Start by marking “Baymore's Heir (In the Company of Men, #3)” as Want to Read:
Baymore's Heir (In the Company of Men, #3)

Baymore's Heir (In the Company of Men #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Series: In the Company of Men; Previous Book: Jackson's Pride
Genre: LGBT Historical

Jackson and Will have the perfect life. Baymore is thriving, and no one knows of their love. During a visit to Will's family home, their lives begin to unravel. Duke Holcomb discovers that Will and Jackson are lovers and are told never to return.

All Will has left is Jackson.

But Jackson's pri
Published (first published January 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Baymore's Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baymore's Heir

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 28, 2013 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to JustJen "Miss Conduct" by: Bubz
Shelves: mm, ebook

I'm glad I've been reading these without paying any real attention to the covers, because that it totally not how I see Will and Jackson. These guys are totally in love, have sworn to each other (and at each other at times) and are making a go of things getting Baymore back on its feet after the sudden departure of Hugh the Horrible. Nothing is ever easy of course, and they hit some major bumps in the road. A few new characters are introduced, and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter o
Serena Yates
I loved this third book in the series as much as the first two. Jackson is being his prideful stubborn self and gets them into trouble, while Will has to figure out a way to save them.

The depth of emotions between Jackson and Will was wonderful. The cast of secondary characters gets stronger with every book. I loved the solution for the basic problem (how does a gay couple get an heir). I think this is a great book all round.
Kathy
Feb 02, 2010 Kathy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical m/m romance and of Lynn Lorenz
Lynn Lorenz once again shows just why she is one of my favourite authors. And even though this is the third book in the series, and the first that I've read, it works as a standalone book. Of course I'm sure that it will be fantastic once I read The Mercenary's Tale and Jackson's Pride , both of which are high on my TBR... very high.

Lynn Lorenz is a master when it comes to bringing her characters to life and to engaging us to the point where we become emotionally connected with them and with wh
Elisa Rolle
I arrived late to read this third instalment In the Company of Men series but I already knew it was a mistake, a mistake since this is exactly the romance I like. It’s an historical romance, with enough realistic touch to not be “fantasy”, but romantic enough to not ruin the experience of the romance reader with the harsh reality. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not criticizing the good historical novel, I love them, and most of the time they are very high quality, but I think the target reader who ...more
Lexi Ander
Betryal
Great start to another book in this series. It was properly executed but for a few I got a rush when I thought all was going to go to shit for Will and Jackson, but Will's smart wits and cunning prevailed. The ending? I won't give any spoilers on this one, but incredible in my opinion. As the saying goes: All is well that ends well and this would sure did it for me.

Lynn, although I'm an admirer you did not disappoint!

Fawking A and two thumbs up. And as always hoping for more on this dinamic duo
Camille
Jackson and Will, without a doubt, make a good pair but we already learned that in the previous book. In this installment, we get a deeper understanding of our heroes as individuals. Jackson has a big heart, maybe even too large. He's a firm commander but soft in anything else. Not as quick-thinking as Will but he is intelligent in his own way. He knows how to discern problems and situations selflessly, cares genuinely and loves unconditionally. You cannot not love him. Then, here comes Will. He ...more
Kay
This is the third in Ms. Lorenz's In the Company of Men series. This book takes over where Jackson's Pride leaves off. Jackson is ruling Baymore with Will at his side. A riding accident awakens Jackson to the fact that if anything were to happen to him Baymore would be left without a legal heir and subject to turmoil as the rule is battled for. Jackson needs an heir, which means he needs a wife. When he requests Will find him one, he doesn't fully realize that in order to have a wife, he places ...more
Brenda (b)
This was a wonderful sequel to Jackson’s Pride and takes place about 2 years later. Will and Jackson's relationship is threatened by series of events set off during a visit to Holcombe keep. I thought the depth of characters was developed more here as they worked to solve their problems.
Heather C
This one took me a bit to get in to because it was also about Will and Jackson from the previous book. I'm not a huge fan of established couples but I really liked these guys, but I honestly didn't get into their "story" until later on in the book. I was more interested in what was going on with Marcus and little Liam. I'm happy that it all worked out nicely in the end, even thought it was all predictable.

Lily
Book three is a nice addition to the series. I really like these guys although I felt really bad for poor Will at times. Luckily he managed to get his happy ending.
TheFountainPenDiva
I love Lorenz's medieval m/m romances.
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Maggie
Maggie added it
Nov 04, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Miranda Mcintosh
Miranda Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Matthew (Matty)
Matthew (Matty) marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Adam
Adam added it
Apr 09, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Convincing Arthur (Convincing, #1)
  • Winds of Change (Royal Navy, #2)
  • House of Simeon (Gladiators #1)
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • The Station
  • Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3)
  • The Desire for Dearborne
  • A Promise of Tomorrow
  • Vagabond Heart (Pearl Harbor, #1)
  • The Squire
  • House of Mirrors
  • Over the Mountain of the Moon: A Tale of a Samurai Consort
  • The Price of Temptation
(1)gay romance

I’m from New Orleans, that’s N’awlins for those of you who speak the language. I grew up in the Riverbend, or Carrollton, for the old timers, but was a Quarter rat from the age of 11, taking 3 buses to go to art class on Burgundy Street at the Cabrini Doll Museum and NORD center. I attended Univers
More about Lynn Lorenz...
Edward Unconditionally (Common Powers, #3) Bayou Dreams (Rougaroux Social Club, #1) Soul Bonds (Common Powers, #1) Rush in the Dark (Common Powers, #2) Bayou's End (Rougaroux Social Club, #2)