Start by marking “The Cowboy's Wish” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Wish

The Cowboy's Wish

2.79 of 5 stars 2.79  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  28 reviews
This is a light-hearted look at a cowboy who wishes for a wife...and suddenly gets one.
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 21st 2010 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Wish

Dianetics by L. Ron HubbardBirth Control Is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and Also R... by Eliyzabeth Yanne Strong-And...Scientology by L. Ron HubbardBehind the Bell by Dustin DiamondConfessions of an Heiress by Paris Hilton
Worst Rated Books on Goodreads
194th out of 258 books — 93 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghBorn in Sin by Kinley MacGregor
Books with Virgin Heroes
341st out of 377 books — 708 voters

More lists with this book...

This was the cutest short story I have read in quite awhile. It's to bad that life is not that way. Cute, funny and sort of romantic. I mean how romantic can you get in about 15 pages. Even though I really enjoyed it.
This "short story" is a total waste of time. By the time you start to figure out the ridiculous storyline it's over.
Rhia Thamas
To make a short story shorter, it took me about five minutes to read The Cowboy's Wish. The first thing that crossed my mind was huh?, and then I thought what?, and finally are you serious?.

I was under the impression that short stories, and especially free reads, were supposed to incite the readers, to stir up their curiosity, to make them buy the author's book or books. What this story made me do was question my sanity and the cowboy's sanity. He accepted with such serenity the fact that a wom
Book #33 of 2011 - SUPER short story - I wish there was more to it, because it was a good plotline, well, idea for a story. There wasn't enough there - but I wish there was more!
I honestly don't know what the hell this was. Maybe 3 pages of b.s.???
Too short and no dept. I like the story.
Aug 03, 2014 Peni rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Not recommended :(
I never thought I would be saying this about a story written by Ruth Ann Nordin. This story was crap. All around, thankfully only a few pages and took just a few minutes. I am with the cowboy, in total bewilderment.
A second look at Ruth Ann Nordin as an author, the only thing that was expected about this short story is that it is short. There isn't enough time to get a handle on what is happening before the surprise ending, so I could neither make sense of it and know what category to put it in. Is it science fiction? Is it a romance? This is the second ebook (eshort?) I've read that defies description.

When I read the blurb about this ebook I thought "interesting" but What Did I Just Read?!! Yes I believe that fiction should be far fetched and larger than life but I hardly blinked and the story was finished! I have a few more Ruth Ann Nordin's to go through hopefully they will have a story!!!
Ok, I have to say the typos got less as I got further into the book. So, that was a great relief for me. The story was cute, and had some interesting parts. But to be honest, it was just OK. I have read many Ruth Ann Nordin's short story and this was just not one of my favorites.
I liked the concept of the "Wish Fulfillment Agency" and that he could only perform at his best 'when well loved'. It was the shortest book I've ever read, ever. But I believe there was definately potential there, if the author hadn't fast forwarded it so much...
i read a lot of nordins stories...this one was really short & odd. dont know how else to describe it. a cowboy makes a silent wish for a bride & suddenly one appers but i get the impression shes from another time.
A short story (5 pages) about a cowboy wishing for bride.

While he sits on his horse, a mustang drives up and his wish comes true. A Ford Mustang by the way ;-)

The plus: it's very short. The minus: it made absolutely no sense. If I were grading it as a short story for a class it would be a complete and utter failure.
Literally took me 2 minutes to read. What a short and pointless story. Where was the rest of it? Did the writer get bored? weird
Denise Kuntz
This is very short and sweet! Also,the first that I have read Ruth Ann Nordin and I will definitely read more of her writings!
Jenn Swanson
This story could have had a lot a potential. To bad it ran short.
Good thing this was a free ebook... It left me feeling lost... and not in the good sense.
what the hell was this....darn stupid book (rather pages)... waste of my 3 mins.
Amanda Lane
Super short story. Can't go wrong there.
9 pages of weirdness. Thank goodness it was free.
Aug 23, 2012 Sue rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Much too short and a little weird...
Not what I expected, but very cute.
Bethenia Dixon
Pointless waste of time...
it was missing d rest of it
Fun short read.
Very short story.
Agnieszka marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Alison
  • A Hairy Tail (A Hairy Tail, #1)
  • Dancing
  • A Present for Christmas
  • Wolf Medicine
  • The Shelter (A Short Story)
  • Bridleton
  • A Change of Heart
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • California Caress
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk (Dark Cloth, #1)
  • Everybody's Daughter
  • Summer Fling (Up in Flames #2)
  • Advertising for Love
  • Flight of the Butterflies
  • Text Order Bride
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4) Suddenly a Bride (Across the Stars, #1)