Start by marking “Highland Rogue, London Miss” as Want to Read:
Highland Rogue, London Miss

Highland Rogue, London Miss

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Quintus MacLachlann is arrogant--unapologetically so. When he's asked to impersonate one half of a married couple to infiltrate Edinburgh society, he relishes the challenge of being "married" to the frustratingly willful yet beautiful Esme.Esme makes no bones about her fervent dislike of the dishonored rake. He's the last person on earth she can conceive of marrying, sham...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Rogue, London Miss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Rogue, London Miss

Melody May
Let me start by saying I love this book, otherwise I wouldn't have read it four times. Harlequin Romance novels are usually fun for a quick read and sometimes its a miss. However, Highland Rogue, London Miss is definitely a fun quick read. I just couldn't put it done when I got it. I practically stayed up all night to read. (Just to let you know I purchased it about 9PM at Walmart).

So you have Esme McCallen and Quintus MacLachlan and there is so much sexual tension between them that its kinda fu...more
Julia
I wanted to like this book so much. I have worked in the law for ages and I am studying (very slowly) for my law degree - you can imagine how excited I was to see that the heroine in this was a Regency female lawyer!

What let this book down for me was the attitude towards intelligence, beauty and traditional gender roles. The story revolves around law-obsessed Esme, her solicitor brother and his friend and associate Quintus as they attempt to investigate a mystery. Esme was from the very first s...more
Victoria Blacke
Loved it until they fell in love. I know. I know! That sounds crazy but I loved the tension, the love/hate bickering between the two, all of it up until they both realized they loved one another. It was like turning a bright light on in a dimly lit room. The 180 was just a bit too jarring. But that's just me, I kindof like my romances to keep the spitfire going till the end!
Nancy
An enjoyable read. What's a heroine to do when asked to pretend to be the wife of a disinherited nobleman? Of course such a bluestocking is going to reject him at first...but not frever. Margaret Moore makes the journey to them becoming an official, real loving couple a pleasure.
Romanceh
Esme McCallan aide son frère Jaimie, un jeune notaire, dans son travail journalier. Elle a un air sévére et strict qui lui donne un côté vieille fille rabat-joie et rien ne la passionne plus que son travail. Pour rien au monde elle ne souhaite montrer qu'elle aimerait bien se marier et avoir des enfants car au fond d'elle bat le coeur d'une véritable sufragette. Très dévoué à son frère qui se remet difficilement d'un chagrin d'amour, elle accepte de se rendre en écosse près de Catriona, l'ancien...more
Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess
Reviewed for Wickedly Bookish

While perusing the aisles of my favorite local used book store, I came across this one and picked it up because of the pretty cover, but bought it because the words "highland" and "rogue" appeared on it. Lately I've found I can't resist anything promising me a roguish alpha male with a Scottish accent and Highland Rogue, London Miss delivers a fairly decent portrayal.

The basic concept of this novel is finding out what happens when...more
Deirdre
Quintus MacLachlann is a man of many talents, he had to learn to survive when he was disowned by his family. His friend Jamie McCallan convinces him to bring Esme MacCallan to Edinburgh to investigate what is going on with his ex-fiance's family. His ex, Catriona McNare is convinced that her father is in financial difficulties but not telling her.

Now the story was pretty good, I found it quite entertaining, however there was no sense of location, Edinburgh is a complex and interesting city with...more
Awatef Ahmittach
Me encantó Esme, me encantó Quintus, me alucinó la historia.
Es la primera novela que leo de esta autora y sin duda seguiré leyendo más de ella.
El transcurso de los hechos ha ido avanzando sin prisas, con argumento y mucha emoción.
Muy recomendada.
Patricia Solla
A London society woman wanting to be a private investigator and a Scottish male rogue working for her brother who does investigative work become involved together in a mission to help her brother's former love interest. An historical tale where the couple must pose as the man's married brother and his wife to find out what is happening that involves the father of the woman who broke an engagement to the man she's now asking for help. The fact that the two investigators do not get along well make...more
Heather
easy feel good reading
Elii Vela
awww me encantó!!! Era divertido ver a estos dos queriéndose pero resistiéndose jajaja Me reí un montón con ellos.
Realmente no me esperaba ese final, pero me agradó. Y sobre todo me gustó mucho la interacción de la pareja, creo que es incluso mejor que la historia en sí misma.
Cristina Contilli
"Ti prometto di fare del mio meglio, pasticcino mio." Il romanzo della Moore è abbastanza classico come trama, ma è anche curato e scorrevole però il fatto che lui la chiami pasticcino m'ha fatto troppo sorridere!!! Per fortuna che lo fa solo quando sono loro due da soli...

Debbie
This was a fun book with fun characters. I started it late at night and was only going to read one chapter, but instead read the whole thing. And then wanted to start over and read it again!
Ebbjr
I really don't like the name of this book. And the fact that it's related to Harlequinn....not my favorite. But, it was a decent book. Didn't have me rolling my eyes.
Countess Of
Loved the bluestocking heroine and the sexy scot hero. Was a little contrived in places and I would have liked it to be a bit pacier. But a nice story with likeable h/h.
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
Sham, Married couple, dislike of one another, fall in love, intrigued.
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Karen  Boruff
Karen Boruff marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Kathryn Prine
Kathryn Prine marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Alyssa White
Alyssa White marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Tempted At Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress
  • The Accidental Princess (Accidental, #3)
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride
  • Rancher Wants a Wife (Mail-Order Weddings, #1)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLeries #7)
There is more than one author with this name

Award-winning author Margaret Moore actually began her career at the age of eight, when she and a friend concocted stories featuring a lovely, spirited damsel and a handsome, misunderstood thief nicknamed "The Red Sheik."
Unknowingly pursuing her destiny, Margaret graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Arts degree i...more
More about Margaret Moore...
Gwyneth and the Thief The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4) Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1) Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #2) The Overlord's Bride (Warrior, #13)