Start by marking “Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1 & 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1 & 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #1-2)

Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1 & 2 (Kingdom Hearts #1-2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Kingdom Hearts manga volumes 1 and 2 collected into one book!
Published January 2008 by Tokyopop

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1 & 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1 & 2

Lauren Jones
Absolutely loved this! Sora's face is hilarious in manga form. Loved the little extras aswell!
Follow the epic Kingdom Hearts adventure from the beginning, with the new Final Mix version based on the acclaimed game. Disney and Final Fantasy come together in this charming tale about the strength of one's heart, and the bonds one forms. Sora, Kairi, and Riku live on the peaceful Destiny Islands until the day the door opens and the Heartless consume their world. Each gets transported to another world. Now, Sora must join up with Goofy and Donald in order to master the Keyblade, find his frie ...more
Well.. this manga was adapted from the video game. Not as cool as the game.. Just okay. The game was much cooler with the weird mix of Disney and Final Fantasy characters. Although.. it did make me crave plugging into my Playstation.. Haha. =)
What can I say? I just love kingdom hearts!! Reading it was just as if I were playing it. Books like this make me want to read more =)
- Why do these read from left to right? They should read the other way!

- These follow the video game pretty well. There are a couple of worlds missing though, and I wish they had included everything.

- I love seeing Final Fantasy characters mixed with Disney characters! So brilliant!!

- The story is a bit confusing. I wish they explained things better.

- I like how some of the panels overlap. Some of pages are crazy organized chaos.

- Reading these makes me want to play the game again.

- Seeing Goofy
Johl Campbell
As a frequent player of the Kingdom Hearts video games I entered this manga with high hopes and wasn't disappointed nor extremely impressed due to my high expectations though I was pleased with it.

The art was well used as well as the comedic aspects within the story as it is incorporating Disney animations settings and characters within a retelling of the first game.

Overall this first volume truly does capture the essence of the franchise that I have come to love since my first encounter with
This kind of is what it is. A comicbook rendering of all of the cutscenes of about 33-50% of the videogame Kingdom Hearts. Since the plot of the videogame is meant to drive you to a series of fight scenes, which are not so visually appealing that they translate well to comics, it's kind of a lot of people talking.

There are a couple of especially good panels where the author takes liberty with the material, but otherwise the value of this book is that if you want to relive the game but you're too
Adaptions are a hard subjects that a few may agree and disagree.

For a long time since the dawn of cinema, many books and novels and other books such as comic books, graphic novels have all being adapted to the big screen. Like all adaptions some are successful while other are completely disappointment of the production. The big problem of adapting something may it be into television, movies, video games, comic books and what else is, how much concept, characters, story can be brought over into
Was a quick and easy read. Was essentially the same story line as the game. I haven't played the game in a long time so this was a quick way to refresh my memory about what happened in the game.
I gave it 3 out of 5 stars because while a fun read, it wasn't anything extraordinary and I wasn't expecting it to be. It was what I thought it would be and I'm satisfied with that.
Luis Campos R
Me gusta esto de Kingdom Hearts versión manga ^^ De este tomo resalto un par de detalles de la historia que no conocía y la personalidad de Donald, es muy divertido como se llevan Sora y él :P Además de por ser fan de KH y de lo interesante que son sus historias seguiré coleccionando y leyendo estos mangas porque se ven muy bien en la estantería *0*
Justyn Rampa
On paper the Kingdom Hearts franchise should be everything I love, but I've tried multiple times to get into the series and haven't been able to do it.

So I selected the manga re-release as an Otaku title because the kids were clamoring for it and this time I for sure had to engage with the series.

The manga was enjoyable but it felt a little disparate. Perhaps it was written for the readers who had completed the game, but it just felt like the plot was taking huge jumps at times that were expecte
James Tucker
It was a great read, very funny and scary aswell. Can't wait to read the next book.
Leon and (view spoiler) are my favorites!!! <3

I absoultly love Kingdom Hearts! Honestly I read the sequel before this book by mistake, and after reading this I realized that it's really not as good. Espeically when it comes to Aladdin, in this one it's a bit more of the author's actual atory, whereas in the sequel it seemed to be just ... the movie in a different/shorter format. But nonetheless I love this book, and when I found it at my school library I totalyl flipped
Jacob Kane
good game reference
=I love the Kingdom Hearts series, though I'm not a video game person; the plot is amazing and it's got some of the most beautiful music. The manga adaption is cute and funny, and while I like it (because, hello, it's Kingdom Hearts), it cuts out so much from the actual game (which by the way, I've never finished; I just watched most of the cutscenes).
Pretty much reads just like the video game, scene for scene. While this is good, it would be nice if it added to the story a little bit more. I already know this story, but I will continue reading because they read fast and it's still pretty neat. You can't beat the Kingdom Hearts concept.
This is a cute series. I think the video game is probably a better medium for telling the story then the manga, of course the video game was also created first, so the story was created to be told that way. I'll probably pass this on to my sister if she needs something to read.
I actually played this game. As much I want to buy and read this, maybe I will buy it but not read it, why? Because it's just the same story.
I've only played a little of the games but I know the story. This was a great way to tell the story i love it and would love to read more of them.
Kezuka the dark otaku
i read this manga to understand the game story well and its a very good manga and i like it a lot
Great manga, stayed true to the game. Just wish the volumes were longer!
Need to read the other Volumes for sure! Full review coming soon!
Lisa Courtney
9/6 - Angel Antonio RET 10/10
Kristen marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
John marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Ashley Hurtt
Ashley Hurtt marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Davidpg marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • Black Canary #1
  • Edge of Spider-Verse #2
  • Time for Magic (WINX Club, Vol. 6)
  • The Sentinel
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 8 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #8)
  • Homestuck Book One
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
Shiro Amano (天野 シロ, born January 4, 1976) is a Japanese manga artist who has worked on several projects, including his adaptation on the popular Kingdom Hearts series.
More about Shiro Amano...

Kingdom Hearts (8 books)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 (Kingdom Hearts, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts, #3)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 4 (Kingdom Hearts, #4)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix, #2)
  • Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix, #3)
Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 (Kingdom Hearts, #1) Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1 Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2) Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts, #3) Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Vol. 1