Start by marking “A assinatura de Jesus” as Want to Read:
A assinatura de Jesus

A assinatura de Jesus

Have you been transformed by Jesus' passionate, unexplainable love? Learn how to experience His love and what it means to live with His passion as you become marked by the signature of Jesus: the cross of Christ.

About the Author:

Since 1982, Brennan Manning has made his home in Louisiana, from where he continues to travel and speak on God's unconditional love through Will

Published (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about A assinatura de Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A assinatura de Jesus

Garrett
Feb 12, 2016 Garrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the first few chapters, I wasn't enjoying this book at all. I didn't like the authors writing style and flow. I also found myself not really being thrilled about the message he was sending. However, as I continued reading, I started to realize that despite not always agreeing with what he was trying to say that the overall message, while being hard to hear, was something that I needed to hear. His message of being a true follower of Christ was a hard pill to swallow, but it's the type of m ...more
Jan
Feb 05, 2009 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very thought-provoking book on not so much Christian living as Christian being. The big question is, "is my life marked with the signature of Jesus?". It's not about living in such as way as to try to gain the "approval" of Jesus, but living in such as way as we would if we really understood that we already DO have His approval. So many churches and Christian leaders and pastors try to teach us to be better Christians; be more like Christ. And so often, that is supposed to be done by ...more
Karen Wong
Aug 24, 2009 Karen Wong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought-provoking, challenging, and honest are some words that can be used to describe The Signature of Jesus by Brennan Manning. In it, the reader is forced to strip away religion and encouraged to pursue the love of Jesus. Through beautiful writing, Manning shares with us his life with the Risen Christ and how He has redeemed his life from self-justification. At the same time, Manning in every chapter teaches us how to have the mind of Christ, how to be a radical disciple of Christ, and how to ...more
azn-choi
Jun 25, 2008 azn-choi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to azn-choi by: Kenny Silva
The greatest need for our time is for the church to become what it has seldom been: the body of Christ with its face to the world, loving others regardless of religion or culture, pouring out in a life of service. offering hope to a frightened world, and presenting itself as a real alternative to the existing environment.

downward mobility:
path of power vs. path of powerlessness
road to success vs. road to servanthood
board road of praise/popularity vs. narrow road of ridicule/rejection

God utters m
Curtis Lillie
I really enjoyed much of this book. Manning is widely known as the "grace guy." I started reading, intrigued by the implication of Manning's claim that "radical grace requires a response of radical discipleship."

There were several chapters and sections that I just couldn't zip through. They were so good and thoughtful that I had to pause and sit with the contents for a bit.

However, I struggled throughout the book to see where it was heading. There wasn't a coherent narrative or movement (not tha
Floyd
Sep 02, 2016 Floyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Manning is a good write with a passion for Jesus and he conveys this very well. I like his focus on experiencing Jesus and not just believing in him. This is my second book by Brennan and I'd like to read another. Some good stuff too on contemplative prayer. I heard Brennan years ago when a pastor in North Vancouver and he was a very good communicator.
Julie
Jun 04, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter what Brennan Manning book I pick up my spiritual life is impacted. This book was no different. Almost every page has been highlighted, underlined or contains a note. The personal stories he shares helps you to relate it to your own life. The quotes from others add immensely to the content of this book. It is a must read and one to go back to again and again.
Angie Tolpin
I have a special relationship with this book. It was the first Christian living literature I had ever read, aside from that one book everyone in my generation read "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris.
This book was one of those uh-huh books for me as a young woman of God.
Brian Allen
Jul 12, 2014 Brian Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not just theology, it is one of the most life changing books I have ever read. The Signature of Jesus is about two groups, Jesus, and Humanity. Read this book for yourself, really read it without judgment, for it will challenge you if you stick to the very end.
Jamey
Oct 15, 2013 Jamey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't have high expectations when I began this book. However, it didn't take long for me to gain a huge respect for the author and the book itself. The Signature of Jesus addresses many parts of the Christian life, and challenges readers to want and pursue more out of their relationship with Christ. Brennan Manning offers insights on prayer, discipleship, service, the darkness of the Christian walk, and many more aspects of our walk with Christ that we will all have to face. It is highly conv ...more
Alicia
May 07, 2008 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Just when I thought it was weird to always give good ratings to books I read this one. I didn't agree with most of the theology in this book. I think there is a problem today with so much being talked about Jesus the Son of God and not enough talk about what his message actually was. There was a small part in the middle of this book that I did really like. It touched on an idea that I often wondered about as a child. If Jesus wanted us to be kind to the poor and giving of ourselves and helping o ...more
Roland Brawner
Jul 17, 2014 Roland Brawner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book

