Start by marking “Silenced by Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Silenced by Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #3)

Silenced by Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery #3)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  358 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
As the Vineyard Manager at Malveaux Estates, Nikki Sands knows a lot about wine pairings, but she has a harder time making matches in her own life. Is it finally time to give up her crush on her boss, Derek Malveaux, and commit to winemaker Andr s? With big changes afoot at the Estates, Nikki's days of wine and roses may be over sooner than she thinks...

Malveaux Estates ha

Published March 6th 2007 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Silenced by Syrah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silenced by Syrah

Candace Davidson
Wow, great book, cliff hanger at the end!
Deborah Boerema
I was about ready to give up on this series. However, a friend gave me Book 4, so I guess I'll stick it out for at least one more. One thing I don't like about the main character, Nikki Sands, is that she doesn't have any girlfriends that she hangs with. Aside from missing the social interaction and emotional support that a BFF or group of friends would provide, I miss that Nikki doesn't have anyone with whom to discuss case details. Therefore, we're constantly reading Nikki's questioning though ...more
Cindy
Mar 29, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An OK third book in this series. I was getting annoyed at Nikki's on-going disregard for her safety. But as the book progressed, particularly to was the last third of the book, the pace picked up and got more interesting. I'll keep this series on my "fun" reading list.
Patti
Apr 09, 2016 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Amusing and informative cosy mystery about a vineyard owner's assistant torn between two attractive men. One of them is her boyfriend and the other is her boss. Throw in the murder of a famous chef, killed while indulging in a treatment at the vineyard's new luxury spa, and you'll understand the stress that likeable heroine Nikki Sands is under. As a bonus, the book is laden with delicious recipes and wonderful suggestions for the perfect wine pairings.

I read this without realizing that it was
Dara Bohn
Started but got sick of the gay guys and the triangle romance
Saadia
Dec 29, 2011 Saadia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nikki Sands is now a little more experienced in the workings of the winery and familiar with the geography - Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, San Francisco.

She is supposedly carrying a mundane dating relationship with Andres Fernandez for the past 3 months, which has yet to progress beyond a light kiss. That is hard to believe for experienced 30-somethings who have the hots for each other, but go figure... Nikki is finding it hard to decide which man she likes best. She needs to listen to her heart a
Romancing the Book
Silenced by Syrah is the third novel in Michele Scott's Wine Lover series. It's set in the Napa Valley on a vineyard. The sleuth, Nikki, is the owner's assistant and in this tale she is helping with the opening of a spa, restaurant and hotel at the vineyard. However, when Nikki finds the head chef murdered in his bath at the spa, she decides that she has to find the killer.

I've enjoyed this series from the start and this book was no exception. Ms. Scott has created an interesting set of characte
Lester Allen
Apr 15, 2016 Lester Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun in the spa or death by relaxation. Nikki has more problems than just a dead body.

The new hotel and spa is ready to hope and Nikki may have a new love but both have problems to solve. Murder and mayhem abound in this fourth book. Will we get a happy ending or will Nikki end up over her head at the spa.
Susie
Apr 17, 2009 Susie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
The third in the Wine Lover's Mystery finds Nikki helping Malveaux wineries open a new restaurant and hotel/spa. When the head Chef ends up murdered in the spa, Nikki starts trying to figure out who dunnit, despite being discouraged by the new police detective. And, of course, what would Nikki's life be without her love triangle with Andres and Derek?

Once again Michele Scott brings us a fun mystery with amazing recipes and wine pairings (the Pissaladiere is awesome!) My favorite part of this bo
danielle
Aug 25, 2015 danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cliffhanger

Great book. I knew that one of them was shady, just glad it wasn't her. Hopefully niki ends up with Derek.
Michelle
Apr 20, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nikki is a modern day Nancy Drew of sorts and very down to earth. This book is easy to read and I did want to keep reading to find out what was going to happen next. I liked she left us hanging in the end about Nikki's love life, although unfortunately I read the back of the next book and it gives it away! If you don't want to have it spoiled, do not read the quick synopsis's of upcoming books - I am sorry I did.

