Start by marking “Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance” as Want to Read:
Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance

Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  125 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In Beautiful You author Rosie Molinary passionately encourages women—whatever their size, shape, or color—to work toward feeling wonderful about themselves despite today’s media-saturated culture. Drawing on self-awareness, creativity, and mind-body connections, Molinary incorporates practical techniques into a 365-day action plan that empowers women to regain a healthy se ...more
Published October 5th 2010 by Seal Press

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful You

Veronica
Oct 24, 2010 Veronica rated it really liked it
"A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance" is exactly what this book is. You get 365 life-prompts. Sometimes they are for your journal, sometimes things to do or things to not do (stop apologizing!). I didn't read every page as I think part of the fun of a book like this should be to discover your next step. I plan to start using this book later this year when I have time to commit to it.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher.
Raquel
Apr 03, 2013 Raquel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I worked my way through a few months' worth of exercises in this book, but frankly found quite a few of them to be shallow and vapid. I need help with serious body image issues, not platitudes about remembering that I'm special, that all bodies are beautiful, and that I am more than just my body. Yes, okay, fine, all that is well and good, but when you seriously hate your body--are plagued with terrible thoughts and have self-worth issues that go back to your childhood--a book telling you t ...more
Arielle
Feb 02, 2015 Arielle rated it liked it
There are days when I fall into an inconsolable pit of self-loathing. On these days, I often feel like a fat, miserly, uninteresting, socially inept, unattractive, psychotic, waste of life force. It was on one of those days that I purchased this book. I admit that I can't give it a fair review because I only did the first three exercises, and they seemed like they'd help someone who really needed them. The problem is, that usually, those days for me are sparked by something specific and I have a ...more
Traci
Jan 26, 2011 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really admire Molinary for putting this book together because I heartily agree with her main point: women are much too hard on themselves when it comes to physical appearance. As women, we are never satisfied with our bodies, and sadly, we seem to equate our self-worth with those same imperfect physical shapes. And it seems that the self-hatred starts earlier and earlier, with girls as young as 5 and 6 going on "diets" because they believe they're "too fat".

I won't go into great detail about
Kathryn White
Jan 04, 2014 Kathryn White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The start of the year is always a nice time to begin a journal or a daily guide. Even better—how about combining the two for even more powerful self-exploration!

Rosie Molinary in Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance shares 365 days of practical and doable suggestions to make changes in your self-perception and learn to appreciate the beautiful, talented, and wonderful person you are.

Each day starts off with...

To read more of this review, please visit: http://www.kathrynvwhite
Sonya
May 12, 2013 Sonya rated it really liked it
I read this through over the course of a week instead of taking it day-by-day as its intended. Didn't keep a journal, either, but no matter how you use this book, the message is clear: there are more fulfilling/satisfying/enlightening things in life than how you look. Thought-provoking in a very important way.
Rachel
Sep 28, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is a great way to increase your confidence, joie de vivre, and celebration of yourself and others as whole people, not just bodies. It's much more than a body-image book. Rosie Molinary is an awesome, thoughtful, exciting writer and person. I would recommend this to most anyone.
Jennifer B
A good book with some great devoitonals, specifically targeted at women's body issues. I was hoping it would have had a more wholistic approach to embracing self-beauty. Good stuff, though.
Hope
I am not counting this in my total for the year, since I only skimmed it. A daily workbook of a sort, with activities and meditations to help you come to a greater sense of body acceptance and love.
Chibi
Jul 29, 2012 Chibi rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize this was a one-exercise-per-day book...

...but it is SO worth the time, effort, and energy! This is an amazing book that every woman should work through. Thanks, Rosie! <3
Georgiana
Oct 03, 2013 Georgiana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up, self-help
Meh. Just like the Dove ads - plays right into the notion that we have to be beautiful to have any worth, even if that definition of beautiful is supposedly more enlightened. It's not.
Ashleigh
Feb 21, 2013 Ashleigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a good jumping off point into the world of body positivity. I really like its no-nonsense outlook. Keeping a journal really does help
Liz De Coster
Jun 09, 2013 Liz De Coster rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
A little repetitive and simplistic, but also contains some practical and thoughtful advice. Recommended for young women especially.
Betty Howls
Jun 23, 2012 Betty Howls rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction-diy, 2013
I just started this book, and I talked about it on the air on the Betty howls show 06 23 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Aida
Aida marked it as to-read
Saki
Saki marked it as to-read
Kat Trina
Kat Trina rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Stephanie Nelson
Stephanie Nelson marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Hanna Roseen
Hanna Roseen marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Deedee
Deedee is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2016
D.
D. is currently reading it
Jan 31, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Tatum
Tatum marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Andree
Andree rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Ida Assyaida
Ida Assyaida marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Nightmare
Nightmare rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
  • F 'em!: Goo Goo, Gaga, and Some Thoughts on Balls
  • Meditation As Medicine: Activate the Power of Your Natural Healing Force
  • In My Father's House: Africa in the Philosophy of Culture
  • Riddled with Life: Friendly Worms, Ladybug Sex, and the Parasites That Make Us Who We Are
  • Wild Meat and the Bully Burgers
  • Yoga for Anxiety: Meditations and Practices for Calming the Body and Mind
  • Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You
  • Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight
  • Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony
  • Sarah Emma Edmonds Was a Great Pretender: The True Story of a Civil War Spy (Carolrhoda Picture Books)
  • Big Big Love: A Sourcebook on Sex for People of Size and Those Who Love Them
  • Two Whole Cakes: How to Stop Dieting and Learn to Love Your Body
  • Pirate vs. Pirate: The Terrific Tale of a Big, Blustery Maritime Match
  • Learning to Love Yourself: Finding Your Self Worth
  • Global Girlfriends: How One Mom Made It Her Business to Help Women in Poverty Worldwide
  • Nothing Left Over: A Plain and Simple Life
  • The Invisible Heart: Economics and Family Values
  • How to Heal Toxic Thoughts: Simple Tools for Personal Transformation
Author, speaker, and teacher, Rosie Molinary, MFA, had earlier careers as a high school teacher, coach, and college administrator. Her poetry and non-fiction have been published in various literary magazines and books, and she has contributed to various magazines and websites.

Rosie’s second book, Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self Acceptance, will be published in October 2010 by Seal Pre
More about Rosie Molinary...

“With journaling, you see the patterns of your life; you claim—or reclaim—who you really are; you coach yourself into becoming the someone you imagined; you arrive at a sense of balance, of yourself, of wholeness. You can discover productive patterns and nonproductive patterns in your life, and you can choose to embrace the ones that move you forward.” 0 likes
“Having a negative self-image or a negative body image is like always having a gate-crashing critic watching the events of your life as they unfold.” 0 likes