Start by marking “Charade” as Want to Read:
Charade

Charade

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  5,890 Ratings  ·  260 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown electrifies listeners with the stunning story of a woman whose new lease on life morphs into a terrifying nightmare.…

A medical miracle gives TV personality Cat Delaney more than a new heart. She changes her career, trading Hollywood for San Antonio, where she hosts a TV show for children with special needs. Here she meets A
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Charade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charade

♥Sharon♥
Nov 17, 2014 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo charadecollage_zps743cc1fd.jpg

I picked up my first Sandra Brown book early in October. It was Envy and I absolutely loved it. Charade is my 8th book and I guess it is safe to say she is now one of my favorite authors. She is so creative with her characters which lends to a captivating story.

In Charade we meet Cat Delaney. She has been given a second chance at life and wanting something more tangible, something that allows her to give back; she leaves her acting career behind and makes a move to San Antonio to lead a project
Mo
Nov 06, 2014 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I must say since I read my first Sandra Brown book not so long ago, I have been hooked. She is a fantastic author. I am rarely disappointed.

A medical miracle gave TV personality Cat Delaney more than a new heart. It gave her a second chance at life. After leaving Hollywood to host a San Antonio TV show spotlighting children with special needs, Cat fights to gain respect as a newscaster. She meets Alex Pierce, an ex-cop turned crime writer, who regards her as a woman, not as a heart patient.

As
♥Rachel♥
Good but not my favorite of Sandra Brown.

The beginning was slow and took me a while to get into the story because it was the setup for the main story to come, and that was fine. I was glued to the "pages" but I found myself upping the speed of the narration to get to reveals. It seems this Sandra Brown was slow in releasing them.

The last few chapters were a whirlwind of info and discoveries, one which I guessed and then set aside only to have it come true in the end. I have to say it colored t
Maria Clara
Jan 25, 2016 Maria Clara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es el primer libro que leo de esta autora y con seguridad volveré a leer otro. Aunque el argumento no es original del todo, Sandra Brown a logrado enfocarlo desde un punto de vista muy interesante: ¿qué pasaría si alguien matara a aquellas personas que tal día recibieron un corazón nuevo? La manera en que la autora te sumerge en la historia es fascinante: te muestra los últimos minutos de vida que tuvieron los donantes de dichos corazones, y después juega con el lector para ver si es capaz de en ...more
Suzanne
Jan 12, 2015 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"The soul would search endlessly and in vain for its home, while the still beating heart continued to mock the sanctity of death."

Well, Ms. Brown never fails to entertain me and keep me on my toes. This was a really great read with a thrilling mystery, danger and romance. I was still figuring it out till practically the very end.

Cat Delaney famed soap opera star gets a new lease on life thanks to a heart transplant. With her new heart, she also has a change of heart about her life and up and l
Ya~
Jun 13, 2015 Ya~ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
2.5-stars
I really love the premise of this book, and the pace is excellent. But I feel Cat character sometimes seems forced, irritated and exaggerated. Her backstory and a lot of difficulties she has gone through aren’t layered in a way that help me connect to the character. The romance between Alex and Cat goes from sizzle to fizzle. The plotline is crowded with many secondary characters that none of them stand out. Suspense, mystery, and romance all fall flat in Charade, imo.
Karen
Nov 29, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, review to come.
Tanya
Feb 05, 2016 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I love Sandra Brown!! Great book!!
Neide Parafitas
Sep 25, 2012 Neide Parafitas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leituras-2012, own
A estrela de televisão Cat Delaney precisa de um transplante de coração e um milagre da medicina permite-lhe conseguir uma nova vida. Agarrando esta oportunidade, Cat decide apresentar um programa de televisão para crianças especiais que se intitula "As crianças de Cat".

Mas Cat começa a receber recortes de jornais com "acidentes" fatais de pessoas que, tal como ela, receberam um transplante de coração e mais ainda... Cat apercebe-se de que morrem todas na mesma data... no dia do aniversário em q
Linda
cha·rade [shuh-reyd; especially British shuh-rahd] noun

A blatant pretense or deception, especially something so full of pretense as to be a travesty.

October 10, 1990 was a very special day for Cat Delaney. The time had finally come when she was going to be given a new heart. Out with the old, in with the new.....

