Start by marking “Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)

Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  636 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Never accuse Coach Tony Peterson of being a quitter, on the gridiron or in his personal life. For a year, his attempts to date Lowell High’s hot little choral director have failed. Melanie Ward is convinced that touchdowns and tempos don’t mix, despite Tony’s irresistible charm. When Tony finally wrangles a date, he schools Mel in blazing explorations of the physical kind. ...more
Kindle Edition, Naughty Nooners, 23 pages
Published August 10th 2009 by Ellora's Cave Moderne (first published August 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Scoring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scoring

Dina
I really enjoyed this quickie. Tony and Mel knew each other for over a year, so I didn't have to suspend my disbelief and get along with one of those insta-coupling scenarios. They were very likable and the sex was fun and hot. That's all we need from a quickie, right? ;)

Note: Tony was a dominant lover, but he didn't do anything to scare Mel (or me) away. There was some light spanking and nipple-squeezing, but no real pain.
Auntee
Apr 21, 2010 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic freebies
Recommended to Auntee by: Dina
Whew! Wasn't this the little scorcher! Do yourself a favor and devote 30 minutes of your day (that's all it will take...unless you re-read a few scenes...) and read this free, funny, sexy, juicy little story about a couple of high school teachers who are out to prove if they are as compatible as he thinks they are, or as incompatible as she thinks they are.

Tony's a 32-year old sexy high school football coach and Phys.Ed. teacher, and Mel's the prim and proper music teacher/choral director. They'
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary/Erotic Romance

What a hot, fun, sexy little quickie this turned out to be! Two friends/co-workers, a football couch and a prim and proper music teacher, might be opposites, but attract for a reason because in the bedroom, they're explosive! A very satisfying 15-30 minute read, especially for a freebie!
Ellie
It depends on what you're looking for with this book.

For me, it's sort of the equivalent of finding you have a bit of time, you're tired, so you flip on the tv and you find a show that you don't mind watching. So it's good if regarded in that manner. You found a show that is at least holding your attention even though you might not have caught the beginning or you might not stay till the end.

This isn't comparable to Thursday night primetime tv. It isn't something to look forward to (anticipate
Kelly
Scoring is for people who...

...have ever wondered what teachers do to unwind.
...enjoy some teacherly naughty times.
...like men who won't give up when they find the lady of their dreams.
...get a kick out of a woman who fights her attraction before ultimately giving in.

Quick and naughty, this one hit the spot as the hunky coach shows the choral director how to enjoy herself in a very physical way.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Miz Love
Mari Carr has penned a really great tale here with Scoring. The characters are all teachers in a high school, and this idea is a first for me. I loved the way Ms. Carr showed teachers are people as well as, well, teachers! The dialog between them all in the first chapter is very good—it’s as though a real conversation is taking place and I was sitting at the table with them. Excellent! Actually, I’m going to give a WOOT! and a high-five here.

As the conversation moves on, Melanie finds herself lo
Erin
I expected a quick and hot read. I got a cheesy mess of something that did not turn me on but instead made me think...WTF?
Thom Swennes
Melanie Ward is alone, unattached and a music teacher. One of her colleagues, Tony Peterson (the coach and physical education teacher) has been asking her out for months. She refuses to even consider his entreaties until other colleagues point out that she should at least try it; maybe she might like it. Against her better judgment in she agrees. He invites her over to her house for supper. Upon her arrival she is surprised that his house isn’t anything like she imagined it would be. No man cave ...more
Heather in FL
This was a really cute, short story. I suppose I shouldn't call an erotic story cute, but it was. And even though it was short, the characters were developed enough to care whether they got together or not. And once they got together (not far into the story, lol), it was pretty hot.
Nichelle
I thought that this was a sexy and yet sweet erotic romance. I love it.
DGS
Meh. I don't have much to say about this short story. Hunky high school football coach has the hots for the high school choir director. And they have hot monkey sex. That's all fine and good.....and I'm even willing to accept the speed of the "relationship" due to the short length of this piece. BUT - where it fell apart for me is when the story turned into "let's see how many sports related sexual innuendos and double entendres we can fit in here". If there's one sure way to make my girl-wood g ...more
Yianna Yiannacou
This free short story was alright. I felt like there could have been more to it and less rushed, but nonetheless I liked it.
It begins with two teachers joking around while on their lunch break. Coach Tony wants nothing more than to take Melanie out for a date. Melanie always turns him down but when he asked her one last time she could see some sort of truth and longing behind his eyes so she said yes. She goes to his house for dinner but don’t make it to the dinner table. That was the rushed pa
Deborah
This was a good short read.
Tony Peterson is the Coach at Lowell High and he is very attracted to the schools Choir Director Melanie Ward. Every time they are around one another he expresses his desire to date her but, Melanie doesn't believe that he has good intentions and spurs his advances.
After encouragement from her friends, Melanie decides to allow Tony to cook her dinner and things between the two Quickly heat up but, she isn't sure about Tony because she doesn't do fly by night romances.

