Start by marking “Jealousy--The Sin No One Talks about: How to Overcome Envy and Live a Life of Freedom” as Want to Read:

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Jealousy. We all have to deal with it--both in ourselves and in others. Jealousy is rooted in our natural fears and insecurities. It has damaged relationships since the time of Cain and Abel, and still does today if we let it. In this wise and compassionate book, R.T. Kendall tackles, head-on, the sin that no one likes to admit to. He shows that it is only when we grasp th ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Charisma House (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jealousy--The Sin No One Talks about, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jealousy--The Sin No One Talks about

Sunflower
This was both a surprising and relieving subject to see discuss, because there is so much “little discuss” that I feel with a little bit of bravery, we must sometimes take the chance and challenge ourselves and what we think and talk about.

One of them….jealousy.

To say we are immune is denying ourselves, the truth that we are still imperfect and struggle with imperfections and sometimes those imperfections tend to manifest to the best of all struggles.

What I found really intriguing about this
Gary
R.T. Kendall has done it again. He writes in such a way that makes me go "wow, that is good". It is only after I think about it a while that I say, "Ouch, that hurt".
Deb
Aug 28, 2012 Deb rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Deb by: No one
Jealousy can not only be in love relationships, but in friendships and in familial relationships, etc. in my family of six girls, we were bred to be competitive of each other. Whether that was right or wrong I don't know. I didn't like it. I got this book to rid my life of petty jealous feelings and it has worked! I reference it sometimes, but other than that I feel much better about my relationships and I purged the unrealistic jealousy that I had. Great book.
Veronica
This book was pretty insightful. Especially around the holidays where you can see sparks of jealously flare. I thought it was nice how the author shared with us his own experiences with jealousy as well as the bible's reference with the topic. I would say this book is sort of like a guide, helping you to become a better person.
Christopher
It was a good book. I especially appreciated the author's honesty and vulnerability as he shared his own struggles with jealousy. I got several insights from the book that I'll be using in teaching, not just on the subject of jealousy, but on various subjects that he discussed in relation to his main theme.
Jill
Content is good. Read as a part of a group Bible study. Not a big fan of the author's style.
Lauren
It's a decent book but not the book to read if you are battling jealousy in a relationship
Margaret
Jun 29, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read
Recommended to Margaret by: FIRST
*Thanks to Strang Book Group for providing a copy for review through FIRST Wild Card.*
Kulpreetsingh
Kulpreetsingh marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
John Barbour
John Barbour marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Ayeshah
Ayeshah marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Joseph Ozog
Joseph Ozog marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Sukirti
Sukirti marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Diana Krampe
Diana Krampe marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Julie Reed
Julie Reed marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Cynthia Vogel
Cynthia Vogel marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Priya
Priya added it
Aug 21, 2014
Tracy
Tracy is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Ellen Hefner
Ellen Hefner marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Marlin Harrison
Marlin Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Baby Rani
Baby Rani marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Brady Anderson
Brady Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Total Forgiveness Holy Fire: A Balanced, Biblical Look at the Holy Spirit's Work in Our Lives God Meant It for Good: The Anointing: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow The Sensitivity of the Spirit