Bridleton

Bridleton

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  584 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Andrea Bartell is an international model whose jet-set lifestyle has kept her from her Texas home for five years. Noah Courtland is the man she left behind after a bitter breakup. He’s in charge of her beloved Bridleton and it's at the root of their emotional warfare. Neither wants to rekindle the flames of their relationship yet the desire hasn’t diminished. It burns hotl...more
ebook, First, 187 pages
Published June 10th 2010 by Becky Barker (first published January 11th 2010)

Brenda
I don't know why I started this and didn't finish it but I've picked it back up and read the rest of it. It was a fast read kept my interest... steamy love scenes...it's a snowy cold day here I may start another book soon and read the afternoon away! BTW - who doesn't love a hot cowboy and there are a few in this book!

Description on Good Reads: Andrea Bartell is an international model whose jet-set lifestyle has kept her from her Texas home for five years. Noah Courtland is the man she left behi...more
Lola4
I couldn't get into the characters or the story--perpetually angry people with a bizarre preoccupation with nipples--I think the author had a bet with someone to see how many times she could work the word into a short book. Unpleasant characters in a nothing story.
Nell
Enjoyable story, nicely realised characters plus I'm a sucker for cowboys.
Brigitte
I have to agree with the lower rated reviews. I think my biggest problem with this title was the further I got into the story, the less I liked the heroine. She was wishy washy, and kind of a flake. If her indecisiveness had stemmed from being in the presence of the big bad hero, that would be silly, but understandable. Instead, she's kind of vapid and shallow. The whole 'I'll show him and flaunt my super model beauty' was pretty childish for a woman who is supposed to be as worldly and sophisti...more
Ressa Empbra
Aug 16, 2011 Ressa Empbra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who are true romantics at heart.
Recommended to Ressa by: Facbook Friends
Bridleton is a well written, classic love story by Becky Barker. I give this book a four-star review.

The story is about the man and woman who fall head over heels in love with each other at an early age. The one who moves away to start a career and a new life never wants to look back. The one left behind is almost always that 'never-changing' type, remaining in the same place literally and metaphorically, left to wonder what they did wrong, and if their love will ever return.

Andrea, having been...more
Kasey
A good fast read. The characters are likeable and I did find myself rooting for them. They both made mistakes in how they handled things when they left off five years before and they have lots to work through. Through a good portion of the book I found myself leaning more toward Andrea's side of this situation, even knowing it was a misunderstanding. Both of these characters really spent a lot of time not overcoming their pride, which was their biggest obstacle in the past and present. But in th...more
Claire
Who doesn't love a good cowboy romance? Barker did a great job creating flawed, likable characters. Noah was very sexy. Andrea was okay...I think Noah was right when he called her a snob.
This was a pretty quick read. It starts off quick, but I think Barker did a good job of setting things up for the reader. There wasn't a huge amount of back story with each character, but to be honest if there were it would have been wordy and boring. For this type of book, I think Barker did a great job.
I got...more
Amy
Not sure what to say about this book really. What I can say, don't pick up this book thinking it is going to be a burning desire to read it sort of book. I picked it up at a really busy time. Had it been the burning desire to read kind of book, I would have read it every day. As it was, it took me much longer than it should have to read. It isn't a bad book or I would have given it much lower than 4 stars, but it wasn't a fantastic book either. It is enjoyable, but not spectacular. I did enjoy t...more
Sassapphras
The story itself gets 3-stars, however there were some things that bothered me about this book. One was her reaction to his honesty. For example, Noah would say something like, "Yeah I wanted to go to this other chick when you pissed me off, but I didn't." And Andrea would melt inside at his honesty. Seriously? Honest or not, that would still piss me off. That happened a few times in the book. There were other things, too, but that's just to give an idea about what I didn't like.
Donna
This story was a fast read for me. The story has been told in many was before. Becky Barker did a good job of telling this one.

Andrea is an international model that lives a jet set life. She has been away from her Texas home of Bridleton for too long. But now she is being called home by her grandmother.

Noah is the man she left behind after a bitter breakup. But Noah stayed on the Ranch working his way up until now he's in charge of her beloved Texas home Bridleton.

Nicole
Becky Barker provides readers with a quick, enjoyable read. Her characters have are not perfect, which makes them more real. Her descriptive writing places the reader right in the middle of the ranch. Fantastic "get-away" book for anyone who loves western romances! Hopefully she will turn this into a series, so readers can continue enjoying characters and tales from the Bridleton ranch.
JoAnne
Wow what a steamy and quick read. Love cowboys, TX settings and a prominent ranching family. This book had it all. Lots of romance and love, heartache, caring, siblings, laughter, tears and a happily ever after. This is book one in the Bridleton series and Barker is a new to me author but I'll be going back for more!
Lily (Lily Pond Reads)
Got this book for free on B&N for nook. Cute story, I really liked the characters. Frustrating at times, but I loved the chemistry between the MC and her beau. It was a fast paced read. but the story kept you entertained and you can't forget the cowboy :)
Julieedington
Love, trust, deceit, and lost love. Who's to blame? When you leave the past behind, the door to a much brighter future opens. True love conquers all. Great read. This author does a fabulous job of describing a smoking hot cowboy.
Jealisa
it is the typical story of where a girl is unaware of half the story leave because she fels betrayed and comes back to fall in love with the man she left behind.
It is a book you can use to feel in the time.
Karen Davis
It was a good book to read. He still loves her, she still loves him...but can they trust each other again? I'm not gonna give away anything....you'll have to read it yourselves. =)
Vivian Archer
Pleasant story revolving around ranch life (realistic) and a second chance love affair. Filled with the requisite cowboys, cowgirls, and loyal family members.
Latte
Storyline really dragged for me. It became one of those reads you feel perfectly fine about putting down, to read something else, then get back to.
Angie
This was an OK book. It's a typical romance novel- nothing really stood out for me. The characters, the plot and the setting were all cookie cutter.
Becky Barker
Jan 06, 2011 Becky Barker rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my newest release. It was originally published by Cerridwen Press but now I'm the official author/publisher.
Marilyn
This story starts out good enough but where it went flat was basically there was no conflict.
Ashley
Enjoyed this book. Hopefully she will write books for the other members of the family.
Sharon
Enjoyed it, hope she'll continue with a series for the rest of the family.
Jenn Cunha
Really 3.5, but as discussed in book club, there are no half stars lol
an above average, good steamy read. took about 3 hours..great chemistry.
Stephanie Collins
Read this a while ago..... Not great but good enough to make it a 3.
Maddux
So this was a cute short read. Smexy cowboy... Texas ranch...

Well written.
Kaitlin
I hope she decides to write stories for the rest of the family!
Marilyn
It was a good quick read. The characters were what you expected.
Sharon
Really enjoyed this book, was the first I've read of this author.
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Never a Bride
  • The Mistress' House
  • Dear Cupid
  • A Secret in Salem
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1)
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • Safe Harbor
  • Hot Flash
  • Blame it on Texas (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • Hawks Mountain
  • Suddenly a Spy
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Loki's Daughters
  • Love in Bloom
Becky Barker is an award-winning romance author whose books have been translated into more than a dozen foreign languages, published in large print library editions and in many electronic formats. She makes her home in central Ohio where she's surrounded by a big, close-knit family.

Becky offers a monthly readers' contest on her website and welcomes readers to email her at write@BeckyBarker.com
More about Becky Barker...
Hanchart Land Captured by a Cowboy Terms of Surrender Stowaway A Matter of Trust