Start by marking “Messages from Beyond” as Want to Read:
Messages from Beyond

Messages from Beyond (Night Fall #5)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Cassandra starts receiving text messages from Ethan, a boy her age who seems to know a lot about her. He says that he goes to her high school, but they always seem to miss each other. The school office has norecord of him. She learns that he died in an accident 20 years ago. Suddenly, strange things begin to happen to Cassandra.
Published August 1st 2010 by Darby Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Messages from Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messages from Beyond

☞Luis ☞Dominguez
This book is about a girl named Cassie; she suddenly starts having nightmares with this guy. Then she starts to receive messages from a stranger, the stranger sends her a picture of him and there it was the guy from her nightmares. Cassie then investigates who this guy is and searches him in the most recently two yearbooks at her school she did not find him. Then the librarian tells Cassie that she had found the guy with those characteristics she had gave her. The librarian was kind of confused ...more
Annalee Schnebele
While this is not the best piece of literature I've read, I do have to say that it will be an easy sell for reluctant teen readers. It's creepy, it's suspenseful, and it has a twist at the end. While the character development is nonexistant, and the plot is predictable for someone with experience in the genre, it is still something that I didn't want to put down at the end of lunch.

I am a little annoyed that the book is so "trendy" with the names of certain popular songs mentioned as ringtones a
Diane Ferbrache
First Cassie is having really scary dreams and now someone is sending her mysterious texts. Does she have a stalker? Or is it just the nerdy guy who wants to ask her to the Halloween dance? She’s tried answering the texts, but no luck. Once she has a name & photo, she decides to investigate – the truth turns into a shocking and horrific experience.
This is part of Lerner’s “Night Fall” collection of brief, hi/low horror stories. Think – Goosebumps for teens. Each chapter ends with a cliff h
Tori
Mar 18, 2011 Tori rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one!
Shelves: hi-lo
UGH! I have read a lot of hi/lo fiction for teens. Most of it has been very good and suited its purpose. This book is absolutely horrid. Just because a story is written at a 3rd or 4th grade level doesn't mean it has to be stiff, boring, and just plain bad. I don't know how you could even start to care about the main characters. The big fight scene at the end is a joke. Darby Creed and Learner need to take lessons from Orca Soundings. Find some award winning authors to write really engaging stor ...more
Courtney
This story was about a girl named Cassie who was reciving messages from some guy she didnt know. She couldnt get no answer trough the messages, so she went hunting for answers else where. She found out that Ethan had died 25 years ago. I know your asking yourself how is that possible? Go read the book and find out :) I really liked this book. It was pretty short, and it kept to the plot. It defantialy kept my on the edge of my seat. It had that creepy feeling as well.
Ms. Yingling
This one had so many references to popular culture that it will not last long at all. It got to be a bit annoying after a while, especially since I was already uncomfortable about the girl being stalked.
Elzbeth
This is a very quick read. It's a horror/ghost story with an unfufilling ending, but satisfyingly scary.
Joy
I'd suggest this for young readers who like scary books. An easy read, and an interesting storyline.
Elsa
Short and sweet. When I have time, I'll read the other titles in the series.
Travis
I really like the Night Fall series so far. Very good writing!
Adiba Khaydari
Adiba Khaydari is currently reading it
Oct 16, 2014
I LOVE YOU
I LOVE YOU marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Sabrina R
Sabrina R is currently reading it
May 08, 2014
Cody S
Cody S is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2014
Hunter
Hunter marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Amy Reads
Amy Reads marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Cynn
Cynn marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
There is more than one author by this name on Goodreads.
More about Stephanie Watson...
Elvis & Olive: Super Detectives Pope Francis: First Pope from the Americas Anderson Cooper: Profile of a TV Journalist Jamie Oliver (People in the News) Heath Ledger: Talented Actor