Start by marking “Pushing Limits (Bondage Ranch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pushing Limits (Bondage Ranch, #2)

Pushing Limits (Bondage Ranch #2)

Samantha Grayson has been burned before by Doms, and her attempts at vanilla relationships haven't worked for her either. She's gotten such a reputation for being an unruly submissive that most of the dominants at Bondage Ranch won't take her on. Arthur Marcelli is up for the challenge. But the more they play the more serious it gets, and D/s is just for a little light fun ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Pushing Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pushing Limits

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Oh, I liked this one even more then the first one. In here we meet an experienced dom and a sub who struggle to find common ground in their relationship. Sam has been mistreated by Doms in the past and has the 2 page list of limits to prove it. She is thought in the community to be difficult, but really, her trust has been broken so many times, it's no longer fun for her. Arthur is new to Bondage Ranch and hooks up with Sam for a casual weekend. Arthur realizes that Sam needs to be shown that sh ...more
Jessica
Apr 01, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm

Liked this better the second time through. Sam made a lot more sense to me for some reason (maybe because my preconceptions were different, so I could empathize more with her prickliness?), so watching her get her HEA was really sweet. Sweet is kind of the tonal quality Ms. van Yssel seems to go for, and she does it well.

The one thing that really brought this down for me, and why I can't give it 4 stars, is the stalker thing at the end. It seemed kind of unnecessary to the story. Plus,
Delia Binder
Jul 09, 2014 Delia Binder rated it liked it
If the book had just been about Arthur, the bisexual, currently-straight Dom who used to be a gay leatherboy bottom, and his wooing of Samantha (aka "Sam"), the submissive woman with a lot of limits, and about the regulars of Bondage Ranch (especially Alex, the most imposing subbe you'll ever meet, and her Dom/husband Dylan - who sometimes needs to be made to submit right back!), I'd have given this story five stars.

Arthur and Samantha on their own are great characters, and watching Samantha
Melinda
Jan 10, 2012 Melinda rated it liked it
This was an interesting book into the BDSM lifestyle. Although a pretty typical story of girl meets guy, girl skittish due to previous guy, guy gets girl's trust, guy meets previous guy and handles the issue, then girl and guy live happily ever after. Yes, this is an over simplification and the story is better than just "typical", so don't let this statement deter you.

I did enjoy this story and really like the intereaction between Sam (girl) and Arthur (guy). This story is not a high action stor
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Jan 17, 2011 ♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, adult, erotica
Ms. Yssel is a new author for me. After reading one of her bondage ranch books, I ended up purchasing all the rest. This is the last one I read. I liked how this book is from a narrative of once bitten, twice shy person. It's good to show the realistic things that can go wrong in a BDSM scene. I found this book to be very accurate on the required communications and how even those in the lifestyle can be unintentionally cruel. Good book and kinky scenes.
LynnMarie
Sep 07, 2010 LynnMarie rated it really liked it
Christy’s Review

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is the second in the Bondage Ranch series. Ms. van Yssel’s previous personal experience with BDSM shines through in her books. The characters were realistic and I really enjoyed learning all about them.

Samantha Grayson, aka Sam, is a struggling submissive. She has a long list of do’s and won’t do’s since having experienced some painful scenes in the past. She really wants to be a good submissive but must overcome certain fears, and learn to
ൠSinful
Dec 13, 2010 ൠSinful rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
I did like this one. It was different. Samantha has been with Doms before and she now has this huge list of limits thanks to the many lessons learned inthe past. Alex just moved to town and he is experienced. Other Doms don't like to play with Sam and her limit list or they see it as a challenge to ignore or push, Alex sees it as smart. Each one is a pretty wise choice. He takes his time building her trust and she starts removing things from the list so he can show her wax play doesn't have to e ...more
Pam
Sep 12, 2014 Pam rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm
Not bad, but totally predictable.,
~~~Heather S.~~~
Apr 19, 2011 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
We've got a hot one here, whew! But there's much more to this book- the relationship development was more thorough than the first book and it felt more complete.

Sam was a bit of a PITA, although understandably so, she's been burned by Doms in the past and refuses to let that happen again. Luckily Arthur was extremely patient and respected her limits while gently pushing her further. I enjoyed their relationship dynamic, looking forward to the next book....
Megan
Jan 25, 2013 Megan rated it liked it
Again a lovely romance-plus short. The sane, safe, and consenual mantra once again is extremely prevelant. I love the message throughout that not all relationships are the same, and what works for one couple may not work for antoher, especially within the community.
Tabakat
Jan 05, 2013 Tabakat rated it really liked it
What I really liked about this book? The safe word was not seen as a thing, that the submissive had to be pushed into using, or that would cause the relationship to end if it was used. It gets major points for that from me.
Esme90
Jun 13, 2011 Esme90 rated it it was amazing
Quite a sweet love story set in teh BDSM scene. Love the way the author handles the issues of consent and where its limits lie. Characterisation drawn well. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Think I'll check out her others.
Dee Wy
Oct 28, 2014 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Loved watching the relationship develop with Samantha herself shortening her list of hard and soft limits. The ending felt a bit off with the tacked on drama, but overall I enjoyed the story.
Vinette
Jul 02, 2012 Vinette rated it really liked it
After reading SM: 101 ... i read this short story of a Sub who being subjected to not very well trained D/s. The hero, Sir/Master Arthur was patient and grew to love Sam more than just a play thing.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Aug 10, 2011 Laura (Kyahgirl) rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, erotica-bdsm
2/5; 2 stars; C+

I was bit disappointed in this story. The heroine was very hard to connect to and the action and dialogue felt stilted.
Vicci
Jul 13, 2010 Vicci rated it really liked it
Debbie
Apr 20, 2011 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Even though Sam drove me crazy with her insecurities, this did end up being a very good book.
Jenn
Oct 20, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it
wow i was quite surprised in the end i quite liked it, soft bdsm waxing and spanking.
Lucy
May 23, 2013 Lucy rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
Yay!!! It started out slow, but then bam!! Really liked it!!!
Lisa
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Chenille
Chenille marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Shirene
Shirene marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Haywood
Haywood marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Renate
Renate marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Pardeep
Pardeep rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Siobhan Geosits
Siobhan Geosits marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Sean Clare Wallace
Sean Clare Wallace marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
  • Sweet Silence (Tygers, #3)
  • Tamed
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1)
  • Beck And Call
  • Tamed by the Dom (Guilty Pleasures #3)
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Jillian's Master (Club Esoteria, #5)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • SoloPlay (Come Again, #2)
  • Signed, Sealed and Delivered
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • Slave To Love
  • Submissive Beauty
  • The Ultimate Kink (Quinn Security, #2)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)

Bondage Ranch (7 books)
  • Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)
  • Moving On (Bondage Ranch, #3)
  • His Little Tart (Bondage Ranch, #4)
  • His Little Treasure (Bondage Ranch)
  • Taming the Mistress (Bondage Ranch, #6)
  • An Expert in Domination (Bondage Ranch, #7)