Start by marking “The Next Big Thing” as Want to Read:
The Next Big Thing

The Next Big Thing

This book is no longer available from Ellora's Cave. Rights reverted to Madelle Morgan.

Blush: This is a sweet romance (kisses only, no sexual content).

When Harry the inventor shows up at her bank to apply for a loan, Angela is not impressed by his lack of business plan or collateral. So Harry introduces her to his own brand of marketing by having her try the product herse

Kindle Edition, Scintillating Samples, 27 pages
Published May 24th 2010 by Ellora's Cave Blush (first published March 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Next Big Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Big Thing

Cute but really short, it deserved a bit more characters' development.
Madelle Morgan
Jul 24, 2011 Madelle Morgan added it  ·  (Review from the author)
"The Next Big Thing" is a short story that, to my (the author's) amazement, has been downloaded for free more than 75,000 times!

The inspiration for the O-Bra was the true story of a Canadian engineer who invented the world's most popular couples' sex toy and became a millionaire.

Ellora's Cave published "The Next Big Thing" in May 2010 and it quickly attained Top 50 download status on Amazon over the summer. The story received a 2010 Superstar Award at RomantiCon that fall.

I am so thrilled about
Feb 07, 2011 Kristi rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I have no flipping idea what was going on with this story. Once I finished it I was just left with a bunch of questions. What exactly just happened there? Was this a short story? Was this meant to be just a teaser? Was this some part of a story collection? Was it intended to come across as a book that wasn't finished?

Here are the reasons I ask these questions:
***SPOILER ALERT*** (I guess, though there's nothing to spoil)
There really wasn't an introduction to the story. We see the bank lady, an
Jun 14, 2011 Nenette rated it it was ok
This is just an "intermission read". It's a short story with two chapters, easily finished in minutes. More than the love story, what I found very amusing is the next big thing itself - the NipStim bra or the O-bra - it's obvious, I don't have to spell it out here what it does. This amusing product is at the center of this love story that has a start and an end, but no middle. Chapter 1: they met, Chapter 2: fast-forward to after 2 months, they collapsed into bed. What happened in the 2 months w ...more
Mar 07, 2015 Mei rated it liked it
Predictable, funny and adorably cute. A free novella from Ellora's Cave that isn't the usual of sex, sex, sex! There is a plot, climax and happy ending. The O-Bra invention is hilarious!
The Next Big Thing by Madelle Morgan

Not erotica but a nice blush romance never the less.

Dr. Harry is looking for a loan from a bank to mass produce his new invention, a nipple stimulator bra. Angela is the only woman loan officer at the bank and the fact that she is young means she gets saddled with the loonies and in walks the good Doctor.

When he dares her to test the bra, things get interesting and a partnership is born.
Aug 18, 2013 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elloras-cave, own
This was a really short, fun to read, and a freebie! I wouldn't mind reading this again. I liked the story line and the characters. This was fun, sexy, humorous, and short enough to read in one sitting. Had me smiling pretty much through the whole thing. This would be good for a quick read anytime or something to read just for kicks. Greatly Enjoy!
Mar 12, 2011 MsBDiamondDiva1 rated it it was ok
Shelves: naughty-nooners
This short story is a flop, better yet a flip and not a good flip at that. Thank the heavens it was free. Whoever hear of an O bra???:-( Would have been a good idea if the story would have been better developed. And the sex scene was as horrible as the plot of the story, null and disconnected. Very disappointed:-(
J. Ewbank
Apr 12, 2011 J. Ewbank rated it liked it
This book ws fun to read. It had no serious moments in it and I enjoyed it. Actually it is more a short story than anything. The plot is really different.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Kami Dodson-Perry
Apr 12, 2013 Kami Dodson-Perry rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebooks-other
Freebie short story, 30 to 45 minute read. These are normally very sexual, full of sexual tension.

The story was predictable but nice. Not really a lot of sex & not enough book to really have the sexual tension.

Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-mf
My Rating System:
Jan 15, 2011 Terri rated it liked it
More of a short story than a novel. It only took about 30 - 45 minutes to read. It's cute but I don't think I'd read it again.
Feb 11, 2011 Christine rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
Weird concept. It kind of unnerved me, so I couldn't get into this.
Jun 23, 2012 Soccergypsy rated it liked it
Wonderfully short erotic story. Erotic, but not explicit.
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Sep 29, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish
Kindle Edition.
Mia marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2016
Christia Hadderton
Christia Hadderton marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Keri Andres
Keri Andres marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Toni Stastny
Toni Stastny marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Judy rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Hazel Ruth Stockhill
Hazel Ruth Stockhill marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Lee Ker
Lee Ker rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Betty Schoen
Betty Schoen rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2016
Joie rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2016
Bevannes marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Helge added it
Jun 03, 2016
  • Song of the Swan
  • Goodbye Blues, Hello Love
  • Waiting at Eros
  • Red Satin
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Christmas Scandal...Not!
  • Erotique (Naughty Nooners)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • The Bad Widow
  • Holiday Hostage
  • My Christmas Wish
  • Hot Moon Rising
  • All Tied Up (Pleasure Inn, #1)
  • Her Very Special Robot
  • The Perfect Woman (Detective John Stallings #1)
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • Second Sight Dating
  • I Thought It Was You (Grimm's Circle, #2.5)
Madelle's newest release is Caught on Camera, a New Adult romantic comedy set in Muskoka, Ontario—summer playground of the filthy rich and famous. This book has a couple of special features—a playlist featuring Canadian singers/songwriters, and an adorable scamp named Mopette, the bride's Maltese dog.

Madelle began her engineering career in the early 80s in Yellowknife, the capital of Canada’s Nort
More about Madelle Morgan...