M
Andrew Jenkins
Scoring

Just when you think you've been in a few times, the fire was not able to simmer down just yet...
Trish
Nice short little read. Read the entire short story in about 15 minutes.
Amy
I really liked this story of Tony and Melanie! It was a hot short read and another great outing by Mari Carr!
Mare
Though this was a quick read I really liked the character development.
With the help of Mel's friends Tony finally gets his date with Mel. Makes the series sound tempting...
Linda
Mar 24, 2015 Linda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that loves romance
Short HOT read!
Fable
2.5 rounded to 3. SUPER short, sweet and cute. But I felt that I was being bashed over the head with football metaphors the whole time.

Yes it is called Scoring and hero is a football coach but the metaphors were jarringly heavy-handed and too frequent. Still, the story is free and is still entertaining despite the clunky metaphors.
Lizzie
I liked this sweet tale of newly discovered love between to high school teachers. Simple story telling allows you to focus on the romance and not just the steamy scenes. Everything about this tale allows this to be just the quick enjoyment it should be.
Adriana
Scoring by Mari Carr
A nice quickie between two high school teachers. Tony is the football coach and Melanie is the music teacher. Lots of sports and music jargon which was quirky but funny too.

Favorite line…

Caro
A pretty good freebie. I loved the characters, their personalities, and the story. This was fun, humorous, steamy, had good connections between the people, drew me in, and a good HEA. I wouldn't mind reading this again for fun, a pick-me-up, cuddling up, rainy-day read, or anytime at all. Short but packs a punch and has a little of everything. Enjoy!
Beckey
Coach Tony has had the "hots" for the choral director Melanie. When Melanie finally wears down and takes Tony up on a offer of date. She finally excepts but she doesn't know that Tony is playing for keeps. Will Melanie and Tony begin a ...relationship after the first date?
Captivating and Enjoyable short story
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
Wow! I definitely wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did! The characters were so believable! The relationship between Mel and Tony was great. Often when I read short erotica I'm unable to feel the bond between the hero and heroine but that wasn't the case this time. A great read!
Lady
I loved this book. It was a good short story. I like the story line and how it was written. You will root for Tony and hope Mel will give in and go out with him. When she do the sparks will fly hot and hard and long. I can't wait to read more by this author and more of this series.
Anja
Lenore Kosinski
This was a sweet little novella. Really short, but I still fell in love with Tony and Mel. The puns and lines between them were both groan-worthy and hilarious...they should have bothered me, but they didn't. They were a nice odd match, and the steamy bits were enjoyable.
Heather
YOWZAA!!!! Usually when I'm done with a short story I'm left wishing there were more. This one didn't disappoint!! Wouldn't mind finding me a hot coach ;)
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was one hot short story and when I say short, I mean SHORT. Took me about 40 min. max to read. Too bad cause this could have been better. It kinda reminded me of a smuttier Glee.
  • Kayla's Birthday Present
  • Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5)
  • Desire in the Dark
  • Reaper's Justice (WesternWind #7.5)
  • Nocked for a Loop (Naughty Nooners)
  • Better Late Than Never (Adrianna's, #2)
  • Maui Heat
  • Master's Thief
  • Her Very Special Robot
  • Take Me (Naughty Nooners)
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Hunting Evander
  • Larkspur (Flowers of Camelot #5)
  • The Bad Widow
  • Interlude in Pearl (Pearl #2.5)
  • Door Prize
  • Playing Hardball
  • Spirit Lifter (Phantom Lovers #4)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho
More about Mari Carr...

Lowell High School (3 books)
  • Retreat (Lowell High School, #1)
  • Covert Lessons (Lowell High School, #2)
  • Mad about Meg (Lowell High School, #3)
Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2) Come Monday (Wild Irish, #1) Fix You (Second Chances, #1) Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4) Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1)

“Choose your tempo,” he whispered in her ear. “What?” “Fast and hard or slow and easy. Your tempo, your choice. You get to direct this symphony.” 6 likes
“Ooh baby, the ways we hurt each other in my dreams would straighten those pretty curls of yours.” 0 likes