Start by marking “Silenced by Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Silenced by Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #3)

Silenced by Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  35 reviews
As the Vineyard Manager at Malveaux Estates, Nikki Sands knows a lot about wine pairings, but she has a harder time making matches in her own life. Is it finally time to give up her crush on her boss, Derek Malveaux, and commit to winemaker Andr s? With big changes afoot at the Estates, Nikki's days of wine and roses may be over sooner than she thinks...

Malveaux Estates ha

Published March 6th 2007 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Silenced by Syrah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silenced by Syrah

Candace Davidson
Wow, great book, cliff hanger at the end!
Deborah Boerema
I was about ready to give up on this series. However, a friend gave me Book 4, so I guess I'll stick it out for at least one more. One thing I don't like about the main character, Nikki Sands, is that she doesn't have any girlfriends that she hangs with. Aside from missing the social interaction and emotional support that a BFF or group of friends would provide, I miss that Nikki doesn't have anyone with whom to discuss case details. Therefore, we're constantly reading Nikki's questioning though ...more
An OK third book in this series. I was getting annoyed at Nikki's on-going disregard for her safety. But as the book progressed, particularly to was the last third of the book, the pace picked up and got more interesting. I'll keep this series on my "fun" reading list.
Dara Bohn
Started but got sick of the gay guys and the triangle romance
Nikki Sands is now a little more experienced in the workings of the winery and familiar with the geography - Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, San Francisco.

She is supposedly carrying a mundane dating relationship with Andres Fernandez for the past 3 months, which has yet to progress beyond a light kiss. That is hard to believe for experienced 30-somethings who have the hots for each other, but go figure... Nikki is finding it hard to decide which man she likes best. She needs to listen to her heart a
Romancing the Book
Silenced by Syrah is the third novel in Michele Scott's Wine Lover series. It's set in the Napa Valley on a vineyard. The sleuth, Nikki, is the owner's assistant and in this tale she is helping with the opening of a spa, restaurant and hotel at the vineyard. However, when Nikki finds the head chef murdered in his bath at the spa, she decides that she has to find the killer.

I've enjoyed this series from the start and this book was no exception. Ms. Scott has created an interesting set of characte
The third in the Wine Lover's Mystery finds Nikki helping Malveaux wineries open a new restaurant and hotel/spa. When the head Chef ends up murdered in the spa, Nikki starts trying to figure out who dunnit, despite being discouraged by the new police detective. And, of course, what would Nikki's life be without her love triangle with Andres and Derek?

Once again Michele Scott brings us a fun mystery with amazing recipes and wine pairings (the Pissaladiere is awesome!) My favorite part of this bo

Great book. I knew that one of them was shady, just glad it wasn't her. Hopefully niki ends up with Derek.
Nikki is a modern day Nancy Drew of sorts and very down to earth. This book is easy to read and I did want to keep reading to find out what was going to happen next. I liked she left us hanging in the end about Nikki's love life, although unfortunately I read the back of the next book and it gives it away! If you don't want to have it spoiled, do not read the quick synopsis's of upcoming books - I am sorry I did.

Every now and then there is are still some foul works thrown in that feel out of pla
Vineyard Manager Nikki Sands discovers a body in the hottub. Star chef Georges was soaking in a relaxing syrah bath, but when no one heard a peep from his retreat in time, Nikki was sent to see what was going on.
Interwoven with solving the mystery is the romantic triangle of Nikki, pretty-boy boyfriend Andres who wants to whisk her off to Spain for 6 months, and dashing boss and secret crush Derek Malveaux.
Intriguing enough that I want to continue to read the series and get to know this cast of
Loved this book, but I am glad I have the next one ready...As someone else mentioned, it has a cliff hanger.
Book 3 in the Wine Lover's Mysteries.
I just love this series. It's a cozy mystery at it's finest. The description of the places, atmosphere, wine and food are perfect. The assortment of characters are fun and believable. The story line sucked me in right away. It included a good combo of humor, romance and mystery. I was definitely shocked by the ending. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I have to find out who Nikki picked and if she ended up going with Andres to Spain or with De
Read books 1 & 3 so far...clever detective stories set in Napa Valley, California. Semi-believable, although there are many sub-plots to throw you off the trail. Of course, actress-turned-amateur sleuth Nikki Sands always manages to piece together the murder-mysteries. I love author Michele Scott's descriptions of the characters...the books may be just a bit cheesey, but entertaining reads nonetheless. I will read the remaining 2, just for yuks.
Fun reads. Looking forward to Nikki's next adventure
Meh. I was disappointed. It seems like Scott's editor came to her and said "We need a new book in the series, GO!" The characters are getting cliched, as are some of the locations and set-ups (really, I doubt that Scott has ever been to a strip club or known a stripper....)

That being said, I will continue in the series because I have a feeling things are FINALLY going to heat up between Nikki and Derek.
May 30, 2008 Nancy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nancy by: mystery fans and wine lovers
Shelves: mystery
Another delightful outing with vineyard manager Nikki Sands. Nikki has her hands full juggling two dashing suitors, but when a big-time chef is shot at the winery and spa, she takes on a new challenge: find the killer before she becomes the next victim. Lovable characters, steady pacing, and secretive suspects will keep you guessing until the end.
I'm thinking I read this book before, as I vaguely remembered some of the plot. It was a pretty good cozy. Not a lot of clues as to the real killer but a fun ride getting there.

I'm off to read the next book to find out where Nikki ends up next: Spain or Australia?
Helen Taylor
Loved it! Can't wait to read more in this series! Nikki Sands is a very likable character and I loved the cozy and unique wine country setting.
Ashley Nichols
The wine information and story were nice, but I do not like that the reader is not given any clues to the mystery before the big reveal.
Maggie Blumberg
I love this series! Easy to read and includes recipes and wine pairings - fun :) The author is local too - lives behind Pt. Loma High!
Paula Garriott
Pretty good. Would like to have the recipes and tips in the back of the book so that it doesn't distract me from the flow.
You get to vote on which love interest the protagonist chooses? (Or I would've if I'd read it before the 4th book was written.)
I do wonder why the leads in cozy mysteries never question why someone near them always dies...
Love the recipes. A little frustrated by the lovelife strand. Overall enjoyable little mystery.
Michele Scott never disappoints. A fast read with an adult "Nancy Drew" feeling.
I thought this book was pretty good. A lot going on a times with a lot of characters.
Love these books. Bought an Albarino wine yesterday that she mentioned.
First read this book in 2008. Rereading it in 2012. Still a fun read!
  • The Chardonnay Charade (Wine Country Mysteries #2)
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle (A Chocoholic Mystery, #4)
  • Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Turn Up the Heat (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #3)
  • The Alpine Gamble (Emma Lord Mystery, #7)
  • Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4)
  • The Da Vinci Cook (Angie Amalfi, #14)
  • The Ghost and the Dead Deb (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)
  • Stamped Out (A Stamping Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Crime Brûlée (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #1)
Michele grew up thirty minutes east of San Diego in an area called Jamul. It was out there in the country that her parents bought Michele’s first horse and she learned how to ride at five. At nine years old she knew she loved to write and one day wrote a short story that she showed to her dad. She’d written it on one of his legal pads. After he read it, he looked at her and said, “You are a writer ...more
More about Michele Scott...

A Wine Lover's Mystery (8 books)
  • Murder Uncorked (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Murder by the Glass (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • A Vintage Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • Corked by Cabernet (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #5)
  • A Toast to Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #6)
  • A Perfectly Purloined Pinot (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #6.5)
  • A Killer Margarita (A Wine Lovers Mystery, #7)