Start by marking “People Patterns: A Modern Guide to the Four Temperaments” as Want to Read:
People Patterns: A Modern Guide to the Four Temperaments

People Patterns: A Modern Guide to the Four Temperaments

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  80 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
People Patterns A Popular Culture Introduction to Personality Types

and the Four Temperaments

Stephen Montgomery, Ph.D.

"Try to see it my way ." Taking a line from the Beatles, Dr. Stephen Montgomery presents a fresh new look at the four temperaments, the four ancient "people patterns" that are the key to personality types. In this updated and expanded 2nd edition, Dr. Mont
Published January 1st 2002 by Archer Books

To ask other readers questions about People Patterns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People Patterns

Sue
May 01, 2012 Sue rated it it was ok
It's taken me nearly nine months to finish this relatively short book. Not that it's hard to read at all - rather the reverse. It's an over-simplified book about Keirsey's temperament theory, based, unfortunately, around various film or TV characters, many of whom I had never heard of. Those I had heard of presented a very caricatured and unrealistic approach to the theory.

I suppose, for someone entirely unfamiliar with these theories, and well acquainted with TV shows and movies, it might prov
Michelle
May 18, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Understanding personality theory can be a bit complicated but this book made the basic premise of the theory quite easy to grasp. As a novice in the field, I did not really know the back-story behind the creation of temperaments but this book began with a nice introduction to the creation of the theory. Human personalities, the book explains, have been a topic of curiosity for thousands of years (there's proof that Hippocrates was interested in the field) but it wasn't until Carl Jung built his ...more
Donna Martin
Aug 13, 2014 Donna Martin rated it it was amazing
it was a really neat book and I liked how the Author compared your personality to things of today!! A must read for everyone struggling with interpersonal skills!
Nancy
Apr 05, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
If you can handle Kiersey's book, it is worth it; this is a good, more accessible version saying basically the same thing. A few of his explanations resonated with me more than Keirsey's.
Wendy
Jun 05, 2008 Wendy rated it really liked it
If you want a simplified explanation of Keirsey's four temperaments (Artisans, Guardians, Idealists and Rationals) I'd recommend this book.

It includes a short form personality quiz and brief descriptions of different personality types. It also has some nice examples of the temperaments based on popular and well known fictional characters.

If you want to get more in depth on the temperaments I'd recommend Please Understand Me II. But this book is a great as a starting point, supplement, or quick
Stephanie Larson
Jul 14, 2012 Stephanie Larson rated it really liked it
Excellent book to keep in your library for years to come. A spin on the Myers-Briggs personality types. Discusses temperaments (relating both to adults and children) and how they relate to the world around them. Thank you Ford Family Foundation for including this in your Select Books program!
Erica J
Jan 18, 2008 Erica J marked it as to-read
I'm gearing up to read this book...it's about the Meyers-Briggs personality type indicator test, which is in my opinion a great tool to understand others (and yourself)...maybe I'll get around to reading it soon...
Charmaine E. Pooh
Apr 09, 2011 Charmaine E. Pooh rated it it was amazing
Great review of Keirsey's book Please Understand Me II with Montgomery's own insights. Includes references to pop-culture and literature. Also includes condensed version of Keirsey's temperament sorter.
Rebeccameder
A nice simplistic introduction to temperament and type!
Masnita
Sep 10, 2008 Masnita rated it it was amazing
very interesting.. i should read this book earlier.
Sarıkaya Mara
Sarıkaya Mara marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Dr Anne Hicks
Dr Anne Hicks rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Christy Schmidt
Christy Schmidt rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2016
Paul Arthur
Paul Arthur rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Susan Ungham
Susan Ungham rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Carl
Carl rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Vic Pergola
Vic Pergola rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Michał
Michał marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Aaron Knaack
Aaron Knaack rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Toni Ramos
Toni Ramos rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Bismarck Marvin
Bismarck Marvin marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
LIsa Cines
LIsa Cines marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Natalia Kavaratzi
Natalia Kavaratzi marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Kendall
Kendall rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Marian
Marian marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016