Start by marking “Angels and Airheads” as Want to Read:
Angels and Airheads

Angels and Airheads

Ricky has been secretly in love with his best friend Jez forever, but he's never dared confess his feelings because he thinks Jez is too high-class for him. One evening, while sharing a quiet evening with Jez, a mysterious angel, Madred, appears and tries to persuade Ricky to take a chance on love.

Too bad Ricky doesn't believe in angels. Madred is forced to take desperate
Published June 28th 2010 by Musa Publishing (first published March 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Angels and Airheads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels and Airheads

Vio
Mar 30, 2012 Vio rated it really liked it
Lovely romance, angels helping bring about a match made in heaven. Ricky and Jez are adorable, Ricky is a knucklehead who gets a mighty shove in the right direction. Tender and lovely story, my kind of pick me up!
Chad
Wonderfully uplifting story by Anne Brooke, give this story a try you'll not regret it.

Wonderfully uplifting story about two best mates, who with a little help from a heavenly angel, finally learn that the right guy was right in front of each other the whole time.
Serena Yates
Jul 01, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
A very short, very nice feel-good story about Ricky who's been in love with his best friend Jez for years.

They've never been able to connect, both thinking the other was either not interested or too good for them. I loved reading about "heaven's last-ditch effort" to finally open Ricky's eyes. Very nice!
Tully Vincent
Feb 06, 2015 Tully Vincent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe about 3.5 but rounding it up as this cute, sweet short pushed my sappy buttons just right tonight. Lovely free read.
Don Bradshaw
Mar 30, 2012 Don Bradshaw rated it really liked it
A sweet, light hearted story about two friends that finally connect.
Cole Riann
A cute short story about divine intervention on a man who has a really thick skull :) Not a whole lot of time to get into the characters, but I rooted for them the same and enjoyed them.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Sep 07, 2012 Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews rated it really liked it
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Ricky loves his best friend Jez, but has never had the courage to do anything about it. He thinks he is just an airhead who doesn’t deserve someone like Jez. Luckily, his Guardian Angel Madred thinks differently. But, first Madred has to make Ricky believe in angels, before he can make him believe in himself.

This is a very cute little short that had me giggling. Ricky pines for his friend Jez, but doesn’t thin
Tam
Jul 06, 2010 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, demons-angels
Ricky and Jez have been friends for years. Ricky figures Jez is everything he’s not, handsome, good job, nice apartment, savings account so he’s never made a move despite both being gay. They’re hanging out one day when suddenly angel appears. Ricky does NOT believe in angels but the angel is here to help him get his shit together and realize that Jez loves him. The interactions with the angel are quite humorous and after he leaves Ricky has no memory of it but is suddenly compelled to make a mo ...more
Arthur
Mar 28, 2012 Arthur rated it really liked it
Ricky and Jez are best friends who were attracted to each other but didn't know about the other man's feeling. It takes an angel's visit to shake Ricky's stubbornness... except, he didn't believe in angels.

A nice short story. (view spoiler)
Anna Johnson
Nov 13, 2015 Anna Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!!!

This was a great book. It was funny and lovely. I'm glad I found this book. I wish it was longer. I like angels and demon books. It's different. Love though is the ultimate ending. Thank you for sharing.
Lucy
Aug 06, 2013 Lucy rated it really liked it
Just so cute! Neither one of them made anything very clear but with the help of an angel, two airheads might find their way
Betryal
Jul 02, 2010 Betryal rated it liked it
*** 3.5 ***
Edina Rose
Apr 05, 2012 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Beautiful short Friends-to-lovers story.
Ami
Jul 06, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
When the Heaven itself lends a "helping hand" to show you the path of your true love, that must means something, huh? *g*. I like this short story -- for 11 pages, it's truly entertaining.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Cute short, fun and sweet.
Stephanie
Dec 09, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Beautiful short story!
Book Utopia
Sep 03, 2010 Book Utopia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
3.5 stars, but I've rounded up to 4 for GoodReads.

Ricky and Jez have been friends for years, and though they’ve seen each other through a variety of relationships, they’ve never hooked up. Ricky has always wanted to, though. He just never believed someone like Jez would ever be interested in a guy like him. During a quiet night in at Jez’s, Ricky gets a surprise visit from a creature that claims to be his guardian angel. He’s there to give Ricky one last chance at the love he wants, but it’s up
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

When angels need to intervene to get two men together, there is no doubt the story will be sweet, adorable and satisfying.

Ricky has had a thing for Jez for a long time, but he never thought he was good enough and it certainly never occurred to him that Jez might feel the same. It takes an angel stopping time and showing him flashes of Jez's thoughts behind some familiar events to kick Ricky in the ass and make
Nicci
May 01, 2012 Nicci rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Ricky requires divine intervention to help him see what he want is there in front of him. Ricky is stubborn to the hilt and thinks of himself as unworthy. Determine to succeed where his fellow angels have failed, Madred, goes one step further literally showing Ricky his life with his best friend Jez.

Sometimes we need help with pulling our heads outside of negative thinking. Perhaps, then, our dreams will come true. First, you must believe.

Angels and Airheads is a short, endearing story of faith,
ManOhMan
Jul 23, 2012 ManOhMan rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Amber: I can't say that I got what the point of this story was. The angel was supposed to be some sort of divine act of intervention, but I felt the story to support the reasoning for this was sparse and bland. The characters weren't developed enough for me to like them and I blame this on the short length(5K).

There is a short erotic scene tacked on at the end. If you're into angels and quick reads you might enjoy this short story.

D

Rachel Emily
Apr 21, 2012 Rachel Emily rated it really liked it
Very cute, short story! Anne Brooke always writes great short stories and this one did not disappoint.
Andy Frankham-Allen
Jul 02, 2010 Andy Frankham-Allen rated it really liked it
A fun read indeed. In turns nice and light hearted, and in turns sweet and touching. Defo recommended.
Antonella
Jun 29, 2013 Antonella rated it really liked it
3.5

Lovely story, above average.
Missjoanie
Missjoanie rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Marte
Marte rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2016
Sanaz
Sanaz rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Anne Brooke lives in Surrey, UK. She is a multi-published author in a variety of genres, including gay erotic romance, fantasy, comedy, thrillers, biblical fiction and the occasional chicklit novel. Her fiction has been shortlisted for the Harry Bowling Prize (for novels set in London) and the Royal Literary Fund Scheme.

When not writing, she spends time in the garden attempting to differentiate be
More about Anne Brooke...