Start by marking “Why You Behave In Ways You Hate: And What You Can Do About It” as Want to Read:
Why You Behave In Ways You Hate: And What You Can Do About It

Why You Behave In Ways You Hate: And What You Can Do About It

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
WHY YOU BEHAVE IN WAYS YOU HATE will show you the hidden mind-sets that arise in response to misunderstood parental behavior, then show you step-by-step tools of self-analysis and effective action to change your behavior.
Published September 1st 1997 by Penmarin Books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Why You Behave In Ways You Hate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why You Behave In Ways You Hate

Patrick
Jun 29, 2010 Patrick rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed, psychology, 2010
Is there such a thing as Freudian determinism? Dunno, but that's all I could think of as I waded through this one. Not that the analysis of upbringing causing problems is wrong, of course, but I just can't help but think there's a lot more to matters than that. It appears Dr. Gootnick learned how to use a hammer and goes through life seeing nails.

Also very strangely there's next to NO discussion of any possible biological cause to any sort of mental illness. This is talk therapy, unfiltered. An
Karen Emenheiser
Therapy book that's been on my shelf for too many years. I'm finally getting to it. More intelligent than I thought it would be. I'll probably recommend it to patients who seem to be stuck in behaviors that....you guess it! They hate! Speaks to childhood family dysfunction.
Sherry Griffin
Jan 16, 2008 Sherry Griffin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one trying to understand themselves
A very good book for someone who wants to more about why they are who they are. It can be confusing. But still a good book.
Chioma Matilda
it teaches temperamental persons to manage their temperament.
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Amber  Wehrli
Amber Wehrli rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Farnaz Salari
Farnaz Salari marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Vijay
Vijay marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Ncsd
Ncsd added it
Feb 19, 2014
T.
T. marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Irene Mcintyre
Irene Mcintyre marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Collette
Collette marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
katzenbooks
katzenbooks marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Dawna
Dawna marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
Sandy Swain
Sandy Swain marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2012