Start by marking “Big Book of Juices: More than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day” as Want to Read:

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  376 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
With some 405 recipes for fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies, and quenchers, this newly updated and expanded edition of Natalie Savona's essential kitchen guide to juicing now offers health-conscious readers even more. A smart indexing system sorts the juices by key ingredients, nutrients, and health benefits. Plus, a simple, five-star system rates the effectiveness of ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Nourish (first published October 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Big Book of Juices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Book of Juices

Jamie
Nov 29, 2011 Jamie rated it liked it
I just got an awesome juicer so I got this at the library. I like it but I've found it's just easier to juice whatever's in the fridge rather than follow a specific recipe. Although it does give specific recipes for immunity, detoxifying, digestion, skin, and energy.
Brian Kennedy
Mar 30, 2012 Brian Kennedy rated it it was amazing
A MUST HAVE for anyone with a juicer. Over 400 recipes. (They also have a smoothie section for drinks that can be made in the blender.) So many things I didn't know you could juice-- broccoli, ginger, sweet potato. Plus combinations I never would have thought of-- watermelon & grapefruit, or oranges & beet root. Some of the ingredients don't look very appealing together on paper, like pineapple, broccoli, watercress & parsley... but the picture next to the recipe always looks refresh ...more
Nancy
May 03, 2011 Nancy rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best juicing and smoothie recipe book. It's full of beautiful pictures and simple recipes with focuses on building energy, immunity, better sleep, etc.
Les
Nov 08, 2011 Les rated it liked it
A good starting point....after a couple of weeks of juicing, you figure out what combines well, what doesn't (ugh...oranges/mustard greens)
Love the pictures!
Bambi Coppler
Jan 10, 2016 Bambi Coppler rated it it was amazing
This book has several recipes for juicing, smoothies, and quenchers that I'm excited to try. Not only that but it has an ailment section in the back with different fruits and veggies that are best for those ailments. There is also a juice high weekend detox included in the book. A great source for people who enjoy juicing and it includes how well each recipe helps your energy, detox, immunity, digestion, and skin.
Karrie Stewart
Feb 13, 2016 Karrie Stewart rated it it was amazing
This was a great book with so many recipes for juicing and smoothies. I really love how it has a graph at the bottom to tell what nutrients you are getting.
Maureen13
Jan 01, 2016 Maureen13 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is AMAZING. I just got into juicing and with the help of this book I now love it. It has a plethora of enticing juice recipes and full color artistic photos of most of them to boot. I love that this book has the cool photos - it adds something special to the book and made me love even more. It also inspired me to come up with my own drink recipes. After you buy this juice book, there is no need to buy another recipe juice book. However, I do have another good juicing book that talks ab ...more
Dana Lehman
Feb 13, 2013 Dana Lehman rated it it was amazing
I'm happy that I bought this book. I have some picky eaters. Now my kids pick drinks to make and we read about the nutritional benefits of whatever they make. I have a son that doesn't want to eat fruit or veggies but now he's asking me to make him these drinks. It's a fun and delicious way to teach the kids about nutrition. My older son even said he felt like the drinks gave him more energy so it's a nice example of how healthy food does give you more energy.
Dean Gerszewski
Aug 06, 2015 Dean Gerszewski rated it liked it
Tasty, but wish they was more nutritional information. I do dig they also added smoothies and quenchers (never heard of these before). I'm mainly a vegetable juicer.
Karen Morgan
Mar 03, 2014 Karen Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great when I want to do something different but can't think of a creative combination. I like the indexing by ingredient which makes it easy to use the nutrient chart and then find a juice by its main ingredient. All in all it's a useful & attractive book.
Alisha
Jun 17, 2013 Alisha rated it really liked it
I got my husband a juicer for his birthday, and knowing he would need a recipe book, i read a dozenish reviews on Amazon and this one had the best reviews. i was not disappointed. Beautiful book with simple recipes and tons lovely pictures.
Lynnea
May 09, 2013 Lynnea rated it it was amazing
A great resource with colorful pictures. Not only are juicing recipes given, it is a resource for what fruits/vegetables are good for what ailment/benefit and how to prepare them. There's even a "menu" section to get you started.
Stephanie
Apr 13, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This has some awesome recipes and is a great book for those interested in juicing. I still use it alot to find new juice blends.
Heather
Jan 15, 2016 Heather marked it as not-cover-to-cover  ·  review of another edition
A great book if you are juicing, but I'm more interested in blending, otherwise.
Roxy
Mar 26, 2013 Roxy rated it it was amazing
absolutely love this book, so much information and has been very helpful
Vania Perez
Vania Perez marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Sandrita
Sandrita marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
karen eckhoff
karen eckhoff rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Ryan Puccinelli
Ryan Puccinelli rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
English
English marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Karen McBoob
Karen McBoob rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Carol Lancrain
Carol Lancrain marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Michael P OBrien
Michael P OBrien rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Chris Uhas
Chris Uhas marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Mrs J Kelly
Mrs J Kelly rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Karen Hernandez
Karen Hernandez rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Rashidat
Rashidat marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Tina Romanic
Tina Romanic rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
M.B.Suleman
M.B.Suleman marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
  • Going Raw: Everything You Need to Start Your Own Raw Food Diet and Lifestyle Revolution at Home
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • The Juicing Bible: Second Edition
  • The Everything Juicing Book: All You Need to Create Delicious Juices for Optimum Health!
  • The Juice Diet: * Lose Weight * Detox * Tone Up * Stay Slim & Healthy
  • The Best of Clean Eating 2: Over 200 Recipes with Cleaned-Up Comfort Foods & Fast Family Dinners
  • The Chinese Vegan Kitchen: More Than 225 Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from the Culinary Regions o f China
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
  • Eat More of What You Love: Over 200 Brand-New Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
  • Sun, Wind & Light: Architectural Design Strategies
  • Australia
  • The 30-Day Vegan Challenge (New Edition): The Ultimate Guide to Eating Healthfully and Living Compassionately
  • Calories & Corsets: A History of Dieting Over 2,000 Years