cricket so the sport brought back fond memories ...more
Sandra
Jul 08, 2010 Sandra rated it really liked it
Really liked this book brilliant first book from this author
Kiki
Aug 13, 2010 Kiki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
sweet but a bit dull
xbmbgrl
Mar 20, 2011 xbmbgrl rated it liked it
Finding himself temporarily homeless, Paul overcomes his unthinking aversion to Trevor based on his over the top gay persona but not until he makes an ass of himself and must do some soul searching. In an effort to put him at ease, Trevor gives us his romantic life story thus giving us a lot more insight into Trevor than we see from Paul.

In this book, the author really puts Trevor through the wringer and Paul is a trooper who helps him through several very emotional situations. Most of the book
Amanda
Oct 23, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New to me Author...

Solid 3.5, great story up until the whole thing with Gary and Trevor. Adored Trevor, but after that not so much. I love a bit or angst in a story, but I'm really not fond of cheating characters, no matter what the excuse is used for it.

Aside from that, looking forward to reading other books by this author.
Mara Ismine
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Another great read from Drew Hunt. There can't be anything better than finding love. When Paul finally realizes that he loves Trevor, he falls hard and fast. It is nice to see how Paul defends their relationship against the local homophobes and the empowerment it gives him. Trevor has been hurt too many times in the past and it is nice to see someone who is willing to defend him and protect him. We all like a little protection now and then.
Merith
Dec 19, 2010 Merith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this story the first time off CRVBOY, and LOVED it there. Loved it so much, I shared it with my daughter and several friends. Before it was taken down and published, I'd read the story at least twice before.

There is something about Trevor you love. If you only look at the surface of someone, you'll never realize what you could be missing - something Paul found out the more time he spent with Trevor.

Marion
Jan 26, 2014 Marion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynnebaby
I enjoyed the buildup of the friendship between Trevor and Paul. It wasn't easy or simple, and there wasn't an initial attraction seems typical of this type of book. I didn't understand several of the terms or the game of cricket (probably my American upbringing at play), but I that didn't take away from it a bit.
Seregil
Aug 31, 2010 Seregil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very very sweet romance. A gay man who acts very "flaming" to protect himself (using the cliche gay persona as a mask and weapon) and "straight" coworker who needs a place to stay because his house was flooded. It's a slow process from acceptance to friendship and then finally to love. A touching story.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jul 07, 2012 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice read, liked Paul, loved Trevor. I enjoyed the build up of Trevor and Paul's friendship to Paul realizing he loves Trevor. Gary however was a total douche bag and didn't deserve either the love of his wife or Trevor's love.
Loopy
Nov 08, 2012 Loopy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, gay-for-you, romance
The story was quite good but the jumping around in the timeline was confusing - I kept wondering if I had pressed the wrong button on my e-reader.
Shamilla
H.A.
Jul 07, 2011 H.A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. 4.5stars, would give it five but didn't like the emotional hurt Trevor received repeatedly from an ex-lover.
Jeffrey
It was an ok read. Entertaining and quick. Took me just a few hours.
Gwengwel
Read it while it's was free.
Don't remember a lot about it.
Meggie
Jul 10, 2010 Meggie rated it it was ok
The story is sweet and kind of good, but just good.
Marsha Spence
Apr 10, 2011 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!
Spotlighting A New Release For Drew Hunt 1 11 Aug 26, 2011 12:24PM
  • Cowboy
  • Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)
  • Out of the Closet (The Closet, #1)
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Pool Hall Green
  • Making His List
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • In the Rough (By Degrees, #2)
  • Out of Bounds
  • The Good Doctor
  • Pump Me Up (Work Out, #2)
  • Stealing the Dragon (The Dragon's Hoard, #3)
  • Go Fish
  • The Ordinary Us
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • If I Must
Having read all the decent free fiction on the net Drew could find, he set out to try his hand at writing something himself. Fed up reading about characters who were super-wealthy, impossibly handsome, and incredibly well-endowed, Drew determined to make his characters real and believable.

Drew lives a quiet life in the north of England with his cat. Someday he hopes to meet the kind of man he writ
More about Drew Hunt...