Start by marking “Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)

Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick #3)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  317 ratings  ·  27 reviews
One the run from the mob, Bronte McBride needs the kind of protection that only the mysterious and handsome bodyguard Darkwyn—a former Roman warrior turned dragon—can give her. But Bronte's secrets could endanger both of them. Read Annette Blair's blogs and other content on the Penguin Community.

Published April 5th 2011 by Berkley (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Dragon

Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenThe Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken
Best Dragon Shapeshifter Romance Novels
103rd out of 179 books — 346 voters
Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenLast Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Dragon Shifters
139th out of 263 books — 589 voters

More lists with this book...

Cindy
This is a fun paranormal read with an action plot. Third book in the Works Like Magick series and closely related to the first book [Naked Dragon].

Practicing good witch Vivica has a calling, she collects the strays she calls chameleons who arrive on earth from other planes and times and helps them acclimate and find jobs. To this end she has developed a step-by-step series of lessons which will help the individual understand the technology, language and culture of the current here-and-now. Too b
Isis
Absolutely fantastic book. Annette does not disappoint. There are twists and turns throughout the book that drag you deeper and deeper into the story. I also loved that once again, characters from previous books show up in the story. :)

Please read Vampire Dragon. You won't regret it!
Lynda Tatad
I was really curious about the title of this latest Works Like Magic novel! I know that there was going to be another Dragon man coming across the veil in this story, but didn't know the dragon shifters could become vampires!
**********possible spoilers***************
Darkwyn Dragonelli is the 3rd of the Dragonelli's to cross the veil into Salem, Massachusets. Quick backstory: Killian the Dark Witch had changed a Roman Legion into dragons and sent them to a parrallel universe on the Island of
Sandy M
Well, this is a first. And one that puzzles the hell out of me. This is the first time an Annette Blair book hasn’t blown me away, hasn’t made me laugh as much, hasn’t drawn me in as completely as all of her previous books. Very disconcerting when this happens with one of your all-time favorite authors.

I kept thinking while reading the first half that we read a lot of the same in the first Dragonelli book, Naked Dragon, particularly the way Bastien had to learn being human again. Those are very
OpenBookSociety.com
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Heidi

Beware of spoilers

After Bastian’s success on the Earth plane, it’s now Darkwyn’s turn. He is the third dragon to be turned back to a human and sent to Earth. His mission is to find his heart mate and make her goals his own. Darkwyn never expected to find his female quite so easily. She showed herself shortly after his journey to Earth. He rushed his training to go work for her and once he felt she was in danger, he couldn’t wait anymore.

He showed up
Lynn
Hey I am a dragon person, so any story with a handsome man who happens to be able to turn into a dragon is a must read. Combining my two favorite things to read about!

I vaguely remember reading the first book in this series: "Naked Dragon" ... found for the obvious reasons! The premise is that a legion of Roman Soldiers have been charmed by an evil sorceress who then placed this legion of soldiers turned dragons into an alternate realm. After all these years a good witch has worked a way to get
Julie
I don't know what the deal was with this one. It is the third book in a series, and I'm not sure if they have to be read in order or not. For me, from the first chapter on , I felt like I had started in the middle of the book. I just didn't get the whole thing. This book gets good ratings, so I guess it must be me. I may be a little too old for this premise. I just never did get warmed up to this one. Too may different creatures, language/terms I didn't really get. For the twenty/thirty somethin ...more
Trea
I had hoped that this book would be better than the predecessors, but it really wasn't. In fact, it was practically a carbon copy of Naked Dragon. It was also full of vampire clichés, and while I can understand it based on what the heroine did for a living, it got old rather quickly. In addition to that, I thought it was very out of place to have a business like that in Salem. I would expect it if the location was New Orleans, but it was ill fitting in Salem. I'm actually glad this is the final ...more
Barbara ★
I didn't like this as much as the first [Naked Dragon]. The elements are basically the same, with the whole learning curve thing. I did like Darkyn and found some of his antics amusing but for the most part it was just too similar to the first one. I particularly liked Zachary but since all the dragons are male, he probably won't get his own book. Also he's only 12 so it would be a while even if it was possible.