Beautiful book

Brennan Manning writes the most beautiful books. I have loved every page of this book and will read it again and again. I will be giving this book to friends and family.
Jane Glen
Sep 05, 2014 Jane Glen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious-faith
Absolutely loved this book. A most refreshing and challenging read about living out our Christian life within the shadow of the cross. Understanding and valuing that great sacrifice should change our attitudes, action and interactions. But as we all know, we are human and frailties beset us- just another reminder of why the cross is important. A must-read for anyone interested in growing their spiritual lives.
Elysha
Jan 06, 2013 Elysha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after reading a Dallas Willard book and so this book doesn't seem as rich and full as I normally find Manning. But, Manning always makes me cry, and this book made me stop and pause a few times, and think about the implications of what he was saying. As always, Manning's books make me uncomfortable. He is so emotional and raw, and he challenges me to rethink many of my assumptions. I have highlighted many other books from his reference list and will continue to use the "personal ...more
Cam
Apr 24, 2016 Cam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brennan Manning has reminded me that being a Christian is more than saying I believe. He challenges me through his own experience and those of others to submit fully to Christ's transforming power and love. Definitely a call to radical living, a message I want to keep heeding.
Valerie
May 31, 2016 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the Read! One of the best books I've read that gives a clearer view of the Love the Lord has for us! Would definitely recommend it!
Rhi Ashford
Mar 14, 2015 Rhi Ashford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favourite Christian book ever. Properly convicting, beautifully written and reminding us of how utterly loved we are by God.
Eric King
Jan 09, 2013 Eric King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Manning. His pure understanding of the Gospel of Christ is so refreshing. The way this book points out the love of God sending us the ultimate portrait of how He desires us to live in and through His very own Son, is amazing. Manning never disappoints to portray the heart of God in his writing. And the best part is that unlike many other Christian (i use this term loosely) authors, Mr. Manning writes with only one agenda, Gods love, not personal gain or promotion. He never misses a chance ...more
Iris
Aug 24, 2012 Iris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that touched my life on contemplative prayer. I have been blessed by following the silent prayer and the prayer where I would listen to Christ's voice. Towards the end of his book, Manning brought me to believe that the many experiences of people I had thrashed in the past as mere imaginations and dreams, to be real when the relationship with Christ deepens! I really loved this book.
I'd recommend this to all of those who are beginning to follow Christ, and to those who want to be radical
Dianne
Apr 14, 2015 Dianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down. It is on the "to read over and over again" shelf of my library.
Duncan
Jul 05, 2014 Duncan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book on cost of following Jesus in the present world. A radical call for a life worth our calling in Christ. A signature of jesus in our lifestyle everyday life.
Brandon Stiver
Very good insight into discipleship. I had started to read The Ragamuffin Gospel at one point but had trouble getting into it. This book however was more challenging as far as life and thought patterns go, so that was an enticement to dig in. His insights are golden and he is incredibly articulate. He tells some great stories and really models what living out that discipleship looks like. Definitely a good read for people that are looking to go deeper with the Lord. I think that Manning himself ...more
Lisa
Jun 26, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Do not read this book unless you are ready to put surface Christianity away and wrestle with what a deep, authentic relationship with Jesus really looks like, and how far you might be from experiencing it.
Rodney
Nov 06, 2015 Rodney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Signature of Jesus the true brand of mankind

