Start by marking “Whirlpool (Forces of Nature, #2)” as Want to Read:
Whirlpool (Forces of Nature, #2)

Whirlpool (Forces of Nature #2)

This version of the book is Out Of Print. New version released August 2016.
The story/content remains the same.

----

Soft shoulders and dangerous curves

Forces of Nature, Book 2

Braden can t deny he s always wanted Chelsea, but getting involved wouldn t be fair. She has college and big dreams ahead of her he has no desire to leave Jaffrey s Cove. Plus, there s the fact merfolk
Published August 10th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Whirlpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whirlpool

Larissa
Jul 22, 2010 Larissa rated it it was amazing
After describing Tidal Wave as HOT, I feel I need more words to describe Whirlpool, since hot is not enough. How about smoldering, sizzling, on fire HOT? That’s more like it. I have loved Vivian Arend’s style for a while now and Granite Lake Wolves series is one of my favorite sexy paranormal reads.

However, her Forces of Nature series takes it all to a whole new level. Vivian explore three-way relationships in this series and she does a great job at it. I’m not talking about a one-time, fantasy
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Another super HOT story about the merfolk. Chelsea and Braden have danced around each other for years. Add in a geeky anthropologist from the museum and this threesome gets down and dirty quickly.

The first book set up the premise of life in the "pod". This one wasn't as informative but just as steamy as the first. Not sure where the author will go next, but it should be interesting. Keep your water bottle close at hand for this series!
MaggieReadsRom
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Year of release: 2010, August 10
Format: eBook
Source: Received for ARC-review from the author
First line: A shot of lust hit him hard as he looked into the brightest blue eyes he’d ever seen.
Memorable Scenes:
- Opening scene of the book > It started with a bang and never let up
- Jamie's solo sexy times scenes > Can I say HOT?
- Chelsea and Braden's first ti
Lillie
Review:
Braden and Chelsea share a hunger for each other. Chelsea's always wanted him, but her plans for the future are looming, and she knows that she will be leaving Jaffrey's Cove for college. Only those plans have come to an abrupt halt, and Chelsea might be staying right where she is. What better time to express her feelings for the handsome sheriff?

Though Braden would like to be with Chelsea, he knows that her hormones - her merfolk hormones - are in full swing. And, sometimes, one man isn
Habrewer
Dec 02, 2010 Habrewer rated it really liked it
Whirlpool is the second book in the Forces of Nature series that centers around the small town of Jaffrey's Cove. In the second installment things have heated up for the sheriff on both a personal and professional level. Strange incidents are occurring all over the cove that require his attention along with his duties as acting leader of the pod.

Alexia has hired Jamie to catalog all of the collectibles sitting around her house. He shows up while she is gone and is instantly attracted to Chelsea.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Genre Erotic Paranormal Romance

MC1 Chelsea ?
MC2 Braden Marley
MC3 Jamie Powell

Storyline
Jamie comes to Jaffrey's Cove to catalog Alexia's collection of marine objects that's been accumulated by her grandmother & various other relatives. Chelsea has been staying at Alexia's to housesit while she's away for her honeymoon.

Chelsea has been wanting Braden forever, but Braden hasn't been wanting to leave Jaffrey's Cove, nor has he wanted to keep Chelsea from her dreams. But he doesn't know her dream
Nicole
Jul 18, 2010 Nicole rated it liked it
Vivian Arend continues the Forces of Nature series with the second installment featuring Chelsea, Braden and Jamie. Now, I totally love all things shifters, and Arend does not disappoint with her merfolk shifter series. Ever since watching The Little Mermaid as a kid, I desperately wanted to be Ariel, and if the mermen are anything like Arend’s merfolk, then that desire just increased tenfold!

Chelsea is house-sitting for Alexia, and has been tasked to help go through the old house and catalogue
JP
Mar 17, 2013 JP rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the second book in the Forces of Nature series and it was ooookaaaaaay! That seems to be a really bad comment from me, but it didn't drew me as much as the first book, and it left a lot of questions open, as well as most of the romance behind. I like my books a little more balanced. It was basically about unrequited feelings and how Chelsea was pining after Braden. Poor Jamie was just in the mix. I was reading this story until the end and still hoping to see a little more emotional grow ...more
Brittany
May 05, 2013 Brittany rated it did not like it
Shelves: menage
Okay, where do I begin? This book was not what I was expecting. I have read a ton of ménage books and usually I can choose well were there is one woman and more than one guy. In those that I have read the men have nothing to do with each other they only focus on the girl which is okay. This book however was a relationship with all three with men on men. I did not realize this until I had already gotten into the book. I was so not happy I do not like to read about men on men just NO!! Therefore, ...more
Darcy
May 29, 2012 Darcy rated it really liked it
This was a fun one to read, mostly because Chelsea was so bubbly. I hate to describe someone like that, but it really fits her. I love how she goes after Braden, even gets Jaime to help her. I also love that Jaime does this even with his attraction to Chelsea. I also really liked how both Braden and Jaime started to develop feelings for each other and didn't run away from those feelings even though they never really have had a relationship with another man. I loved seeing Alexia, Joshua, and Ant ...more
JoAnne
Really cute story featuring merfolk. Jamie goes to Jaffrey's Cove to catalog a private collection. He meets Chelsea and is attracted to her right away. But Braden has other ideas. Chelsea is house sitting for the owners of the collection and Jamie hires her to be his assistant. Through an overbooking situation at the hotel, Jamie loses his reservation. Braden lets him stay at his condo.
Chelsea is upset with Braden because she wants him but he pushes her away. Jamie decides to help Chelsea get h
Summer
Dec 28, 2010 Summer rated it it was amazing

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Jennifer Mathis
Aug 02, 2010 Jennifer Mathis rated it it was amazing
A hot read right out the gate. The characters drew me in and was very believeable. I haven't read alot of Merfolk books so to me this was a breath of fresh air in the paranormal romance. A happy up-beat story that made me laugh and left me with a warm, fuzzy, feel-good feeling. Well told!!!
Janie Brigance
Aug 14, 2012 Janie Brigance rated it it was amazing
AWESOME. LOVE IT.HOT,HOT! !!!!
Diane Dannenfeldt
Jul 27, 2014 Diane Dannenfeldt rated it it was amazing
Another really good light read w/a lot of sex :D Another one that I read in one sitting.
Cait
Mar 22, 2016 Cait rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was okay, but I like her wolves and bears shifter series WAY better.
Coyora Dokusho
Jan 16, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it it was ok
short short short
barely any plot
there were some sweet parts though!
Martha
Jan 29, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish
Nook.
Consuelo
Consuelo rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Tabitha Conall
Tabitha Conall rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2011
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2011
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2011
Helen Dalgarno
Helen Dalgarno rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Ashleygibson
Ashleygibson rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Diane T.
Diane T. rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2012
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Lost Locket (PowerUp! #1)
  • The Last Detail
  • Undertow (Building Sanctuary, #2)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Tempt Me
  • Glimmer (Nina Decker #1)
  • Take the Shot
  • Double Dare (The Dare Menage Series, #1)
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Raven's Kiss (Raven Grace, #1)
  • Two In Hand (Two #1)
  • Captivated (Federation Chronicles, #4; Phantom Corps, #3)
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the best job in the world, an
More about Vivian Arend...

Forces of Nature (2 books)
  • Tidal Wave (Forces of Nature Book 1)