Start by marking “Search Engine Optimization for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Search Engine Optimization for Dummies

Search Engine Optimization for Dummies

The handy guide for getting your site to jump to the top, now updated with the latest tips and tricks! A clear understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) is essential if you want your Web site to appear high in search results. This straightforward-but-fun guide provides you with a clear understanding of how you can use SEO as a key strategy for online marketing. Aft ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by For Dummies (first published April 14th 2004)

Reza Mardani
کتاب خوبی بود، ولی پیشنهاد من دانلود فیلم های آموزشی سایت لینداست، هم کارتون رو راه میندازه هم وقت کمتری میگیره ازتون، البته خب اینقدر عمقی و پایه ای درک نمی کنید مطلب رو
Jan 03, 2013 Isabella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!! I have this as an ebook if anyone wants it. I will send it to you, you will save alot of money. ontact me at
Mar 28, 2011 Will rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The successful “… for dummies” series of books is known the world over for the diversity of titles provided. Their recognisable covers provide reassurance and familiarity in a world of books that can seem a little daunting to the nervous.

“Search Engine Optimisation for Dummies” by Peter Kent is no exception to the rule. Recently updated into a 4th edition for 2011, the book splits the task of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) up into 23 chapters of detailed information. This allows the reader to
Jul 19, 2016 Fahim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you really suck at Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and don't even know what this title is about, please do yourself a favor, get a copy of this book, stop reading my comment and start reading this book.

Well, if you are still reading this second paragraph of my comment, then you really would like to know what this book is about. Ok, then let me put it in a few simple words for you.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a profession and a set of fabulous skills that will help you improve your w
Aug 15, 2010 Nicola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manuals, it
I recently tried to explain SEO to my sister by saying that Google was like a librarian that talks to a lot of people about what they're looking for. Not the greatest analogy, and I think Peter Kent makes a better job of simplifying SEO in this book.

Although aimed at n00bs, I think you could launch a pretty decent SEO campaign just based on Kent's advice. Nicely laid out, it's easy to skim-read, but there's interesting additional information if you're prepared to put more time into reading it. K
Dave R
Mar 31, 2008 Dave R rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking to learn Search Engine Optimization from the ground up this is the book for you. Complete with images and BIG text for those like me with an attention span not worth bragging about. Great book. Check out a website i created with the SEO tips i learned in the book -

FHA Mortgage Loan Information
Christine Jolley
Feb 12, 2012 Christine Jolley rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-scentsy
As a small business with a lot of competition....this book was an incredible godsend. very simple to understand.....have been implementing tactics for the last few weeks and my rank has jumped tremendously. thank You MrKent!
Jun 26, 2007 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend not to read too many books about technology but this one was really good for centralizing all of the links I need and telling me why I need them. Each section is short and to the point. Useful for working on projects in a short amount of time. Good reference book to keep around.
Apr 21, 2014 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: it
A good overview of key concepts, and likely to remain a good reference even as the particulars become dated.
Athena Chang
Overall, it gives a thorough introduction to SEO. However, a lot of the links and resources in the book is totally outdated. You cannot find those websites anymore.
May 03, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book about SEO! I like the format and it will be an easy book to reference in the future.
Osamuyi Okpame
Jun 07, 2015 Osamuyi Okpame rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book and wonderful tips you can pick up from it, no matter how tech savvy you think you might be.
May 16, 2011 Merissa rated it liked it
Backlinks, social search,
HTML tags explained,
Don't pay for voodoo.
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
Abhishek Jain
Abhishek Jain rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Justin rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Simon Prentice
Simon Prentice rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2008
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2012
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Geoffrey rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Alicia Howe
Alicia Howe rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Chris Lang
Chris Lang rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Adrianus Yoga
Adrianus Yoga rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2008
Debralee rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Kat rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Jon Gilge
Jon Gilge rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Cliff rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2009
James A. Frost
James A. Frost rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
Jed Singer
Jed Singer rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2009
Alyssa rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
  • Cloud Computing for Dummies
  • The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
  • Complete MBA For Dummies

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »