Start by marking “A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5)

A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers #5)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,956 Ratings  ·  887 Reviews
Rafe Bowman has just arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady-in-waiting, and if it weren't for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Wallflower Christmas, please sign up.

Sammi Yes, read it years ago and had no idea it was part of a series until today

Auntee
Sep 13, 2010 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
What more can be said about this sweet, passionate book that hasn't already been said? With over 150 reviews here at GR and over 1,000 ratings (Am I the last person on Earth to read this book?), I'm sure just about every view has been expressed already. But I might as well throw my two cents in too, maybe I'll come up with something everyone else missed (highly doubtful).:)

First of all, this is one of my favorite series ever. I don't read a whole lot of historicals, but I have been a fan of LK f
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Ah, how does Lisa Kleypas do it? I think I have Lisa Kleypas romance receptors in my brain. She always knows how to hit my satiety centers. I had heard complaints that this was too short. It was perfect for me. I loved how we got updates and interludes with the Wallflowers, we were able to see the incredible, enduring friendships between Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy. It was also great seeing the Wallflowers interact with their husbands, and to see how deleriously happy each of them were i ...more
Tammy
Oct 16, 2008 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: East, Isis, anyone who enjoys the Wallflowers
Quote ...

"Standing from the bath, Evie dried herself and donned a velvet robe that buttoned along the front. She heard the door open again. "Back to w-warm the bed?" she asked.
But the voice that answered wasn't the maid's.
"As a matter of fact ... yes."
Evie stilled at the sound of the deep, silky murmur.
"I passed the maid on the stairs and told her she wouldn't be needed tonight," he continued. "'If there's one thing I do well,' I told her, 'it's warming my wife's bed.'"

*sigh* St. Vincent onl
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Rafe Bowman has come all the way from America to England to spend Christmas at Stony Cross Park and to meet his future bride, Lady Natalie Blanford. The marriage was arranged by their parents, but Rafe isn’t quite convinced that this method of finding one’s wife is the best of ideas. There’s also the rub that his father has threatened to disinherit Rafe if he doesn’t agree to the match. But still, Rafe wants to meet her, get to know her and then decide if the marriage is to his advantage.

Lady Na
Sandra
Dec 23, 2015 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sandra by: Paula
Shelves: historical, favorites
Heartwarming, lovely romance with hero Rafe Bowman planning on marrying one girl (Natalie) but falling in love with another (Hannah Appleton).

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved Rafe, he was sexy, handsome, and charming. He was Lillian and Daisy's brother from America. The Bowman's made their fortune from a soap-manufacturing business and it is being arranged (by their families) that Rafe marry Natalie (Rafe's father is really pushing the marriage.) Rafe finds Natalie pleasing and thinks the
Jilly
Meh.... I maybe should have quit after St. Vincent's book because it went downhill from there.

Rafe, Lillian's brother, was supposed to be the hero of this book as he falls for Hannah - the cousin of the girl he's betrothed to. The problem was, I didn't really like him. I understand that he had a tough childhood and crappy parents, but it doesn't excuse some of the things he did. And, it all happened too fast. Insta-love, Victorian style.

So, Rafe meets Hannah, Lady Natalie's poor cousin, so that
Didi
God, I love Lisa Kleypas!

Revisiting all the wallflowers was just perfect. I loved this series and was utterly pleased with Rafe's story. He was a sexy and smoldering beast of a man who hid behind his debauchery and I loved it! I loved Hannah as well, she was such a strong and soothing presence for Rafe and I was so glad that the girl behind the scenes stole his heart rather than that intended for him.
As with all of LK's work, she writes with passion and intelligence, humor and precision. Giving
Shawna
5 stars – Historical Romance

This is a sweet, charming, and romantic conclusion to the wonderful, enchanting Wallflowers series. I just didn't want this series to ever end. I really hope Lisa Kleypas revisits these beloved characters again someday.
Eastofoz
Oct 30, 2008 Eastofoz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Kleypas' Wallflower series
I think this is one of the fastest books I've ever read! You’re turning the pages so quickly that suddenly it’s the end and you wish it would have continued after the epilogue –which was very sweet.

It was a good story overall, nice to see the Wallflowers again, but I'd have liked to have seen more of them. Each Wallflower has about two pages or so just for her and her hubby and you get that warm nostalgic feel for the previous books in the series. Personally I loved St Vincent and Evie and Lill
Yomi Milanesa
Jan 05, 2015 Yomi Milanesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely read, I do wish the epilogue were longer since it seems this is the last book in the series. I'm still intrigued by Lillian and Daisy's other brothers, I wish we had met them.
Leah
jenjn79
Oct 20, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
It's kinda funny, as much as I enjoyed the original Wallflowers series, I probably would have waited a while to buy this book. But with everyone talking about it, anxiously waiting for its release, I got caught up. So I had to go buy it the day it got out ;) I enjoyed the book quite a bit, though, so it was worth the hardcover price.