This older romantic suspense story was loaded with twists and turns. Originally published in 1995, it was re-released for a second time in 2010. This latest issue is the copy I read, t
Laylaw
Nov 21, 2014 Laylaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one thing about some of the sandra brown books I have read is that you don't get the everything tied in a bow at 85%, not you get every last drop of the story up until the very last page. You are still questioning everything and everyone up until 98% and wondering who in your list of suspects is the real killer. Can't say again how much I love this woman's writing, but the proof is in the pudding.....
Éride
Sep 01, 2016 Éride rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reseña de CHARADA.
Charada es una novela de suspense escrita por Sandra Brown en 1994. Cuenta con 527 páginas.
Se cuenta la historia de Cat, una famosa actriz gravemente enferma afectada por un severo problema de corazón. Afortunadamente, consigue un trasplante a tiempo y se recupera completamente de su dolencia.
Pero un día comienza a recibir cartas amenazadoras y se da cuenta de que otros trasplantados de corazón como ella han sido asesinados. De pronto, toma conciencia de que su vida corre pelig
Shardallinee
My sister owned a copy of this book for forever it seemed. And while I love reading suspense novels I never got around to read this one... before we had to read it for our book club a few years ago. I probably don't have to say more than this - It wasn't the last book of Sandra Brown that I read since. She got me hooked by the way she was weaving characters and words.

description

The author had me falling into the world of Charade since the first page - I emerged only at the last line of the book. Needless t
Jonetta
Jun 17, 2012 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soap opera star Cat Delaney receives a new heart, getting a new life while on the same day several others lost theirs. She's never wanted to know anything about her donor, content to move forward with her life unencumbered. Cat leaves her show and moves to St. Antonio, Texas to explore her new passion, finding permanent homes for kids in foster care. All goes well until she learns that other heart recipients who received their transplants on the same day are mysteriously dying from accidents. Ar ...more
Joana
Apr 29, 2012 Joana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cat Delaney, uma actriz famosa decide trocar os holofotes de Hollywood para se mudar para o Texas, abraçando uma nova carreira como apresentadora do programa "As Crianças de Cat", cujo propósito é dar a conhecer casos problemáticos de crianças para adopção, proporcionando-lhes famílias através da divulgação.
Para trás, Cat deixa Dean o seu ex-cardiologista e namorado, cuja relação branda e desapaixonada em nada contribui para a felicidade da actriz.
Contratada por Bill Webster, uma magnata da tele
Julie
Jan 08, 2011 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won Charade through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway on 12/15/2010 and received it on 12/27/2010!

I love all of the Sandra Brown books that I have been able to get my hands on, so if you are a Brown fan, you will love this book along with all of the others. She really didn't disappoint at all. The story never had any slow or draggy parts and of course it was very well written.

My only issue with Charade is that for once with a Sandra Brown book, I had picked out who the villan was by about a q
Kay
Jan 16, 2011 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This is the first book by Sandra Brown I've read. It's been on my shelves of books to read for years, but I've delayed reading one of hers because I know myself well enough to know that if I liked it I'd need to read every one! It was very good so I guess I will spend the next couple of years catching up with her mountain of books!!
Stina
Jul 27, 2010 Stina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I found this book in a box of stuff from middle/high school and thought I'd give it a reread.

Wow... the cutting edge of organ transplants, people named Judy and some wild sex scenes. Probably awesome if you're in 8th grade- not so great as an adult.
Willow
Jul 27, 2010 Willow rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
We'll preface this one and say that there's not much that beats a really great Sandra Brown novel. She includes all of my favorite things: a Southern setting, a tortured but sarcastic hero, a mouthy heroine, a sparkling sexual connection, and a plot that twists itself one way and then the other leaving you breathless until the end. She's the queen when it works. It sings.

This one fell flat.

The whole organ transplant thing had the bare bones to be interesting. THe first couple of chapters had m
Viviana
Oct 02, 2012 Viviana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este foi o primeiro livro que li da autora e só posso dizer que superou as minhas melhores expectativas.
Este é um romance policial, mas é também muito mais do que isso. É uma história comovente de dor, de perda, de esperança e do milagre que é a vida.
Ao ver-se entre a vida e a morte Cat Delaney, uma estrela da televisão, toma a consciência que a vida lhe deu uma segunda oportunidade. Cabe-lhe a ela usar essa segunda oportunidade para ajudar os outros: crianças traumatizadas que, como ela, tinha
Vera
Peguei várias vezes neste livro antes de o começar a ler a sério, o facto dos primeiros capítulos serem todos sobre o mesmo dia (10 de Outubro de 1990) era confuso para mim. Não conseguia entrar na história e decidi fazer uma pausa de uma semana. Quando peguei nele novamente não consegui largá-lo e li cerca de 300 páginas num dia, não consegui deitar-me sem o acabar. A sede de saber quem era o assassino estava a deixar-me em ânsias e li sem conseguir parar.
Extremamente bem conseguido, Obsessão t
Dale Safford
Mar 11, 2014 Dale Safford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At 11 discs, this was about the longest book on CD that I have listened to, but it held my interest all the way through. The characters are solid, and the story moves right along.

