Start by marking “Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast” as Want to Read:
Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast

Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast (Runaways #7)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  3,883 ratings  ·  70 reviews
New beginnings! The Runaways say goodbye to the past and make hard decisions about their future. Plus: Still reeling from the events of YOUNG AVENGERS/RUNAWAYS, the teenage heroes must now confront a horrific enemy who threatens to tear the team apart! COLLECTING: Runaways (2005) #19-24
Published November 24th 2010 by Marvel (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Runaways, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaways, Vol. 7

Shera (Book Whispers)
OK, I know why I didn't see, or honestly want, the tragic loss of Gert to happen because I always thought she was the token girl and that she was there to eventually die. Which is sad because she actually ended being a really great character. However, despite that I was hoping that Chase would get offed Gert's death and the affect it's having on Chase is awesome. It's going into dark and scary places and that . . . I love. With "vol 2 issue 23's" ending I was scared witless. Totally witless!

Vol
Fizzgig76
Reprints Runaways (2) #19-24 (October 2006-March 2007). The Runaways are coping with the death of Gert as a new threat challenges the city. While the Runaways try to contain a rampaging beast birthed of the Pride’s magic, Chase is on a dangerous path. With an attempt to raise Gert from the death, he’s dealing with the Gibborim…and there may me be no return!

Written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Adrian Alphona and Mike Norton, Runaways 7: Live Fast is Brian K. Vaughan’s final entry in the
Zack
I do not have enough good things to say about this series. When I saw the book's spine poking out of my fiancée's bookshelf, I thought it was just another Marvel book. That's exactly what it (deluxe version) looks like: All black, shiny red text, and only two words "Marvel" and "Runaways." I'd seen that spine for years and mistakenly thought it was an X-Men book, perhaps about kids escaping from the mutant academy. Since the Marvel Universe often confuses me with numerous, vastly different story ...more
Bryce Wilson
A giant monster destroying ever strip mall and chainstore in LA, Lovecraftian outer Gods posing impossible moral choices, Teenage Drama, a good metaphor or two, and city destroying fights.

Yep this is basically why I like comics.
Virginia
Can I just say that I want Nico's outfits? I never really know what to say for graphic novel reviews. The art was well done and the story sad (as usual). Looking forward to how they integrate Civil War.
Summer
Great as always. I'm sorely disappointed that Vaughn ends his run with this book and hands the reins to Mr. "Almost As Bad an X-Men Writer as Chuck Austin" himself, Joss Whedon.
Ondra Král
Vaughanův run dočten. Bylo to fajn, četlo se to moc dobře, ale nějak jsem v tom prostě nenašel tu strašně cool kultovní sérii o které jsem slýchal.
Jenna McA
I'm hooked on the Runaways. The children of super-villians trying to survive and not become villains themselves. Awesome!
William Redd
This one picks up right where the last one left off (with a brief stop for the Civil War company event which had our crew run in to the Young Avengers).

Chase is going to a dark place, one that would make his parents proud. Karolina and Xavin deal with being on Earth, and the team has to start getting used to Xavin... and vice versa. A trinket from Nico's parents finds its way into the wrong hands, and we finally find out the fate of the Gibborim. Will it be pleasant? Depends on your perspective
Gervan
Kate
Runaways live fast vol 7 #19-24

Art: Again art shift by the same artist! The art isn't as bad as vol 6 and has gone back to passable. C+

Characters: Chase, Molly, Nico, Victor, old lace, K, and her lover, Chase now has old lace and has gone suicidal on the gang, Molly is trying to act tough and take gerts role, Vicrtor and nico have formed a relationship with each other and xav(k's lover) is trying to adapt to life on earth. The characters have taken a heavy emotional toll this time around and are
Amanda
Robert Beveridge
Brian K. Vaughan, Runaways: Live Fast (Marvel, 2006)

NOTE: contains major spoilers for the previous volume in the series. If you haven't gotten that far yet, DO NOT READ.