This book introduces a relative of two of the original Wallflowers, Rafe Bowman - who is one of Lillian and Daisy's brothers. He's been at odds with his father all h
Duchess Nicole
For a short(er) story, this felt complete. Not only do we get to know the eldest Bowman brother, but we get a lot of insight into the rest of the wallflowers and their husbands. Not just tiny snippets, either. They each get a significant shout out, and because I've come to know them all so well, this was just wonderful. I kept getting lumps in my throat. Sooo glad Ms. Kleypas decided to dig a little deeper with them!

Aside from that, Rafe and Hannah's story also felt like a full novel though it w
Julie (jjmachshev)
Oct 16, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Fans of Lisa Kleypas' 'Wallflower' series will surely jump for joy when they pick up "A Wallflower Christmas". Even though the Wallflowers are secondary characters, they're still enough of a presence to provide quick vignettes on their current lives and loves. This is a fairly short book at only 213 pages, but still has plenty of steam.

Lillian's brother Rafe is recently arrived from America and, of course, his father has selected his bride. Rafe doesn't really care, he'll marry the woman his fat
Ronyell
Finally! I have managed to read the final book in Lisa Kleypas' popular “Wallflower” series, “A Wallflower Christmas!” The Wallflowers (Evie, Daisy, Lillian and Annabelle) are back and this time they are on a mission to set up Lillian and Daisy's older brother, Rafe Bowman with the attractive and rich Natalie Blandford. Will they succeed? Read this extremely memorable and exciting conclusion to the “Wallflower” series to find out!

Rafe Bowman, oldest son of Thomas and Mercedes Bowman and older br
⊱ Irena ⊰
A Christmas love story isn't usually this heavy. And again Lillian and her issues ruined it almost completely. I liked Rafe Bowman a lot, but Hannah took her sweet time to show why I should like her.

Still, it would have been a lovely story if Lillian's insecurity regarding her husband hadn't reared its ugly head. There wasn't a single reason why that should be in a story like this. The moment that happened, even if it does not actually play any role whatsoever (to be fair), I lost my interest a
Crista
Reread on 11/26/12. My vote for Best Christmas Romance!
Reread on 12/24/14. Perfection.
Reread on 12/6/15. Stands the test of time.

A Wallflower Christmas was the PERFECT way to begin this holiday season. It put me in the Christmas spirit and really was "the icing on top of the cake" of the wallflower series! I have loved this series. Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy all are special in their own ways, and now we add Hannah to the mix.....oh how I love Lisa Kleypas.

Rafe is Lillian and Daisy's
Lady Heather
Mar 30, 2013 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance, luvvas of Lisa Kleypas, Wallflowers fans
First read April 1-3, 2010

Second read March 26-27, 2013

I have 'upped' my rating of this book from a 4 star to a 5 star rating. I enjoyed reading this story way more than I initially did the first time.

Once again Thomas Bowman is making incredulous demands on his children, this time they are on his oldest child Raphael (Rafe).
Rafe is to marry a certain Lady Blandford, and finally settle down from his 'rakish' ways. He must also do this in order for him to get his father's approval, his portion of
Karla

5 Delightful Stars! Loooooved it!

Wonderful way to end this series! We get a little bit of sexy time with all the Wallflowers that came before, and some sizzling chemistry between Rafe and Hannah! Loved the witty banter, especially the stuff that comes out of Lillian's mouth (my fave Wallflower), the scheming and seeing the scrumptious Wallflower hubbys!! RAWRRRRRR!! Merry Christmas to me!!
Maria
Feb 26, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Why this book was so short? I wanted more! I loved it!

This is not only the story of Rafe and Hannah but a story for all the wallflowers again! Rafe came from America for business and for marriage. And the wallflowers are determined to see him happy!

Rafe is a great guy! He wants to be happy because he feels alone. But he doesn’t want to make the same choices like his cold father. I liked him because he’s a man who knows what is real and what is fake. He’s not afraid to take risks and he believes
Sandra Bašić
Simpatičan ljubić koji ima rasplet na božićno jutro...
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Oh Rafe! I wish there was more of you because I could read about you forever! I loved this book and although I do wish there was more of the Wallflowers series, I didn’t think this book was too short. I thought its length was perfect. And of course, LK is capable of making us fall in love each time you open one of her books. This book is no exception.