Every now and then there is are still some foul works thrown in that feel out of pla
Kari
Apr 12, 2013 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Vineyard Manager Nikki Sands discovers a body in the hottub. Star chef Georges was soaking in a relaxing syrah bath, but when no one heard a peep from his retreat in time, Nikki was sent to see what was going on.
Interwoven with solving the mystery is the romantic triangle of Nikki, pretty-boy boyfriend Andres who wants to whisk her off to Spain for 6 months, and dashing boss and secret crush Derek Malveaux.
Intriguing enough that I want to continue to read the series and get to know this cast of
Valerie
Aug 07, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Loved this book, but I am glad I have the next one ready...As someone else mentioned, it has a cliff hanger.
Kimberly
Mar 06, 2009 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Book 3 in the Wine Lover's Mysteries.
I just love this series. It's a cozy mystery at it's finest. The description of the places, atmosphere, wine and food are perfect. The assortment of characters are fun and believable. The story line sucked me in right away. It included a good combo of humor, romance and mystery. I was definitely shocked by the ending. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I have to find out who Nikki picked and if she ended up going with Andres to Spain or with De
Lanelibrarylady
Read books 1 & 3 so far...clever detective stories set in Napa Valley, California. Semi-believable, although there are many sub-plots to throw you off the trail. Of course, actress-turned-amateur sleuth Nikki Sands always manages to piece together the murder-mysteries. I love author Michele Scott's descriptions of the characters...the books may be just a bit cheesey, but entertaining reads nonetheless. I will read the remaining 2, just for yuks.
Greta
Jul 13, 2015 Greta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun reads. Looking forward to Nikki's next adventure
Natalie
Mar 06, 2010 Natalie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, mystery, 2010
Meh. I was disappointed. It seems like Scott's editor came to her and said "We need a new book in the series, GO!" The characters are getting cliched, as are some of the locations and set-ups (really, I doubt that Scott has ever been to a strip club or known a stripper....)

That being said, I will continue in the series because I have a feeling things are FINALLY going to heat up between Nikki and Derek.
Nancy
May 30, 2008 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nancy by: mystery fans and wine lovers
Shelves: mystery
Another delightful outing with vineyard manager Nikki Sands. Nikki has her hands full juggling two dashing suitors, but when a big-time chef is shot at the winery and spa, she takes on a new challenge: find the killer before she becomes the next victim. Lovable characters, steady pacing, and secretive suspects will keep you guessing until the end.
VJ
Feb 24, 2013 VJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I'm thinking I read this book before, as I vaguely remembered some of the plot. It was a pretty good cozy. Not a lot of clues as to the real killer but a fun ride getting there.

I'm off to read the next book to find out where Nikki ends up next: Spain or Australia?
Jen
Apr 20, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as fun for me as the last 2.
Helen Taylor
Feb 17, 2008 Helen Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate
Jul 25, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Can't wait to read more in this series! Nikki Sands is a very likable character and I loved the cozy and unique wine country setting.
Ashley Nichols
The wine information and story were nice, but I do not like that the reader is not given any clues to the mystery before the big reveal.
Maggie Blumberg
May 28, 2008 Maggie Blumberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I love this series! Easy to read and includes recipes and wine pairings - fun :) The author is local too - lives behind Pt. Loma High!
Kathy
Mar 22, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michele-scott
Paula Garriott
Pretty good. Would like to have the recipes and tips in the back of the book so that it doesn't distract me from the flow.
Tammy
Oct 01, 2008 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You get to vote on which love interest the protagonist chooses? (Or I would've if I'd read it before the 4th book was written.)
Eli
Apr 23, 2012 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2012
I do wonder why the leads in cozy mysteries never question why someone near them always dies...
Mar 04, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Love the recipes. A little frustrated by the lovelife strand. Overall enjoyable little mystery.
Barbara
Apr 07, 2009 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michele Scott never disappoints. A fast read with an adult "Nancy Drew" feeling.
  • The Riesling Retribution (Wine Country Mysteries #4)
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle (A Chocoholic Mystery, #4)
  • Turn Up the Heat (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #3)
  • Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4)
  • Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)
  • Courting Disaster (Angie Amalfi, #12)
  • Going Out In Style (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #1)
  • Dying to Meet You (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #2)
  • Dial Om for Murder (Mantra for Murder, #2)
  • Crime Brûlée (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • The Alpine Gamble (Emma Lord, #7)
Michele grew up thirty minutes east of San Diego in an area called Jamul. It was out there in the country that her parents bought Michele’s first horse and she learned how to ride at five. At nine years old she knew she loved to write and one day wrote a short story that she showed to her dad. She’d written it on one of his legal pads. After he read it, he looked at her and said, “You are a writer ...more
More about Michele Scott...

A Wine Lover's Mystery (7 books)
  • Murder Uncorked (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Murder by the Glass (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • A Vintage Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • Corked by Cabernet (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #5)
  • A Toast to Murder (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #6)
  • A Killer Margarita (A Wine Lovers Mystery, #7)