Start by marking “Blast from the Past (Friends to Lovers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blast from the Past (Friends to Lovers, #2)

Blast from the Past (Friends to Lovers #2)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  500 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Laid off from his dream job and broke, Bailey Hall goes back home with his tail between his legs and a severely bruised ego. It doesn't help matters that the only work he can find is at his older sister's day care. Now, instead of spending the day teaching high school students Shakespeare and Keats, he's wiping snotty noses and tripping on building blocks. Then one rainy a ...more
Published July 1st 2010 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Blast from the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blast from the Past

Ami
Jul 04, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Twenty-four years old Bailey Hall is forced to work in a day care where his sister is the director, after being laid off from his job as a teacher. However, his luck turns for the better when he meets up again with his high-school crush, David Walker. Why? Because it seems that David takes an interest in him too.

It's a sweet, sweet story about high school crush. It's uncomplicated and conflict free. I love the fact that Ms. Hecht adds some flashback scenes when the guys were still in high schoo
ElaineY
Jul 07, 2010 ElaineY rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
3.5 stars, I guess. Not four as it wasn't long enough to develop the relationship and put more meat in the story. BFtP is a quick, angst-free read and just what I needed during my "commercial break" in Special Forces.

I was expecting a little more angst between Bailey and David but instead, their hooking up, some ten years after high school, is relatively smooth. 'Relative' because while there are some fears on Bailey's part that his attraction is not mutual, this gets washed away on their very f
Serena Yates
Oct 22, 2010 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a short, fun read about two men who secretly adored each other back in high school. Reunited nine years later, they finally give in to their attraction. While the plot is simple, the characters of shy scholarly Bailey and hotshot lawyer David really made it come alive and left me smiling.
Ter
Jul 01, 2010 Ter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this story. High school crushes finding each other years later and falling in love. We get to see some of what they were like back in school when each are thinking back to then. The flash backs (or thoughts) aren't a lot and done in a really good way, that you aren't wondering if you are in the now or past etc.
If you are looking for a nice lite romance read with a HEA this one is for you.
Great job Stephani!!
Alina
Apr 02, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for the stories about the groups of gay friends, so I'm thoroughly enjoying this series )) The second one too is more Cinderella-type, which I don't mind at all and I also liked how well-placed flashbecks from their school days were.
Good book!
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
just cute and happy the way i like them
Tara
Nov 03, 2014 Tara rated it liked it
Bailey was just recently laid off from his job as a high school english teacher because of budget cuts, so he's working for his sister her day care. Things are just not going his way. Then David, his high school crush come in to pick up his nephew from day care and they bump into each other after 9 years. This might just be their second chance.

The sentiment of this story was sweet, but the writing seemed juvenile. Everything was a little doe-eyed for my taste. David and Bailey are each nursing 9
Jenn
Hmmm, this wasn't fantastic or the next great novel, but it was sweet and fun. If you go into it with the right mindset, you should enjoy. Nothing angsty at all. Its probably waffling between a 3 and a 4 for me, but since I can't think of anything I hated, I'll give it a 4.
Ace
Oct 21, 2011 Ace rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
This book seems to happen within the course of the day for the two main characters. The sex isn't hot at all and is actually pretty short. Overall this book would be a great to read if you're bored.
Chris
Oct 05, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, owned, ebook
Good m/m romance about a teacher who was laid off and is now working at a daycare center, where he runs into the guy he had a huge crush on in high school.
Tam
Jul 17, 2010 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Teacher Bailey got laid off and is forced to work in his sister’s daycare to make ends meet. One day he runs into his old high school crush David who’s picking up his nephew. David is a rich lawyer and was a senior when Bailey was a freshman. They have a small conversation and Bailey feels as much like a loser as ever around David. Thanks to the machinations of their mothers, they meet up again and they finally admit their attraction back in the day and David explains to a hurt Bailey why he nev ...more
Janean
Read as part of of my July Category Challenge. I am a fan of sweet romance especially when friends turn into lovers. David and Bailey make a cute couple - David all strong and self assured and Bailey all shy and insecure. Put them together and the temperature rises and Bailey loses all his shyness and things get very steamy. I loved how the mom's (even though they never make an appearance) unknowingly jump started the renewal of this romance that got stalled in high school! Cute short read.
Candice
Dec 18, 2013 Candice rated it really liked it
Read on 12-18-13

This was sweet. Although, I thought the flashbacks were a bit much. Not necessarily too many of them, just too much info in them.