You may have guessed my obsession adoration with Rafe Bowman. I always love the rakes because their love is transformative. I felt so bad when Lil
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
**4.5 Enchanting Stars**

This is the final book in Lisa Kleypas’ Wallflowers series. Engaging, witty, romantic and passionate, it was the perfect start to my Christmas reading.

Rafe is such an irresistable combination…handsome, sexy, funny and irreverent…an adorable rogue. It is easy to see why he falls hard for Hannah. She is very different from the women he has known…intelligent, honest and kind, but not afraid to speak her mind. At first, Hannah dislikes the brash American but gradually she see
Juliana Philippa
This was such a great story, though know beforehand that this is a novella. I say that, because there could have been much more development of the characters and the story and everything happened a little too quickly and easily. It's 200 pages though, so what does one expect? Had this story been expanded into a full-length novel, I have a feeling it would have been a 4.5/5 star book (though one never knows of course - I had thought there was absolutely no possible way that I wouldn't absolutely ...more
Celeste
Oct 20, 2008 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Celeste by: Fans of the Wallflower series
I really enjoyed A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas! Being able to hear about and see how all the characters that I have grown to love was really nice. The new storyline between Rafe (Lillian and Daisy's brother) and Hannah was great as well. I love that they made her an honorary wallflower.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a bit more character development for both Rafe and Hannah, as well as more interaction between the wallflowers and Hannah. But for light, enjoyable Chris
Lia
Apr 17, 2015 Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historic-romance
A great series came to
 photo Hand-Writing-The-End-84758_zpssfoq9sjb.gif

I really loved all the books and I am going to

photo 713731521_894712_zpsxwpltcfp.gif
I liked all of the wallflowers..
I loved the proper and "cold" Annabelle
the sweet, shy but strong Evie..
the romantic Daisy and finally the
poor, sweet Hanna!!!

AND of course I adored the Stubborn Lillie!!
It was also nice to see them all together in this final book.
Thank you Iliada for recommending the series. It was a great journey!!
NiteReader
A lovely ending to the wonderful Wallflowers series.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Bekah
Aug 27, 2011 Bekah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-own, 2011-reads
This short story about Lillian and Daisy Bowman’s brother Rafe is a romantic and touching look back in on the wallflower’s world. We get to see all of our favorite characters and meet a few more in the process. Rafe has come to England to marry a woman his father has chosen for him as well as inherit a portion of the company that he has had his eye on. However, once Rafe meets Ms. Hannah Appleton, plans change.
I had a very hard time liking Rafe. He was pushy and insulting and intentionally provo
Quinn

What a lovely way to end my first Lisa Kleypas series. I’m so glad I finally decided to try this author – definitely a case of better late than never. And while it’s a little bittersweet saying goodbye to the wonderful Wallflowers, what a great feeling to know that I have so many more of this author’s series and books to look forward to.

I don’t know whether my expectations were unrealistic (having not read many seasonal holiday reads), but I expected to spend a lot more time with the Wallflowers
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #4.5)
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Sinful (Addicted #2)
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

Wallflowers (6 books)
  • Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)

“The letter had been crumpled up and tossed onto the grate. It had burned all around the edges, so the names at the top and bottom had gone up in smoke. But there was enough of the bold black scrawl to reveal that it had indeed been a love letter. And as Hannah read the singed and half-destroyed parchment, she was forced to turn away to hide the trembling of her hand.

—should warn you that this letter will not be eloquent. However, it will be sincere, especially in light of the fact that you will never read it. I have felt these words like a weight in my chest, until I find myself amazed that a heart can go on beating under such a burden.

I love you. I love you desperately, violently, tenderly, completely. I want you in ways that I know you would find shocking. My love, you don't belong with a man like me. In the past I've done things you wouldn't approve of, and I've done them ten times over. I have led a life of immoderate sin. As it turns out, I'm just as immoderate in love. Worse, in fact.

I want to kiss every soft place of you, make you blush and faint, pleasure you until you weep, and dry every tear with my lips. If you only knew how I crave the taste of you. I want to take you in my hands and mouth and feast on you. I want to drink wine and honey from you.

I want you under me. On your back.

I'm sorry. You deserve more respect than that. But I can't stop thinking of it. Your arms and legs around me. Your mouth, open for my kisses. I need too much of you. A lifetime of nights spent between your thighs wouldn't be enough.

I want to talk with you forever. I remember every word you've ever said to me.

If only I could visit you as a foreigner goes into a new country, learn the language of you, wander past all borders into every private and secret place, I would stay forever. I would become a citizen of you.

You would say it's too soon to feel this way. You would ask how I could be so certain. But some things can't be measured by time. Ask me an hour from now. Ask me a month from now. A year, ten years, a lifetime. The way I love you will outlast every calendar, clock, and every toll of every bell that will ever be cast. If only you—

And there it stopped.”