Start by marking “The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary: How Greg Heffley Went Hollywood” as Want to Read:
The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary: How Greg Heffley Went Hollywood

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary: How Greg Heffley Went Hollywood (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  15,703 Ratings  ·  386 Reviews
The first "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie opened on March 19, 2010, and earned over $75 million worldwide, making it one of the most successful films of the year. With "The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary," author Jeff Kinney shared his Hollywood experience on the set and explained to readers how a major motion picture gets made. That was just the beginning of the story. Now, in this r ...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Puffin (first published January 1st 2010)

Chandler L
Apr 19, 2011 Chandler L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
There are some characters in my story like some of my friends and family like Manny. Manny is Greg’s annoying little brother. Payton is the same way. Payton is annoying, cranky, stubborn, grouchy, selfish, and gets everything he wants. He gets all of the attention and I get none. Rowley is kind of like Keenan in some ways but not a lot. Rowley is funny, energetic, very weird, and don’t forget girly. Keenan is funny, energetic, weird, funny to watch, and does mentally insane things and tricks tha ...more
Mahsa_Kh
Nov 12, 2015 Mahsa_Kh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had been told that this book isn't worth reading at all, but then I thought I'm gonna keep all the books of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", so why not give it a shot??
Then I started reading it and can't say how much I enjoyed this book!! Since I'm a big fan and I've watched all its movies, it was really interesting to know what happened behind the scenes!
You know, how they choose actors, how they put the scenes together and other cool stuff that I didn't even know!
And I thought wow!! Writing a book
Mary Ann
Mar 19, 2010 Mary Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 6th, 3rd, humor, 4th, boys, 5th, nonfiction
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid is one of the most popular books at our school library, and it's no surprise that many kids are excited about the upcoming movie opening March 19th. The kids are lining up to borrow a new book: The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary.

This movie-tie in goes beyond the simple repackaging, and is a fresh look at what it's like to make a movie. Starting with "A Wimp Is Born", Kinney tells the story of how this story and movie came to be. You'll see photographs, script pages, storyboard sk
Erick Lopez
Oct 09, 2014 Erick Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot because it was about the movies instead of the story line. I found it interesting because I didn't know how Greg got popular enough to be in motion pictures. I recommend this to everyone. Trust me it will all make sense once you read it.
Gary Butler
Jan 29, 2015 Gary Butler rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: film
10th book read in 2015.

Number 368 out of 438 on my all time book list.

Follow the link below to see my video review:

Evankoberg
Mar 20, 2014 Evankoberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was filled with information. It is about making a thought into a book and then into a movie first they talk about casting and then they keep telling the audience about all of the steps to making the movie. It also informs us about the life's of the actors outside the movie and how they have a connection with the character. It also tells you how they made the characters that were pretty much stick figures into real people. I think that this book is for anyone who is a fan ...more
Randall
Jan 19, 2015 Randall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like to find out where stuff comes from this book if for you.In the book it talks about behind the scene stuff.Like how they went about picking the right characters for the roles.Even how they put scenes together.I liked how they explained what they did in the movie.If you want to be a director I recommend this book to you.This book has also 10 others in the series,
Ismael
Apr 15, 2015 Ismael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
understand it very well.
Yanelie Manzano
Oct 02, 2015 Yanelie Manzano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book because it talks about how they did the movie.This book is very interesting. I recommend this book to my classmates.
IsaacY 
I expected it to be a real story instead of all of the actors in it.
Greta is Erikasbuddy
This was one neat-o book!! I adored it and if your kid is a fan of the Wimpy Kid diaries then I guarantee you they will also get a kick at the behind-the scenes info.

