Start by marking “Sacred Tree: Reflections on Native American Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Sacred Tree: Reflections on Native American Spirituality

Sacred Tree: Reflections on Native American Spirituality

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Sacred Tree was created by the Four Worlds Development Project, a native American inter-tribal group, as a handbook of Native Spirituality for indigenous peoples all over the Americas and the world. This handbook is being used by the Four Worlds Development Project to eliminate widespread drug and alcohol abuse in tribal communities. It is now being shared for the firs ...more
Published December 3rd 1992 by Lotus Press (WI) (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Tree

J.C.
I've been wanting to read more into Native American spirituality for a long while now. My family has already so i've always been around it in one degree or another, but now I can finally connect all the dots myself by reading books like this one. It's very to the point with nice illustrations (some of which looked kind of creepy, btw), and a lot of interesting information about the medicine wheel, which my mother built one in our backyard some time ago but never properly explained to me what it ...more
Amal
if you love to hug trees and you are in love with nature and curious about native American spirituality, the book is for you, yes I mean it...... for you!
Ishita
A detailed introduction to some central aspects of Native spirituality. The explanation of the medicine wheel, and the gifts associated with it, in particular is evocative and representative of an Indigenous worldview.
Amy
Reflections on the medicine wheel as a symbol for an individual's path in life. Very nice book, especially for people who are feeling unsure of themselves and who are seeking their path. Lots of white space on the page and lots of illustrations make the book seem like a quick read. In truth, each statement can be reflected upon so you could take quite a while to absorb each of the statements. It's a book that you can return to again and again for inspiration.
Emilee Layden
Full of wonderful ideas for reflection, evaluation and application.
Al Gritten
An excellent overview of Native American spirituality. Of course, there is variation from tribe to tribe, but the general understandings offered in the book give insight into overall spiritual thought of Native Americans. It also offers insight into the commonality of thought between biblical understandings and aspects of Native American faith understandings.
Gabino Arizola
This is a Great book for those who don't understand the true rituals and Spirituality of our Native people. This book will open the eyes and minds of the fake healer and pretend shamans that are playing with a part of our culture that makes people look at Native American Indians as Savages instead of Spiritual people.
Momowithamic
I found this book very poignant and inspiring. Similarly to a religious text, Sacred Tree gives all the basics for understanding life and our paths through traditional Native American Spirituality.
Beth
Good little book about the basic tenets of the medicine wheel. There is a lot of information packed in 81 pages.

Martina
Just a skinny little book but it contains so much wisdom. Wish everyone would live by it!
Analu
On my top favorite that I can re-read and have.
Jeannie Clark
Jeannie Clark marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Ebony Teague
Ebony Teague marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Amanda Berbatiotis
Amanda Berbatiotis marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Jlf888
Jlf888 marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Nicole Bowles
Nicole Bowles marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Robert Divkovic
Robert Divkovic marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Wanda
Wanda is currently reading it
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Responding to Sexual Abuse: Developing a Community-Based Sexual Abuse Response Team in Aboriginal Communities Lo spirito dell'albero sacro. Guarigione e trasformazione nella visione degli indiani d'America At The Time Of Disclosure: A Manual For Front Line Community Workers Dealing With Sexual Abuse Disclosures In Aboriginal Communities The Sacred Tree