Start by marking “Catch Her If You Can (Samantha Spade #3)” as Want to Read:
Catch Her If You Can (Samantha Spade #3)

Catch Her If You Can (Samantha Spade #3)

Even a robot dog can sniff out trouble...

USAF Lieutenant Samantha Spade is in the heat of the west Texas desert testing a dog-like robot for military use, when the device leads her and her team to a pick-up truck. The driver comes at them with a gun-and is shot in self-defense by Sam's friend. And then a gruesome discovery is made: three human heads in a cooler in the ba
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published January 4th 2011 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Catch Her If You Can, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch Her If You Can

Hmr28
Jul 20, 2011 Hmr28 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series! I am so bummed there will not be any more. Sob.
Renee
Feb 05, 2012 Renee rated it really liked it
I love Lt. Samantha Spade as a character. She's funny, irreverent and a reluctant leader. She has a sense of humor about herself, and despite her mouth a pretty high tolerance for idiots. She runs a research team that looks at whether or not weird backyard technology has real-life military applications. This time around it's a robot dog that finds (and runs on) it's own natural fuel sources. She's disgusted to find out dead things are on it's menu, and mad her chief techno wizard didn't rule tha ...more
Mary
Mar 11, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Samantha Spade mystery trilogy and is as good as the first two books. There are funny moments as well as scary and touching ones. Mitch shows up more in this book and things between he and Samantha get more involved. His past and hers catches up with them but all ends well.

I would recommend this book or any of Ms. Lovelace's books as they never disappoint!
Harry Lane
Aug 14, 2016 Harry Lane rated it it was ok
Whether you call this a thriller/romance or romance/thriller, the author clearly had a mild case of tongue-in-cheek while writing this book. Action was predictable, characters little more than cardboard cut-outs, and still the book proved to be a pleasant way to pass an hour or three.
Barb in Maryland
Our chatty heroine, 2nd Lt. Samantha Spade is back in action--and the cast of characters is vast. We finally get to meet her scumbag ex-husband, the bimbo he's now married to, the Mexican drug lord who is making Mitch's life hell; as well as assorted drug runners(dead, mostly)and an endearingly inept young TV reporter named DeWayne. Oh, let's not forget this book's star gadget-Snoopy the sniffing robot dog. Stir them all together and you have another mad-cap adventure with plenty of mayhem, hair ...more
Colleen
Feb 15, 2015 Colleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Samantha Spade is still getting into trouble and taking us along for the ride. It's a fun series, not anything more than it pretends to be. An enjoyable way to spend a flight.
Donald Blum
Jun 05, 2011 Donald Blum rated it it was ok
I thought this Kindle freebie would be fun, adventurous, and maybe offer a little insight into how the military tests products. Instead, it was mostly a silly, though quick, summer read. I suppose in that light one can't put it down very much, but the climax was obvious, not well detailed, and the spirit of adventure a little more mild than anticipated.

This novel is one of a series with this particular central character. Although it was a nice, light-hearted read, I won't be picking up anymore b
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Mar 05, 2011 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it really liked it
I think I love this series (A Samantha Spade Mystery) by Merline Lovelace.
Samantha Spade is a 2nd Lieutenant testing mom and pop inventions with possible military applications for the Air Force. Each book in the series involves one of these cleverly thought of inventions. This time it is a dog robot which will end up saving her life.

To say more would divulge to much information and spoil the excitement for you. It was a cleverly planned book and the characters aiding Samantha are crisp and beli
Caroline
Jan 06, 2011 Caroline rated it really liked it
Lt Samantha Spade is a great character and I love this series. Of course, I worked in DoD for 36 years and with DARPA for more than 20 so I'm familiar with a lot of the situations/terms in the series. But Merline Lovelace uses humor to explain acronyms and other DoD-ese so it shouldn't be too bad for someone not familiar with it. Sounds like people I've worked with. LOL
Sue
Feb 15, 2011 Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Lovelace's main character USAF Lieutenant Samantha Spade and her team of misfits find bodies in unique places. The series is interesting in that the gadgets her group tests run from hillarious to the possible, the setting is in Texas desert, and the team is unique and interesting. A fun and interesting read.
Michele bookloverforever
Sam Spade, Samantha Spade..jr.lt. in air force tests strange scientific inventions for DARPA. but keeps getting into trouble and getting out of it too. I like Sam. Up front, honest, strong...good female protoganist..smart too.
Donna
Jan 04, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing
I have loved all three of the books this series. There are parts that are a little silly, but the dialogue is great, Samantha and her team are funny, quirky characters, and Mitch is a great hero/love interest!!
Janie Devaul
Jul 19, 2012 Janie Devaul rated it it was amazing
Lt. Sam Spade is a women after my own heart. Slightly irreverent, and defiantly under no man's thumb officer or not. This was my 3rd book in the series. I am watching for a new one.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Jan 12, 2011 Madison Warner Fairbanks rated it it was amazing
I think this one was the best of the series although it did refer to events in prior books without a lot of explaination. But that just made it "warm and fuzzy" for me.
George Balogh
Dec 11, 2014 George Balogh rated it it was amazing
Military, gadgets, and mystery. I've enjoyed all the books in this series. Hope she does some more.
Karen Desmond
Dec 18, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Great next book in the series - one I'm definitely sticking with.
Anja
Mar 15, 2015 Anja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-ebook, c, w-az
2.5
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 23, 2016
Kays
Kays marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Concordia
Concordia rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Sharon Kurtz
Sharon Kurtz marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Jesse
Jesse rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • My Name Is Russell Fink
  • June Bug (Murder-by-Month Mystery #2)
  • The Second Angel
  • The Black Minutes
  • Chinatown Beat (A Detective Jack Yu Investigation #1)
  • Telling Lies (Laurel and Helen New York Mystery #1)
  • Revelations (Jane Perry #3)
  • Deadly Blessings (An Alex St. James Mystery #1)
  • Big Easy
  • The Risk of Infidelity Index: Vincent Calvino, an American P.I. in Bangkok
  • Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3)
  • Darkscope
  • Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine, #3)
  • Blood Rite (A Maggie Devereaux Mystery, #2)
  • Blood Country (Claire Watkins, #1)
  • Death Reins In (Horse Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Hellbender
After a 23-year AF career, Colonel Merline Lovelace launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in uniform and on her travels all around the globe.

The USA Today best-selling author now has more than 11 million copies of her books in print. Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA. Merline is especially
More about Merline Lovelace...

Samantha Spade (3 books)
  • All the Wrong Moves (Samantha Spade #1)
  • Now You See Her (Samantha Spade #2)