My son is really into the Wimpy Kid books. I think he was either in 3rd or 4th grade when he started reading them (5 or 4 years ago). One day he brought home a book that wasn't his nor was it a library book. It was the first Wimpy Kid book and his teacher let him bring it home to read over the weekend. I can't tell you how many time
Natalia S.
Nov 11, 2014 Natalia S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've seen both of the diary of a wimpy kid movies and I've never noticed any of the animated things they used for
The movie. This book showed me a lot of stuff they've done In the movie. If you wanna know about the props they used in the movie I recommend this book. I've always wondered how they got those actors for the movie and this book gave me the answers. I kinda wanna be a background person now because you get payed. I also never knew that background people had to wait a long time.. If you
Alayzah Lain
Oct 19, 2016 Alayzah Lain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book is called the wimpy kid movie diary. The author is Jeff Kinney. This book was about how they got the diary of a wimpy kid book into a movie. They also tell you who is playing in the movie and who is playing in the heffley family. I gave this book a five star because it is a very good book. It tells you a lot about what happened in the book by detail.i would recommend this book because they do the stuff that kids do in school and it could remind you how your child hood is.
Dylan
Greg heffly aslo know as zack Gordon was introduced to be the main person for a movie. This book talks about how the book and movie we both made and how they moved it from 2-D to 3-D. My favorite part was when they show the proses of making the movie. Will they be successful in creating the movie. I would recommend this book to anybody that likes humor and who like to se the process of things.
Kenneth Marquez
Oct 20, 2015 Kenneth Marquez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it showed you how its not easy to make a movie and lets you have second thoughts about becoming an actress.I also recommend this book to every single person who would want to become an actor or a t.v star.
Ravi Gangwani
Dec 25, 2015 Ravi Gangwani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't seen the movie but after reading this book I'll go watch it now.
Wimpy kid has always remain for me returning of my childhood.
What I liked about this book how much film-makers take while detailing a movie.
Sinan
Jan 24, 2011 Sinan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd to 5th graders
Recommended to Sinan by: ?????
This book was funny and very informational about the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. I cant believe it took this much time to plan the movie. I havent seen the movie yet but I bet its AWESOME! I recommend this book to 2nd to 5th graders if you love the movie!
Mya
Mar 13, 2015 Mya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok I wouldn't reread though
Alondra Rodriguez
Feb 26, 2016 Alondra Rodriguez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is about how they decided to pick the actors of the movie and how long it toke to make the movie and the actors life. I like the book a little bit but like there was some parts that don't fit in the book like there was 7 pages about pictures I wish they talked more about the movie than just pictures. I recommend this book to a 5 grader because I think they like a book that is funny and talks about how they got to so many places for the movie
Amieer Ayyad
Jan 15, 2016 Amieer Ayyad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is about the diary of a wimpy kid behind the scenes and it tells you how it started in the first place.I like this book because it's interesting and funny. I would recommend this book to my cousin because I think he likes it.
Jesus Madrigal
Oct 02, 2014 Jesus Madrigal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I know what's the life of an actor. Just so you know, this isn't a real Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, it's just what happened behind the scenes of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. I liked this behind the scenes book. It was informational.
Madeleine Gamboa
I think this book is a good book because it is about a boy that is in middle school.He likes to write in his diary which is the book.Their is a girl that he likes and he talks about her in his diary.
Joseph
Sep 17, 2011 Joseph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome. It told you about how they made the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie and it gives you sneak peeks.
Ellie
Dec 14, 2012 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good. Normally I stay away from the movie-diary stuff, but this had drawings done by the author, not just movie stills.
Linnae
3.5 stars: Entertaining behind-the-scenes look at the popular movie, with photos and Kinney's signature illustrations.

If you've got a 3rd grader in your house, there's a good chance you already know all about The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. My son has probably read them all at least 3 times.

Although we have yet to see the movie, when he happened upon The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary at the library, he snatched it right up. Then I picked it up, too. It was hard not to! It was a fun, quick read.

Kinney
Eddie Rangel
Dec 15, 2016 Eddie Rangel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diary of a wimpy kid movie diary was a pretty cool book it showed how Greg and all of his family played in the movie. It also shows how it was like behind the scenes and what they had to go through to get everyone there . It also showed how. Greg got the part for that play Greg. In the book it also tells you what the difficulties of shooting the movie was. It also told you how Rowley caught his spot in the movie first Greg and Rowley how to be friends then they can shoot. I say this book is for ...more
Josiah
May 21, 2011 Josiah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is actually very good as a non-fiction look at the contemporary process of making movies. Juvenile non-fiction tends to have little popularity among its purported target audience, but The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary moves quickly and is funny at all times, while giving an excellent in-depth look at the process of transferring a bestselling novel from the page to the silver screen. It's a process that most kids aren't going to know a lot about, and even those of us who are reasonably well-ve ...more
Josue
Mar 10, 2017 Josue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about of how they made the movie the wimpy kid movie diary. Then rowley and greg was in the backstage and how they now each other because they was born in different place. But greg was uncounterable because greg did not know because he was a stranger. And rowley did not care because he was his friend when they started the movie they was super best friend.
Kaden
Mar 13, 2017 Kaden rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Kinda boring
  • Big Nate Strikes Again (Big Nate Novels, #2)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)
  • The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future
  • Ellie McDoodle: New Kid in School
  • Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty
  • Fartiste
  • Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1)
  • M Is for Mama's Boy (NERDS, #2)
  • Over My Dead Body (43 Old Cemetery Road, #2)
  • It's Not My Fault I Know Everything (Dear Dumb Diary #8)
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.
More about Jeff Kinney...

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)

“澳洲毕业证澳洲学历文凭原版制作Q/微981497266办理Melbourne毕业证墨尔本大学毕业证成绩单真实学历学位认证The University of Melbourne
澳洲毕业证澳洲学历文凭原版制作Q/微981497266办理Melbourne毕业证墨尔本大学毕业证成绩单真实学历学位认证The University of Melbourne”
0 likes
“澳洲毕业证澳洲学历文凭原版制作Q/微981497266办理Flinders毕业证佛林德斯大学毕业证成绩单真实学历学位认证Flinders University
澳洲毕业证澳洲学历文凭原版制作Q/微981497266办理Flinders毕业证佛林德斯大学毕业证成绩单真实学历学位认证Flinders University
澳洲毕业证澳洲学历文凭原版制作Q/微981497266办理Flinders毕业证佛林德斯大学毕业证成绩单真实学历学位认证Flinders University”
0 likes