Start by marking “Three Little Kittens” as Want to Read:
Three Little Kittens

Three Little Kittens

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Nelly wants Grandad to tell her a story. But instead, Grandad shows her his old book of nursery rhymes, which includes the playful Three Little Kittens, and the more sinister Ring a Ring of Roses. Grandad is so wise that he even explains the true meaning of each rhyme to Nelly. But not before he has peered around the garden to make sure no one younger than five is listenin ...more
Published November 6th 2007 by Andersen Press

To ask other readers questions about Three Little Kittens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Little Kittens

Debbie Gillespie
Citation: Three Little Kittens and Other Favorite Nursery Rhymes, written and illustrated by Tony Ross (Henry Holt and Company, 2009)

1. Genre: Children’s Book/ Mother Goose
2. Summary: Three Little Kittens and Other Favorite Nursery Rhymes, written and illustrated by Tony Ross is an adorable cartoon version of the classic nursery rhymes with which everyone is familiar .
3. Critique:
a. The strength of this sweet book is the author’s ability to present the classic Mother Goose rhymes with cartoon s
Sara Lynn
1. Genre: Picture Book/Mother Goose

2. Summary: Nelly asks his grandfather to tell him a story. Although he does not know a story of his own, he shares a book a nursery rhymes with his grandson until bedtime. Read along as Nelly hears about little Jack Horner, Jack and Jill, Peter Piper, and other nursery rhyme characters.

3. Critique:
a. One of the greatest strengths of this title is the use of humor.

b. Ross utilizes humor in his illustrations for traditional mother goose and other non-traditional
Melissa
Three Little Kittens and Other Favorite Nursery Rhymes
Selections and Illustrations by: Tony Ross

Genre: Mother Goose

1. This is a wonderful collection of nursery rhymes that children and adults alike will love. I remember a lot of these rhymes from childhood but some of them were new to me. This is a great addition to any library and wonderful example of the classic nursery rhymes.

2. Critique:
A. The area for critique was hard to choose for this book. There are no chapters, no narrations by main ch
Gwen the Librarian
Tony Ross's new nursery rhyme collection is right up there with my favorites like Rosemary Wells and Richard Scarry. The illustrations are big, bold and bright. They clearly illustrate the predicament of the characters in the antiquated rhymes and will help children learn new vocabulary and help parents explain what's going on. There's also quite a bit of humor here, in characteristic style for Ross. If you're not famliar with Tony Ross, think Quentin Blake's humourous illustrations of his own a ...more
Randie
This is a fantastic collection of traditional nursery rhymes with incredible illustrations. The collection of nursery rhymes is opened and closed with brief conversations between a boy and his grandpa, it is very touching and makes the book seem cozy.
Really fun, but really long to read in one sitting. Includes most of the traditional nursery rhymes. Great to include in a classroom for reference and quick read alouds. (picture)
Amy Wheatley
Classic nursery rhymes illustrated by Tony Ross. These illustrations remind me a lot of the Quentin Blake illustrations from the Roald Dahl books.
Megan
Lots of classic nursery rhymes. I may consult this in the future for story times.
Katie
This is my favorite nursery rhyme anthology. Love the illustrations!
Mike Evershed
Mike Evershed marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jul 26, 2014
Nocot
Nocot marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Betsy Rumplik
Betsy Rumplik marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Mel Amore
Mel Amore marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Amy
Amy added it
Nov 16, 2012
Tracie
Tracie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Jose Ramirez-Rial
Jose Ramirez-Rial marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Meet the illustrator
What is your favourite animal?
A cat
What is your favourite boy’s name?
Bill
What is your favourite girl’s name?
Roxanne
What is your favourite food?
Lobster
What is your favourite music?
Irish
What is your favourite hobby?
Sailing
More about Tony Ross...
I Want My Potty! I Want My Light On! I Want Two Birthdays! Centipede's 100 Shoes I Want to Do It Myself! (Little Princess Stories)