IMO Puck (the talking bird) saved this book from being only 2 stars. He was just hil
Susan
Another fantastic Annette Blair book. I loved Darkwyn, in all his nearly ADD dragoness. He wouldn't pay attention to his lessons, then quit to go to Bronte right away, planning to learn on his own. His problems trying to cope with/understand modern life were hysterical. Bronte's own issues with trust and her past also created problems for the pair. I also loved Zachary and his young/old soul. The things that came out of that boy's mind and mouth were amazing - and really funny. I can't wait for ...more
Sillylittlefishey
I was not very optimistic about this book after reading the first in the series, Naked Dragon, which I hated!! If I had not received this from the publisher, I wouldn't have read it. There was a lot of stuff that was pretty repetitious of Naked Dragon, but it wasn't nearly as torturous to get through...it even had a little bit of a storyline although Darkwyn had a one track mind from the very beginning...the little hornball...and Bronte wasn't much better.
Missyb
Love the Dragonelli brothers. Very funny. More action then the first two. Wish the other 2 brothers were a little more involved, but when they were it was funny. Fun, easy read. I hope that Jaydun's story is finally told in the next book, I feel like there was a gap between this book (book 3) and book 1 because Jaydun shows up at the end of book 1, and the Dragonelli brothers are not in book 2, and he apears in book 3 as a supporting character.
Darcy
I normally really like this author, her books are a light fun read, but this one just didn't live up to that for me.

Bronte was not interesting at all. Zachary was more than a little creepy, even knowing why. Darkwyn was such a cliche. The whole club/entertainment center was beyond riduclious.

The next book in this series will be a make or break book for me.
Jeannie Lopez
Great series , I hope there are more ..
Crystal
Well, I got through the whole book and I'm still not entirely sure vampires exist in the author's world. The H's being too literal and missing the subtleties of the english language got him in trouble too, although the h was considerably more eager to sample his errr charms.
Ginger
I like the idea behind the story but am not fond of the writing...just seems hard to read to me. Would I read the next book? probably. I am a sucker for series and having read the first three I will probably continue, painful though it may be.
Alicia
loved this book annette blair writes some of the steamiest yet hilarious paranormal romances i have ever read. i couldn't put it down i absolutly love it when an old time alpha male meets a strong woman who can put him in his place.
Tarran
Oct 30, 2011 Tarran added it
Well, the characters didn't get any less silly. The writing style is funny, but I think the type of humour the author was going for was overstated. The storyline line was good and the book was entertaining. A nice light read.

Loretta Barton
There was so much potential in this book but it seemed rushed. it was like watching a movie that had been edited too much. I liked the story line but I just couldn't connect with the characters.
Kim
I loved this book and can't wait to read teh next one. Whenever that is, I will have to look and see if her web site gives any clues who and when. But still something to look forward too.
Nora-adrienne
Another fantastic story by Annette Blair and hopefully it will continue all the way to the redemption of all the dragons.
Lily C
This could of done with a lot less sex and more story to develop the books potential
Ming Haugen
better then the last entry in the series .. not so weighed down with sadness
Amanda

Couldn't get into this book and gave up after 40 pages of nonsense.
Vivian
I really like this book.
Laurie Switzer
Laurie Switzer marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Pcow
Pcow marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
  • The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons (Light Dragons, #2)
  • The Gathering (Immortals, #4)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • Demon Hunting in Dixie (Demon Hunting, #1)
  • Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)
  • Lucan (Pendragon Legacy #1)
  • Only Lycans Need Apply (Broken Heart, #9)
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • Tears of the Dragon (Dragonshifters, #1)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Wild & Hexy (Hex, #2)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
  • Phenomenal Girl 5 (Elite Hands of Justice, #1)
  • Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)
  • Dragon Warrior (Midnight Bay, #2)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse, #5)
196212
Annette Blair's romantic comedies owe their beginnings to a root canal and a reluctant trip to Salem Massachusetts. Though she had once proclaimed she'd never write a contemporary, she stumbled into the serendipitous role of Accidental Witch Writer on that trip. Funny how she managed to eat her words even with an aching jaw. Magic or destiny; Annette's Bewitching Romantic Comedies became her first ...more
More about Annette Blair...
The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1) A Veiled Deception (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #1) Sex and the Psychic Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #1) An Undeniable Rogue (Rogues Club, #1) The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)