Start by marking “Life, Will It Take Me Under!” as Want to Read:
Life, Will It Take Me Under!

Life, Will It Take Me Under!

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Being the eldest of three children, Kim assumed several responsibilities after her father’s death without any complaints. However, problems started to plague the family when Myra entered the picture. The daughter of the family’s house tenant, Myra was into drinking and cutting classes. It was not long before the Washington’s realized that Myra was a bad influence on Kim.
I
Paperback, Revised Edition, 209 pages
Published April 26th 2010 by Lu Lu.com (first published April 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Life, Will It Take Me Under!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life, Will It Take Me Under!

Kenya Cagle
This book had me from the start. When I read the first sentence and realized the location was Brooklyn and Gates Avenue of all places, I knew I was in for a good read because I know Brooklyn and I know Gates Ave. This is the story of Kim, a good girl that turns bad. The story is clearly written and moves at a gentle pace as we watch the effects of the wrong influences enter into an angelic household. The story is told from the narrative of the little sister Jade. You can feel the love as she gui ...more
Joan Sample
Jun 27, 2010 Joan Sample rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Great read inspiring, true to life.
Bookangels12
Read and Reviewed by Snow White

This book gives you an inside look to what happens when you get in with the wrong group of friends. Sadly this happens to many people. I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to people as it was a great read and makes you think about that life style.

5 stars all the way

A+

BOOKANGELS12 WAS GIVEN A COPY TO READ AND REVIEW IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.
Dominique
This was a good book! Joan Sample gives a book that touches the lives of many. It is reality. Some things we don’t see upfront. The story goes through the life of a woman who is overcome by the things of the world. She is heavily influenced by friends and others and her life turns upside down.

Joan brings a hearfelt story. This book is a must read for young girls; a wake up call for our generation and the generations to come. Great read!

Purchase the book today! http://stores.lulu.com/JoansPlace

Ann Prime
Life Will It Take Me Under is a beautiful tale of struggle and triumph. Joan L. Sample writes a heart-wrenching Novel that takes you on a journey with her main character Kimberly Washington. Kimberly has her life thrown to the wind and where she falls only the reader will know. I enjoyed the read and want to see more from this Author.
Ann Prime
A beautiful tale of struggle and triumph. Joan L. Sample writes a heart-wrenching Novel that takes you on a journey with her main character Kimberly Washington. Kimberly has her life thrown to the wind and where she falls only the reader will know.
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2011
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2011
Joan Sample
Sep 30, 2010 Joan Sample added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Savings. Savings! 2 1 Aug 10, 2014 05:09PM
Free for download 1 1 Jun 09, 2014 08:06AM
Joan L Sample was born in Memphis Tennessee, and grew up in New York. Joan's first novel, Life, Will It Take Me Under? A novel that was inspired by an HBO special of runaway's living on the streets. It is a novel of hope and second chances.

Joan just finished her second novel, titled 'Malevolence Thy Name is Karen' which was released March 19, 2014 from LazyDay Publishing. This novel takes readers
More about Joan L. Sample...
Malevolence Thy Name Is Karen