Start by marking “Spirit of the Home: How to make your home a sanctuary” as Want to Read:
Spirit of the Home: How to make your home a sanctuary

Spirit of the Home: How to make your home a sanctuary

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A practical guide, packed full of simple, easy-to-follow advice, on how to create your own sacred space and sanctuary and discover peace and tranquillity in your home.
Paperback
Published April 6th 1998 by Thorsons

To ask other readers questions about Spirit of the Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit of the Home

Juliette Williams
I've always been curious about feng shui, especially about the flow of chi through living spaces. Many of the books are stale and not things I'm interested in reading (try this! Spice up your life by doing this!). This book shows how to create energy flow within the home and shows beautiful photographic examples as well. I'm still enjoying (well, I do love good picture books!).
Lavonne
This is my "go to" book when I feel like decluttering, creating space for a specific task or activity, changing some aspect of our home that's a bit out of sync, or just plain need direction with color, etc. Although my version of the book is a 1998 edition, it is still appropriate - you just need to consider the effect that technology plays in our daily lives. I am about to loan it to my daughter who will soon be living in her own space by herself for the first time (you can't count a single co ...more
DDog
This book was a great look at some of the physical things we can do to make our houses homes. It's divided into sections that walk you through decluttering your house, creating treasure maps to find your dream house, a very bare bones intro to feng shui, tips on talking to your house and feeling the energy of rooms, ways to bring varied sensual experiences into your environment, and generally getting things sorted so you can truly live in your home.

It's got a bit of woo-woo but there's plenty pr
Lia
If you find certain aspects of feng shui hokey (as I do), this book is for you. It offers a pastiche of theories and philosophies about the energy flow in a room. It addresses color, texture, scent, and more. It also has great pictures.
Erica
The pictures are beautiful and the book is full of great tips on how to make your house feel like a home.
Adrian
It may be what Prof Brian Cox calls 'wu-wu' but its good quality, well written wu-wu.
Amy
Feb 28, 2008 Amy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just a started. Has some good points so far, curious to see where it takes me.
Shumei
how to connect to your home with the lost art of 'home-making',
Hannah
Jul 28, 2011 Hannah added it
Lovely book that gives basic theory of Feng Shui.
Kimberlee
Kimberlee marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Terilee
Terilee marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am the author of over twenty books on natural health, holistic living and spirituality. I am passionate about seasonal living, fitness, yoga, meditation, dreamwork and shamanism.

I am lucky enough to live in a beautiful and wild part of the UK, surrounded by nature.
More about Jane Alexander...
The Smudging and Blessings Book: Inspirational Rituals to Cleanse and Heal The Body, Mind, Spirit Miscellany: The Ultimate Collection of Fascinations, Facts, Truths, and Insights Walker Spirit of the Bedroom (Spirit of the Home) The Natural Year: A Seasonal Guide to Alternative Health & Beauty