Start by marking “The Next Big Thing” as Want to Read:
The Next Big Thing

The Next Big Thing

2.59 of 5 stars 2.59  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Blush: This is a sweet romance (kisses only, no sexual content).

When Harry the inventor shows up at her bank to apply for a loan, Angela is not impressed by his lack of business plan or collateral. So Harry introduces her to his own brand of marketing by having her try the product herself - the only bra in the world that’s more fun to put on than take off.

The bank might no

Kindle Edition, Scintillating Samples, 27 pages
Published May 24th 2010 by Ellora's Cave Blush (first published March 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Next Big Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Big Thing

Rinou
Cute but really short, it deserved a bit more characters' development.
Madelle Morgan
Jul 24, 2011 Madelle Morgan added it  ·  (Review from the author)
"The Next Big Thing" is a short story that, to my (the author's) amazement, has been downloaded for free more than 75,000 times!

The inspiration for the O-Bra was the true story of a Canadian engineer who invented the world's most popular couples' sex toy and became a millionaire.

Ellora's Cave published "The Next Big Thing" in May 2010 and it quickly attained Top 50 download status on Amazon over the summer. The story received a 2010 Superstar Award at RomantiCon that fall.

I am so thrilled about
Kristi
I have no flipping idea what was going on with this story. Once I finished it I was just left with a bunch of questions. What exactly just happened there? Was this a short story? Was this meant to be just a teaser? Was this some part of a story collection? Was it intended to come across as a book that wasn't finished?

Here are the reasons I ask these questions:
***SPOILER ALERT*** (I guess, though there's nothing to spoil)
There really wasn't an introduction to the story. We see the bank lady, an
Nenette
This is just an "intermission read". It's a short story with two chapters, easily finished in minutes. More than the love story, what I found very amusing is the next big thing itself - the NipStim bra or the O-bra - it's obvious, I don't have to spell it out here what it does. This amusing product is at the center of this love story that has a start and an end, but no middle. Chapter 1: they met, Chapter 2: fast-forward to after 2 months, they collapsed into bed. What happened in the 2 months w ...more
Adriana Bookologist
The Next Big Thing by Madelle Morgan

Not erotica but a nice blush romance never the less.

Dr. Harry is looking for a loan from a bank to mass produce his new invention, a nipple stimulator bra. Angela is the only woman loan officer at the bank and the fact that she is young means she gets saddled with the loonies and in walks the good Doctor.

When he dares her to test the bra, things get interesting and a partnership is born.
Caro
This was a really short, fun to read, and a freebie! I wouldn't mind reading this again. I liked the story line and the characters. This was fun, sexy, humorous, and short enough to read in one sitting. Had me smiling pretty much through the whole thing. This would be good for a quick read anytime or something to read just for kicks. Greatly Enjoy!
MsBDiamondDiva1
This short story is a flop, better yet a flip and not a good flip at that. Thank the heavens it was free. Whoever hear of an O bra???:-( Would have been a good idea if the story would have been better developed. And the sex scene was as horrible as the plot of the story, null and disconnected. Very disappointed:-(
J. Ewbank
This book ws fun to read. It had no serious moments in it and I enjoyed it. Actually it is more a short story than anything. The plot is really different.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Kami
Freebie short story, 30 to 45 minute read. These are normally very sexual, full of sexual tension.

The story was predictable but nice. Not really a lot of sex & not enough book to really have the sexual tension.

Terri
More of a short story than a novel. It only took about 30 - 45 minutes to read. It's cute but I don't think I'd read it again.
Christine
Weird concept. It kind of unnerved me, so I couldn't get into this.
Soccergypsy
Wonderfully short erotic story. Erotic, but not explicit.
Rachel
Apr 23, 2013 Janice marked it as to-read
kindle
sony
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Julie Croce
Julie Croce marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rebecca Kissane
Rebecca Kissane marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
June
June marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Tori White
Tori White marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Liss Lovejoy
Liss Lovejoy marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Goodbye Blues, Hello Love
  • Waiting at Eros
  • Red Satin
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Christmas Scandal...Not!
  • Her Very Special Robot
  • The Bad Widow
  • Kayla's Birthday Present
  • Hot Moon Rising
  • My Christmas Wish
  • Door Prize
  • All Tied Up (Pleasure Inn, #1)
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Master's Thief
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
Madelle began her engineering career in the early 80s in Yellowknife, the capital of Canada’s Northwest Territories. Her job took her to most of the tiny communities speckled across the vast Arctic. After the birth of her son and one-too-many close calls in a small plane, she decided a regular job south of the 60th parallel would be prudent. However, she vowed to write a romance one day that captu ...more
More about Madelle Morgan...
Diamond Lust