Masterfully done pointing always to our Lord And Savior. At each step demanding that we know ourselves better and fall deeply in love with our Creator, the lover of our soul.
Ashley
I read this when I was 15 or 16. It was my first encounter with Brennan Manning- a man who I had heard many wonderful things about from people I admired. After finishing it, I remember thinking "THAT was "THE Brennan Manning?!". It wasn't bad, by any means...but I don't remember finding anything overly profound, or anything that would make him worthy of the hype surrounding his stuff.

Decent book, but a bit underwhelming after hearing how incredible his stuff is.
Fernanda La Salye
Nada é tão desconcertante — e, ao mesmo tempo, mais cativante — quanto a mensagem da cruz. É no caminho do Calvário que o poder da vida, traduzida na simplicidade do coração humilde e compassivo, se manifesta de forma eloqüente. É o segredo que levou o próprio Rei Jesus a optar pela coroa de espinhos, ainda que toda a ostentação dos reinos do mundo lhe fosse oferecida. Qual a explicação para essa escolha radical? Contradição? Não. Apenas graça.
Rhi
I have read this book over and over and over again. Every time there is something else that is life changing.
Brennan's, what can only be described as emerging, views on the church are not only poignant but filled with the grace and love of Christ. He is an author that cuts straight to the nitty gritty, leaving all traces of jargon and over spirituality on the wayside.
I would hit the five stars a million times for this book.
Sheila
Aug 06, 2016 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deeply Moving

I am not capable of describing this book or the impact it can have on the reader. If you have read any of Brennan Manning's books you already know what a powerful writer he was, and you will not be disappointed in this book.
Tony Ruble
Nov 12, 2008 Tony Ruble rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through this book, God challenged me to draw closer to Him (even when I don't feel like it). As a Christ-follower, I believe (and have experienced) that when you make efforts to draw closer to God, He will indeed draw closer to you. Must read for anyone who is desiring a deeper walk with Christ. Manning is a normal dude that goes through the struggles that are common to us all.
  • Can You Drink the Cup?
  • Dangerous Wonder: The Adventure of Childlike Faith
  • The Great Omission: Reclaiming Jesus's Essential Teachings on Discipleship
  • Life with God: Reading the Bible for Spiritual Transformation
  • The Saving Life of Christ
  • Surrender to Love: Discovering the Heart of Christian Spirituality
  • Your God is Too Safe
  • Finding Our Way Again: The Return of the Ancient Practices (The Ancient Practices )
  • The Jesus Way: A Conversation on the Ways That Jesus Is the Way (Spiritual Theology #3)
  • Uprising: A Revolution of the Soul
  • Finding God in Unexpected Places
  • The Journey of Desire: Searching for the Life We Always Dreamed of
  • Character Makeover: 40 Days with a Life Coach to Create the Best You
  • A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor's Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace
  • Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
Richard Francis Xavier Manning, known as Brennan Manning (April 27, 1934 – April 12, 2013)was an American author, friar, priest, contemplative and speaker.Born and raised in Depression-era New York City, Manning finished high school, enlisted in the US Marine Corps, and fought in the Korean War. After returning to the United States, he enrolled at Saint Francis University in Loretto, Pennsylvania. ...more
More about Brennan Manning...

“The gospel will persuade no one unless it has so convicted us that we are transformed by it.” 4 likes
“For the Christian one dislocating, self-impoverishing hour spent with a child living in a broken-down dump is worth more than all the burial mounds of rhetoric, all the enfeebled good intentions, all the mumbling and fumbling and tardiness of those Christians who are so busy cultivating their own holiness that they cannot hear the anguished cry of the child in the slum.” 2 likes