Start by marking “Seven Ages of Your Dog: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Caring for Your Dog from Puppyhood to Old Age” as Want to Read:

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Do our dogs experience the equivalent of infancy and puberty? Do they go through terrible teens or struggle with mid-life crises? And what can we do to ensure they take each step in their stride? Best-selling author Jan Fennell leads us through the key stages of a dog's development by uniquely defining the seven ages of man's best friend. All owners know their dogs pass th ...more
Hardcover
Published August 1st 2005 by HarperCollins Australia

To ask other readers questions about Seven Ages of Your Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Ages of Your Dog

Karin
I like how the book is organized- by age/ stage of a dog. So you can easily find the info you are looking for. This one is strictly information, some of this info is also in 'the dog listener' but because that is also a story, you'd have to dig for it.

I'm not a dog expert, so i'm presuming the info in the book about different behaviors at different ages is correct. Time will tell if i think she is wrong.

Some of the info is repeated in different sections but because it's a reference book this is
www.tarabooks.nl www.tarabooks.nl
In dit trendsettende boek leidt Jan Fennell ons door alle cruciale leeftijdsfasen van de hond. Als eerste weet zij zeven perioden duidelijk van elkaar te onderscheiden en te benoemen, van puppy, pioneer en playboy tot gepensioneerde. Van elke fase beschrijft ze de specifieke problematiek en draagt ze vele praktische oplossingen en aanwijzingen aan.

Een betere begeleider kan de hondenbezitter zich niet wensen!

Aantal pagina's 320

Hardcover, Uitgeverij Tirion

ISBN 9789052106847

www.tarabooks.nl/product
Papalodge
Have often referred to this book as my friend ages. He is happy that I understand him - but being a rescue dog - on the streets, hungry (11 pounds) What was his history? My treasure was often unsure, but open to trust - willing to please, ready to play - (now 19 pounds) his hind left leg knee cap giving him second thoughts on racing up the stairway. often whimpering to come upstairs- sometimes stumbling and spraing his front legs - we manage.
Mortalform
Jun 17, 2012 Mortalform rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dog Owners, Dog lovers
Shelves: non-fiction
Looking at dog life stages through comparison to wolves. Presents a very good way to train your dog at all ages to fit in with it's sometimes confusing human pack; emphasizing calm, confident leadership and clear non-agressive ways to communicate these characteristics to your dog.

I've found this style of training particularly helpful for my somewhat timid rescue who has separation anxiety and occasional outbursts of aggression.
Rebecca
another great resource for dog owners. the writer offers useful insight canine behavior. also offers invaluable insight into how to address problem behavior in a way that your dog will clearly understand. Like having the dog-whisperer on your book shelf.... I use this book again and again.
Amy
very good overview of developmental stages in dogs, and behavior/training issues in each. she's definitely from the "dominance" school of thought, but not in a harsh way. helpful living with 2 adolescent dogs.
Lydia
A well-written book about dogs at different stages of life. It includes info about both the dog's behavior, etc.. as well as what we need to do.

It is a pretty comprehensive guide.
Informative.
Insightful.
Jonthan
Jonthan marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Paula Carter
Paula Carter marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Shaji
Shaji added it
Nov 16, 2013
Jude
Jude marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Clayborn
Clayborn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Susana Melo
Susana Melo marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
The Dog Listener: Learn How to Communicate with Your Dog for Willing Cooperation The Practical Dog Listener Tales from the Dog Listener: 28 Secrets to Being Your Dog's Best Friend Puppy Listener Understanding and Caring for Your New Puppy Friends For Life