Just Like Old Times

Just Like Old Times

1.91 of 5 stars 1.91  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Blush: This is a suggestive romance (love scenes are not graphic)

A scruffy peasant is picked up by French troops and brought to an officer during the Napoleonic Wars. A secret mission—and a woman’s life—are endangered.

A year or so later two men meet at a London club, where secrets are revealed.

Blush: This is a suggestive romance (love scenes are not graphic)

A scruffy pea

Published August 31st 2009 by Ellora's Cave

Yvette
I like seeing a story set in the WWI era. In fact, I wish to see more of them.

However, I wasn't sure if there was more to this story or not. As it stands, it needs a bit more fleshing out - if indeed it's a stand-alone story. If not, I'm not quite sure what the rest of the story holds for the reader.

Cathiecaffey
I'm finding these short reads a great way to introduce me to authors I haven't read yet like Hetty St. James. Her writing voice appealed to me along with the story. As Cerridwen writes all genres, not just romance it was great reading this historical setting and looking forward to reading more of hers.
Martha
A short vignette about two soldiers behind lines in France during one of the many wars between France & England.

Kindle Edition.
Becky
It was like 5 pages long. I just didn't like it. Not enough time to tell any story or character development.
Judithe
Sep 04, 2011 Judithe marked it as tbr-on-hand
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 84 KB
Karol Patras
very good read, couldnt put it down!!!
Theresa Geitner
Theresa Geitner marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Tracy Piccolo
Tracy Piccolo marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Stacy
Stacy added it
Dec 19, 2013
Renee Martino
Renee Martino marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2013
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Having the books of Georgette Heyer and Agatha Christie as companions while growing up in the midwestern U.S., it's hardly to be wondered at that Hetty St. James would become a devoted Anglophile. When she decided to write a book, of course it was a Regency novel that emerged. Several others followed, although not all of them to the completed stage. Thanks to Cotillion, however, they soon will all...more
More about Hetty St. James...
Bertie's Golden Treasure Wagered Kiss An Improbable Duke A Castle Cramlye Christmas Pongo Guthridge Finds Love