Start by marking “Chasing Butterflies” as Want to Read:
Chasing Butterflies

Chasing Butterflies

When a heat wave wrecks Nolan Brooks’ rental car, leaving him stranded in a sleepy little Tennessee town, the goal of spending the summer running his best friend’s beach-side bar begins to flutter out of reach. He’s trying to be responsible and ambitious for the first time in his life, and spending the weekend at a local festival celebrating the migration of the Purple ...more
Published June 28th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Butterflies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Butterflies

Mandy*reads obsessively*
This was a guest review for the Boys In Our Books *Spring Cleaning*

So when Ami asked me if I had a book collecting virtual dust on my virtual bookshelf I had to laugh.
Do I ever, way too many. Ami checked my shelves and told me I HAD to do some spring cleaning and while I was at it, a guest review of my dust bunny book.
I picked a book that I bought a loooong time ago, so long ago that I hadn't added it to GR and the publisher doesn't exist anymore.

The t
Book Utopia
2.5 but I won't ever read this again, so I'm rounding down.

I love the title of this novella. It was one of the reasons why I decided to give it a whirl when the blurb didn’t necessarily scream buy me. But unfortunately, my reservations from the blurb ended up prevailing.

Nolan is on his way to Savannah, to help out an ex with his bar. He’s trying to re-imagine his life and identity after his most recent boyfriend kicked him out because he thought Nolan needed to learn some responsibility. Nolan’s
Susan Laine
Dec 31, 2013 Susan Laine rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. For a novella, this story and its heroes have surprising depth. And though there are butterflies in the story, this is about breaking away from preconceptions of oneself as a loser and a failure and deciding to seek happiness instead.

Nolan’s ex throws him out, always subtly or less-than subtly calling him a failure. On his way to a new job in a new town, Nolan meets misfortune and ends up stuck in a small town which only booms during a short visit by rare butterflies but now suffers u
Tam
Aug 05, 2012 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Nolan is trying to get to Savannah where he is going to manage his friend’s bar when he’s on vacation after Nolan’s BF suggested they “take a break”. Everyone figures Nolan is a screw-up who can’t do anything, so he’s determined to prove them wrong and when the planes aren’t running he rents a car and heads off. He ends up with car trouble in a small town just as their butterfly festival is about to start. At the guest house he meets Gray who charms his way into sharing his room because he’s had ...more
Candice
Jul 30, 2014 Candice rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, m-m
Nolan and Gray. What can I say? I liked them. I didn't really believe that Nolan was the screw up that people thought he was. For some reason that really bothered me. I think I needed to see it. I think I needed to really believe that he was a screw up, because even HE said he was.

Then there was Gray. I liked him. I liked him a lot :) But, I think I would have loved this story if they talked instead of assuming.
Eyre
Nolan is a nice guy who needs the chance to grow up. His ex, Elias, needs to be smacked. I wanted to shake both Nolan and Gray for not talking to each other and for letting silly misunderstandings create problems for them.
kasjo_peja
Jun 02, 2013 kasjo_peja rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the beautiful prose, engaging writing style and interesting characters (primary and secondary). I didn't like the silly, easy to-be-avoided misunderstanding between two MCs.
Breedcentosette
Breedcentosette rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
bazinga ~Lisa
bazinga ~Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2011
Venecia
Venecia rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Cate Ashwood
Cate Ashwood rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2011
unchatnoir
unchatnoir rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Shirley Frances
Shirley Frances rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Elizabetta
Elizabetta rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Kyra
Kyra rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2010
Lada
Lada rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2012
Mel Bradley
Mel Bradley rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Loginn rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2010
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2010
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Writing bios always makes me think of that line from `Buffy The Vampire Slayer` -- "Think of something cool, tell him I said it." So, lo! Here are some interesting and fascinating things you really need to know about me:

1. Coffee is life. So is tea, and occasionally when I can get my mitts on them, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

2. I'm in the final year of working for my Masters' in Creative Writing.
More about Cat Kane...