Start by marking “Beyond bizarre” as Want to Read:
Beyond bizarre

Beyond bizarre

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The sequel to the best-selling The Book of the Bizarre, Beyond Bizarre offers up scores of new freaky facts, terrifying trivia, and stranger-than-fiction stories. Arranged into 13 chilling chapters like Haunted Hollywood, Blood Red Crosses and Gross Anatomy: Hospital Horrors, Bride of Bizarre, and Tales from the Cryptids, Beyond Bizarre tackles everything from female pirat ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Weiser Books

To ask other readers questions about Beyond bizarre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond bizarre

Erica Ravenclaw
I love books like this, interesting little packets of odd knowledge and back stories that help you commit it to memory. Except this is not one of those books. There is a lot of "it's been said over the ages" or "theory suggests" and just a general lack of research. It's also not written well and I caught one too many mistakes to ignore.

photo kim-kardashian-bored_zps374271a3.gif

Oh, and the author or whomever it was that was "speaking" to me, you are completely and utterly useless, GTFO of this book, I'm here to learn not listen to yo
Becca
Nov 25, 2011 Becca rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
I love facts. I love learning them, I love reading them to people, I love just having them available. But it's pretty crappy when the facts are totally overshadowed by poor grammar, nonsensical sentences and poor research.
This book needs an editor. And if it had an editor, it needs a better editor.
L-Isabella
Not one to shy away from books about the macabre and weird, I grabbed this one with high hopes of adding to my mental library of strange and unusual. I got lucky.

Within the 13 chapters here, the covered items are ships & wrecks, creepy museums, people behaving badly, Hollywood stories, plants & insects and not to be left out, even ghost encounters.

This is a relatively small book that packs a huge punch of random facts and things that have creeped into our minds due to urban legends and e
Deb
A interesting quick read. Halloween is a good time to read this book
JoAlice
I pretty good read
Jo
A collection of facts on various subjects from true crime and killers to odd creatures. Some of the facts were more interesting than others and several of the pieces I already knew. Still, it made for a 'light' read at Christmas.
Alison
Entertaining, but I didn't like that the book was told from the point of view of the editor, so that all the facts were reported with the editor's witticisms and cheesy lines. Really cool facts in here though.
Kristopher
Got this for Christmas, and it's been my bathroom reading for awhile now. Some interesting tidbits, but unfortunately, there's never more than a paragraph or two on any subject.
Nurshafiqa
entertaining and perfect for those times when i need a quick read.

PS: someone need to proof-read this book. seriously. malaysia is NOT spelled "mylasia".
Allie
Fun little book, wish there were actual pictures of the weird but real animals/bugs/things she describes so I don't have to google them my lazy self.
Twi
intriguing a lot of fun facts and some links to interesting websites.
Sara
Sara is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2015
Bethany Nelson
Bethany Nelson marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Mary-Ann Maronski
Mary-Ann Maronski marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Emily Bledsoe
Emily Bledsoe marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Grinlait
Grinlait marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Jan 27, 2015
Moloko
Moloko marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Author of THE BOOK OF THE BIZARRE and BEYOND BIZARRE (Weiser Books). Curator of the MAGICAL CREATURES and PARANORMAL PARLOR e-book collections.
More about Varla Ventura...
Book of the bizarre Banshees, Werewolves, Vampires, and Other Creatures of the Night: Facts, Fictions, and First-Hand Accounts Among the Mermaids: Facts, Myths, and Enchantments from the Sirens of the Sea Sheroes: Bold, Brash, And Absolutely Unabashed Superwomen From Susan B. Anthony To Xena Wild Women Talk about Love