With Gert gone, Chase and Old Lace have flown a little off the hook, and Chase decides to turn their oldest enemies to his advantage: he decides to make a pact with the Gibborim to get Gert back. Predictably, the Gibborim demand what they always have: an innocent human sacrifice. Chase is just crazy enough to consider the possibi
Brad
Sep 07, 2007 Brad rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Brian K. Vaughan and early Claremont X-Men
Shelves: comics, marvel, teenagers
Series creators Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona do a great job wrapping up their run on Runaways. The first three issues (illustrated by Mike Norton) have the team fight a mystical monster that's destroying all buildings built in the last 20 years in L.A. In the last three issues, the team fights to 0stop Chase from making a deal with the devil (make that Gibborim) from reviving a recently killed teammate.
The Runaways are such a great idea for teen superheroes (they band together to clean up
Ma'Belle
Although the plot from the third volume of this series onward has incorporated more characters from the Marvel universe, Vaughan is still able to use old ideas in progressive ways.

The main instance of this in Vol. 7 is his Skrull character, the shape-shifter betrothed to Karolina, the one teenager in the series to be confident in her romantic interests - namely, that she's a lesbian. From the point of her coming out to the Skrull warrior as an objection to their engagement, the changeling, named
Craig
This is the last Runaways volume that creator Brian Vaughn produced, and it's a very good one. The kids are faced with having to deal with loss and growing up and cementing their team concept. The art is pretty good, and the Chen covers are remarkable. It's a terrific series, but start from the beginning.
Patrick
This is why I read comics. This is what I read them for. I'm not gonna say the series as a whole has been as consistent as the best of BKV, but every time the story focuses on its aces...namely the kids, their parents and the Gibborim, amazing things happen. This was right there with the best of the series.
B
Teens who fight crime and teach understanding! Up with Runaways.

The only thing I would like to know is more about the Gibborim. But I suspect they'll be back or the author would have pulled a Great Reavel-O already. (http://theinfosphere.org/Great_Reveal-o)

Christopher Mclean
A decent end to Vaughan run on the series although by this point it is starting to feel a little like he ran out of steam. It's still a decent volume but doesn't reach the heights of the earlier books in the series.
Aprilj328
The team is still reeling from their loss of one of their own. One runaway flirts with the dark side and everybody tries to figure out how things are going to work now. MA/HS
Rachel
Ellie
TONS of foreshadowing in this action-packed, drama-filled volume. On to Volume 8!
Hyzenthlay
I just can't stop reading them.
Julie
Chase comes to terms with losing Gert while the rest deal with a giant horned monster. When the Hostel becomes compromised, the Runaways are on the road again.
Jasmine
I don't like chase.
Jeffrey
This series just keeps getting better. I really enjoyed the little plot twists in this volume, especially the one at the very end. More and more I am finding that my expectations for the story and the characters don't match up with the reality of what the writer is writing, and I rather enjoy that little problem. Now to move on to the next volume in the story...or rather, go back and read the cross-over book with Young Avengers which apparently precedes this volume in the overall continuity.
Maxwell Heath
Not quite as good as earlier volumes. The Runaways really didn't do much to show a reaction from the Civil War crossover, and both the stories in this book felt a bit weak, especially the first one with the giant monster. The first part of the ending reminded me of why I didn't read any current Marvel books for a while, what with it's reference to Civil War. The second part was an interesting twist, though, and shows that the next story arcs could be better than these two were.
Lindsay Chapin
Chase deals tries to deal with his issue, Xavin tries to find a place in the group, Nico finds a boyfriend, and the return of some familiar faces. Another great collection of Runaways.
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (Young Avengers, #2)
  • Dark Reign: Young Avengers
  • Young Avengers Presents (Young Avengers Presents)
  • X-23: Target X
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 4: Legacy
  • X-Factor: The Longest Night
  • Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E., Vol. 2: I Kick Your Face
  • Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Runaways (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Runaways, Vol. 1: Pride and Joy (Runaways, #1)
  • Runaways, Vol. 2: Teenage Wasteland (Runaways, #2)
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: The Good Die Young (Runaways, #3)
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York (Runaways, #5)
  • Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance (Runaways, #6)
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9)
  • Runaways, Vol. 10: Rock Zombies (Runaways, #10)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)
Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned (Y: The Last Man, #1) Saga, Volume 1 Saga #1 Saga, Volume 2 Y: The Last Man, Vol. 2: Cycles (Y: The Last Man, #2)