I really liked David and Bailey though :) (view spoiler)

I did like how David was still friends with his HS buddies!
Phaney
Mar 17, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Needs two-and-a-half stars. Better than some others I've read by this author but still shy of making me unreservedly like it. I'll go with three this time.

It's fluff. Not too awful fluff at that, if you only want something light and quick to snack on during an hour or two and if you can ignore the abysmal copy-editing. (That last bit goes for all of this author's books, anyway.)
Shannon
Apr 15, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
I know what I'm getting when I pick up one of these books so while it might not compare with my other 3 star reads, it doesn't seem fair to lower a rating when I'm reading it for the fluff factor. And that's exactly what it was. "I've always had a big crush on you and I'll love you forever", you know, entertaining stuffs!
Tame
Mar 05, 2012 Tame rated it liked it
Natalija
Nov 13, 2012 Natalija rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Overall, definitely worth the read, although, IMHO, there were too many flashbacks for such a short story. This is my second book by Ms. Hecht, and I am not disappointed. I'll definitely be checking out her other books.
Raevyn
Apr 09, 2012 Raevyn rated it really liked it

The story was good but rushed. It could have been so much longer. My rating is also lower because of the editing... lots of misspellings, missing words, added words.
Cherie Noel
Nov 09, 2010 Cherie Noel rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read...like every Stephani Hecht I've ever read, a damn good read, worth every cent I spent on it and then some.
Kaseka
Sep 29, 2010 Kaseka rated it liked it
Cute premise. The story had some cliche, and the flashback transitions were clunky, but overall this was a good read.
Denise
Mar 23, 2011 Denise rated it liked it
Shelves: 6-dec-2010-2011
This was a cute story, but I found in kind of cheesy in parts. Plus, there were some errors that made it distracting.
Trisha
Apr 25, 2011 Trisha rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed these two finding each other. And the conspiracy between the mothers was great!
Nik
Mar 20, 2012 Nik rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, sweet, short
A typical Hecht book. Predictable and warp speed but, a sweet bit of fluff.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Short ,ultra sweet and light and fluffy! Just what I wanted today!
Jacq
Jul 27, 2014 Jacq rated it liked it
A cute snack of a story, with HEA with a small bow!
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook
I just wish her books were longer!
Alana
Feb 22, 2011 Alana rated it really liked it
A good read but almost too short.
Signe-anita
May 29, 2013 Signe-anita rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
A sweet and enjoyable story.
D
Mar 26, 2011 D rated it liked it
Sweet, but too short.
Janna
Apr 28, 2012 Janna rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
  • Be The Air For You
  • Freeze Frame (Faerily Imperfect, #3)
  • Dancing With The Tide (Have Body, Will Guard, #2)
  • Pool Hall Green
  • Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)
  • Sammy Dane (Sammy & Friends, #2)
  • Saying I Do (Quinn Security, #3)
  • Texas Hold 'Em (Poker Night #1)
  • Dreams Come True
  • Tall, Mean & Darkly (Tall, Mean & Darkly #1)
  • Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1)
  • Ice Cream on the Side
  • Into the Light (Clear Water Creek Chronicles, #1)
  • Luke (Sylvan, #2)
  • To the Highest Bidder
  • Fugly (connected by Jackson Spey #9)
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

Friends to Lovers (5 books)
  • Out of Balance (Friends to Lovers, #1)
  • Snapshots and Bylines (Friends to Lovers, #3)
  • Little Brat Lost (Friends to Lovers #4)
  • Pretty Little Words in a Bottle (Friends to Lovers, #5)