Start by marking “The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages” as Want to Read:

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  28 reviews
At last! The cookbook based on the bestselling The Paleo Diet Dr. Loren Cordain's The Paleo Diet has helped thousands of people lose weight, keep it off, and learn how to eat for good health by following the diet of our Paleolithic ancestors and eating the foods we were genetically designed to eat. Now this revolutionary cookbook gives you more than 150 satisfying recipes ...more
Published November 19th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Paleo Diet Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paleo Diet Cookbook

Sarah Jane
I prefer the "Primal Blueprint" diet, which allows me to eat cheese and butter. Eh.
Cecilia
One of my blog followers sent this to me as a recommendation to review. I did. It was interesting as I didn't know anything about it before. But unfortunately as I told my blog readers, I really don't cook and anything I do is by the good grace of whatever guy that is around me who does 100% of the cooking with proper recipes....

So this time, it managed to introduce the concept of Sweet potato chips to my diet for a month or so....and that was the extent of it.

Some people swears by it...but I al
Ruri Gokou
Pretty much goes over what was done in his The Paleo Diet book. It was a nice refresher but to be honest I bought the book because it's a cookbook. Being someone who can't cook well, I was disappointed to find that it didn't include ANY photos for the recipes. Would have been nice to spark interest in the recipe.
Eric Roberts
This has some really great recipes in it
Jodi
This book gives a great summary of the Paleo diet that could be very useful for patients that are very ill and cannot read very much.

The author's website contains interesting info about why eggs, capsicum, eggplant and tomatoes should also be avoided. It'd be great if this info had been in the book.

I disagree with the authors very-low salt stance and would advise them to read about unrefined sea salt and the work of Dr Brownstein on the many myths about salt and low-salt diet scaremongering (and
Martha Smith
This book is both an educational text as well as a cookbook. I enjoyed reading the book. The principles in the book have reversed a lot of my health problems. It was well researched. the only downside is there were not a lot of photographs.
Micki
I felt like this book was a bit dated and didn't follow a lot of the currently espoused "Paleo" principles. Plus, not a lot of recipes grabbed my attention.
Diane S.
As of right now I have one daughter who is Vegan, one who is vegetarian and a son who has decided to follow this diet. The book is great at laying out exactly what the benefits are of this diet, the recipes are fairly easy, and I have made a few and there is one smoothie I absolutely love. That said I could more easily be vegetarian, because in this diet one has to give up potatoes and grains, vegans cannot eat cheese, so it would be easier to just give up the meat. Just saying.
Angie
By far the best paleo cookbook I've seen. I am not following the author word for word as there are some things I just can't eat and others that I refuse to eat but there were a lot of recipes in here I'm planning to try. They are very basic though so may not appeal to many and I won't be using flaxseed oil or red wine or.. Quite a few things. BUT I think it was well done.
Jana
No pictures in the book which makes the recipes seem bland before you even start reading.
Uses so many ingredients that are not readily available in Australia.. especially some of the meats... I don't think I will be having Bison for breakfast thanks.

DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Soozie Bea
Good - except I struggle with FODMAP and other autoimmune problems - which cut me out of most paleo books.

If you find the same: The Paleo Approach, Reverse your autoimmune disease, heal your body by PaleoMom, Sarah Ballantyne I found to hold the keys for my healing!
Valerie Kraus
Own several Paleo books, this one lays out the plan & reasons behind it-but as a cookbook it would be much better with photos. It's hard to get excited about cooking something when there are no photos to inspire you.
Elaine Mcdonald
It's a cookbook. I think it should have pictures! Looking for some easy Paleo recipes and I know she is supposed to be good. It is just easier to find recipes online.
Crystal
This was a good reference, gave some good ideas but the lack of color photographs (literally NONE) really let me down, it's a cookbook, I'm looking for some mouth watering images to get me wanting to cook!
AdultNonFiction Teton County Library
TCL Call#: 641.5635 CORDAIN L

Madeleine - 1 star
A cookbook with zero pictures = 1 star
I skimmed through the recipes and they seemed rather uninspired as well. I already know to put salsa on salmon.
Victoria
An interesting philosophy about food. Certainly makes a lot of sense and I'm willing to give it a try.
Watch this Paleo intro video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFZoq...
Devon
Obvious advice (don't eat processed foods!) paired with dubious historical claims and some icky looking recipes. (Some did look okay and I will try them - thus the two stars.)
Cinda
Nov 13, 2012 Cinda rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: paleo
More strick that other books I've read on the Paleo diet. The doctor recommended the diet for our son and we only found a handful of recipes that we might try.
Mandy
Good recipe book but could have been better if there are beautiful photos for each recipe that would tempt me to try them.
Audrey Coleman
Mar 11, 2014 Audrey Coleman rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: My worst enemies
Shelves: cookbooks, paleo
I tried two recipes, both flops. I think that Dr. Cordain should stick to Exercise Science - he's definitely no cook.
Corinne
Nice summary of all I learned in The Paleo Diet book. And tons of recipes. It's a keeper for now.
Kyla Channell
LOVE this book, great starting ground for anyone new to Paleo.
Katie
Jun 13, 2012 Katie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Excited to try some of these recipes out! Yummy.
Ok but I wasn't wowed.
Kristie
great simple recipes
Carrie Underwood
Oct 09, 2012 Carrie Underwood marked it as to-read
still hard, but well writen
Velvetink
Jan 22, 2013 Velvetink marked it as to-read
have ebook version
  • The Primal Blueprint Cookbook
  • Everyday Paleo
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion
  • 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life
  • 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
  • The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
  • Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple
  • The Protein Power Lifeplan
  • Conscious Eating
  • The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More
  • The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
  • Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids
Loren Cordain, PhD, is one of the world's leading experts and researchers in the area of evolutionary medicine. He is on the faculty of Colorado State University and the author of The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet for Athletes. He has been featured on Dateline NBC, in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and other media."
More about Loren Cordain...
The Paleo Diet: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Food You Were Designed to Eat The Paleo Diet for Athletes: A Nutritional Formula for Peak Athletic Performance The Paleo Diet Revised: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Foods You Were Designed to Eat The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young The Paleo Diet for Athletes: The Ancient Nutritional Formula for Peak Athletic Performance (Revised & Updated Edition)