Start by marking “Beyond bizarre” as Want to Read:
Beyond bizarre

Beyond bizarre

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  112 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The sequel to the best-selling The Book of the Bizarre, Beyond Bizarre offers up scores of new freaky facts, terrifying trivia, and stranger-than-fiction stories. Arranged into 13 chilling chapters like Haunted Hollywood, Blood Red Crosses and Gross Anatomy: Hospital Horrors, Bride of Bizarre, and Tales from the Cryptids, Beyond Bizarre tackles everything from female pirat ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Weiser Books

To ask other readers questions about Beyond bizarre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond bizarre

Erica Ravenclaw
Jan 02, 2014 Erica Ravenclaw rated it it was ok
I love books like this, interesting little packets of odd knowledge and back stories that help you commit it to memory. Except this is not one of those books. There is a lot of "it's been said over the ages" or "theory suggests" and just a general lack of research. It's also not written well and I caught one too many mistakes to ignore.

photo kim-kardashian-bored_zps374271a3.gif

Oh, and the author or whomever it was that was "speaking" to me, you are completely and utterly useless, GTFO of this book, I'm here to learn not listen to yo
Becca
Nov 25, 2011 Becca rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
I love facts. I love learning them, I love reading them to people, I love just having them available. But it's pretty crappy when the facts are totally overshadowed by poor grammar, nonsensical sentences and poor research.
This book needs an editor. And if it had an editor, it needs a better editor.
L-Isabella
Aug 27, 2012 L-Isabella rated it really liked it
Not one to shy away from books about the macabre and weird, I grabbed this one with high hopes of adding to my mental library of strange and unusual. I got lucky.

Within the 13 chapters here, the covered items are ships & wrecks, creepy museums, people behaving badly, Hollywood stories, plants & insects and not to be left out, even ghost encounters.

This is a relatively small book that packs a huge punch of random facts and things that have creeped into our minds due to urban legends and e
Deb
Oct 25, 2014 Deb rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A interesting quick read. Halloween is a good time to read this book
JoAlice
Apr 10, 2015 JoAlice rated it really liked it
I pretty good read
Jo
Dec 28, 2013 Jo rated it liked it
A collection of facts on various subjects from true crime and killers to odd creatures. Some of the facts were more interesting than others and several of the pieces I already knew. Still, it made for a 'light' read at Christmas.
Alison
Jul 27, 2013 Alison rated it liked it
Entertaining, but I didn't like that the book was told from the point of view of the editor, so that all the facts were reported with the editor's witticisms and cheesy lines. Really cool facts in here though.
Kristopher
Feb 14, 2011 Kristopher rated it liked it
Got this for Christmas, and it's been my bathroom reading for awhile now. Some interesting tidbits, but unfortunately, there's never more than a paragraph or two on any subject.
Nurshafiqa
Dec 09, 2011 Nurshafiqa rated it liked it
entertaining and perfect for those times when i need a quick read.

PS: someone need to proof-read this book. seriously. malaysia is NOT spelled "mylasia".
Allie
Sep 25, 2013 Allie rated it liked it
Fun little book, wish there were actual pictures of the weird but real animals/bugs/things she describes so I don't have to google them my lazy self.
Twi
Jan 11, 2013 Twi rated it really liked it
intriguing a lot of fun facts and some links to interesting websites.
Jan 08, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Excellent
James Cooper
James Cooper is currently reading it
May 04, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Leslie Pakulski
Leslie Pakulski rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Madeline Walz
Madeline Walz marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Charity
Charity rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Haley
Haley added it
Mar 07, 2016
Sunny
Sunny is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2016
sayyid mehdi
sayyid mehdi rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Taylor
Taylor added it
Jan 31, 2016
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Skylar Escobedo
Skylar Escobedo rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Sabrina Wagganer
Sabrina Wagganer is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2016
Tammy Picon
Tammy Picon rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Carolynrogers
Carolynrogers rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • The New Book of Lists: The Original Compendium of Curious Information
  • Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History's Naughtiest Bits (Mental Floss Presents)
  • 10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse: and 100 More Dreadfully Distasteful Lists
  • The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists: A Mind-Boggling Collection of Fun, Fascinating and Bizarre Facts on Movies, Music, Sports, Crime, Celebrities, History, Trivia and More
  • Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures & Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs
  • The Encyclopedia of Useless Information
  • Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body
  • What Did We Use Before Toilet Paper?: 200 Curious Questions and Intriguing Answers
  • Crime Scene
  • Strangely Enough
  • How to Climb Mt. Blanc in a Skirt: A Handbook for the Lady Adventurer
  • A Certain "Je Ne Sais Quoi": The Origin of Foreign Words Used in English
  • A History of Weapons: Crossbows, Caltrops, Catapults & Lots of Other Things that Can Seriously Mess You Up
  • An Apple A Day (Old-Fashioned Proverbs and Why They Work)
  • The Killer Book of True Crime: Incredible Stories, Facts and Trivia from the World of Murder and Mayhem
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #1)
  • Under the Covers and between the Sheets: Facts and Trivia about the World's Greatest Books
Author of THE BOOK OF THE BIZARRE and BEYOND BIZARRE (Weiser Books). Curator of the MAGICAL CREATURES and PARANORMAL PARLOR e-book collections.
More about Varla Ventura...