Cat Delaney is a soap opera star, an orphan who had not been healthy since she was 8 years old. After receiving a heart transplant, her focus on life changes and she moves to San Antonio, where she has a specialty TV shows "Kat's Kids" which tries to get foster kids adopted. But the story tells us that on the anniversar
Jenny Jo Weir
I almost broke up with my bestie over this book. She would not tell me "who done it" and I was shocked I couldn't get her to spill the beans but now I'm glad she didn't since it was not at all the person I was thinking.

This is a mystery book with a lot of other stuff thrown in to appeal to the masses. I liked it a lot! One of the best books I've read this year. It kept me guessing the whole time and I was very intrigued and captivated through the entire story.

Very good book. Highly recommend.
Azuyu
Sejujurnya saya nggak menyangka buku ini tergolong bagus karena awal sepertiga ceritanya lamban dan datar. Untungnya setelah 2 bulan cuti saya berhasil nyelesainnya. Ceritanya sih menarik tapi saya bukan fans berat deceased ex trope ya. Buat saya walaupun inti ceritanya bukan tentang percintaan, tetap aja ada unsur romansa di dalamnya. Saya sih nggak suka kalo ada cerita salah satu tokohnya punya pasagan yang meninggal. Rasanya si tokoh utama yg lain malah jadi second best. Emang ceritanya nggak ...more
Putri Septiana
Such an excellent book! I can't put down this book until I finished it. The story is well written. The suspense is just killing me that it kept me on edge.

I like how the book can make me guessing who is the culprit. Brown gave clues here and there that make my brain working to find the culprit. The three stories background for the heart transplant make me guessing, 'what become of them now?'. So much to speculate and mull over that I never get bored in the middle of the story.

It's quite easy fo
Sandra
O livro é super interessante.
O desfecho até é entusiasmante, mas depois de quase 500 páginas de letra minúscula com espaçamento nulo, não há quem aguente.
O que é uma pena.

Neste caso as opções da editora prejudicaram o apreço que eu teria por este livro.
Caso alguém o queira ler, por favor opte por outra versão.
Bea
Dated, preachy, and with corny dialigue. But, the killer's identify took me completely by surprise.
S.J. Tyson
Sep 01, 2015 S.J. Tyson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A medical miracle gives TV personality Cat Delaney more than a new heart. With her second chance at life Cat trades Hollywood for San Antonio, where she hosts a TV show for children with special needs. Here she meets Alex Pierce, an ex-cop turned crime writer-and the first man to see her as a woman since her surgery. But her new world turns sinister when fatal "accidents" begin killing other heart recipients, and a mysterious stalker starts shadowing her every move. Soon Cat realizes Alex may-or ...more
Tairyn Ayala
I don't know what to think about this book. I liked the plot. I was always changing my mind on who the "stalker" was. It kept me guessing, and this I respect a lot in books. I have a knack for knowing what will happen and who the culprit is chapters before it they're revealed, not so this time.When I'm surprised, it makes me happy. What I could not stomach were the main characters. Cat, in spite of her charitable work, stroked me as a selfish, opinionated and an inconsiderate brat. Always insist ...more
May 03, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Plot: Cat, the main character, is an actress/reporter who has a heart transplant. Some psycho is killing people who had heart transplants on the same day she did in an attempt to kill the heart so the deceased person can be in peace and Cat appears to be his next intended victim.

Normally I can't put Sandra Brown novels down. This one was just OK to me.

I'm not saying it was bad, it was not, but it didn't grab me the way her other books have. Maybe it was because early in the book they took time t
Sanda Brown Super...: Charade 1 4 Jul 29, 2014 04:22PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Truly
  • Cover of Night
  • Cry Wolf (Doucet, #3)
  • The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
  • Death Is Forever
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Return To Me
  • Alma Rebelde
  • A Deal With the Devil (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4)
  • Carnal Innocence
  • What She Doesn't Know

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...

“ - Ah,temos um mas. Você devia ter sido critica literaria. Eles atiram-nos flores e depois dão-nos um pontapé nos tomates." pag.130” 1 likes
“emotions to surface now.” 1 likes