Start by marking “Blood Song (Blood Singer #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Song (Blood Singer #1)

Blood Song (Blood Singer #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,635 Ratings  ·  431 Reviews
Published June 8th 2010 by Tor Books

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Still 4.0 stars after my rereread. <------b/c the next installment is finally, FINALLY about to be released. It's been years, so I need to refresh, which is no hardship, b/c LOVE these books.

Celia is as contrary as I remember, her situation as unique--a fraction of (previously unknown) Siren in her background is brought to power by a vampire attack, leaving her not human, but not Siren or Vamp either.

I don't care what she's not, what she is, is pretty dang cool.

Full RTC.

Jessica Signature
Missie
Jun 18, 2011 Missie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires

Another one I had to force myself to finish. *sighs*

I started this book last month for Blog with Bite, and tried to have it done before the review deadline, but somewhere along the way, I completely lost interest. I revisited it this past weekend because of the Read Your Own Books Read-a-Thon, and I can't say I enjoyed it very much.

The plot was a white hot mess, as were the plethora of unnecessary characters! I just couldn't wrap my mind around what was go
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
When I was finally able to get into this series, I liked it. I'd give it a 3.5 stars for originality and giving the character a maze of a personal life. And while I liked this book, I don't think I'd recommend it because the series as a whole isn't good. It's beyond formulaic and that's really not the greatest in UF. The appeal of these is ease of reading, pretty good pacing, and an odd vamp-siren mix. But there is an endless list of things that annoy me s out this series, a few are:
- love trian
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Celia is a bodyguard who is sent to guard the Prince of Rusland, which in the book is located in the Ukraine. While guarding the Prince is a series of shady strip clubs, Celia is set up in a political plot and ends up being killed. Well not really killed, a Master Vampire bites her but doesn’t drain her nor does he change her, so she becomes an Abomination (a term for the in-between stage, not fully mortal but not undead either). There aren’t many recorded instances of Abomination’s, but those w ...more
Mitticus
4.3 wavelet stars

In the end, even the toughest human is afraid of the monsters.

Este es el tipo de libro en que te dejan caer en medio de la acción, y te van explicando de a poco lo que va pasando. Incluso busqué si existia una precuela (que no hay), porque tiene muchisima información volando.

Para empezar en este mundo hay vampiros (malvados, hipnotizadores, le afecta los simbolos religiosos). Y aqui va el gran asunto NO explicado e indeterminado y que no me quedó nada claro--> Hay facciones
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com

Review:
It’s no longer enough to have traditional vampires or classic werewolves in urban fantasy books, we want something new, something innovative when it comes to the supernatural. In Cat Adams (aka C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp) BLOOD SONG we get treated to a host of new (and tweaked familiar) paranormal creatures including bats, nulls, abominations, werewolves, demons, clairvoyants, mages, psychics, and others I can’t giveaway.

Celia Graves
Leeanna
Blood Song, by Cat Adams

"Blood Song," featuring tough bodyguard Celia Graves, is the first in a new urban fantasy/paranormal series. Celia is at first a "vanilla" human - no magical abilities - but quickly becomes an abomination when a bodyguard gig goes horribly wrong.

Celia has to quickly learn to deal with her new existence as a cross between a vampire (bat) and a human; she has supernatural abilities such as quicker healing, but also weaknesses such as craving blood. If that wasn't enough, s
Mrs. Badass
Jun 24, 2010 Mrs. Badass rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
This book has a lot of promise. But fell flat for me. Celia Graves is a human bodyguard. She get's paid a lot and has a lot of cool guns and magical enchanted weaponry. She often goes up against 'monsters' (Vampires {Called Bats} Apparently she is good at what she does, but we don't see that really, she just tells us that. When she get's attacked and becomes an abomination, the story stalls and most of the dialogue is internal woe is me, "Omg what am I gonna do, this just totally sucks for me!" ...more
Liv
Feb 24, 2011 Liv rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I just finished the book and thought that I should write this review while things are still relatively fresh in my mind... This book could have potential - the premise, the setup, the characters could have been 10 times better. Unfortunately, while I saw the potential of a good book, Blood Song just didn't cut it with me. I had one word to describe it - FLAT. The plot was flat; the writing was flat, the characters were flat. So, just plain FLAT - and I can't think of a better word for it.

I can i
Schwana
May 30, 2010 Schwana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
I was not sure what to expect when I received this book. It caught my attention right away. The main character, Celia Graves, is a diverse individual. I was pleased to find that she is not the "oh woe is me" or "I can kick anyone's butt" type of character. I enjoyed that she can take as good as she gets; she is not just a "pretty face" nor is she just an average run-of-the-mill character in which everyone just absolutely loves.

I got to the end of the book and wanted to grab the next book and sta
~Tina~
While I thought the twist in magical paranormal was fascinating and the characters were head strong and strikingly created, I could not for the life of me get into the plot and writing flow.
This is just me, since I picked this up thinking it was YA and didn't know it was UF till after (oopsy) But I don't think this is why I didn't like it, it lacked...spark.
I think I'll have to give this one a re-read another time.
However, anyone looking for an original concept in urban fantasy should find Bloo
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Bodyguard Celia Graves has definitely accepted her share of weird assignments, both human and supernatural. But her newest job takes the cake. Guarding a Prince from terrorists and religious fundamentalists is hard enough, but it seems like the entire supernatural world is after this guy too. When she is betrayed by those she is employed to help, and everything goes horribly wrong, Celia wakes to find herself transformed.

Neither human nor vampire, Celia has become an Abomination—somethi
Kandle
Jan 27, 2013 Kandle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oh-fuck-no
Before I get started on this review let me just say that I've tried to read this book before. I finally managed to finish it after several attempts. And that's an understatement. I've had this book on my "Going to Read" list for a couple of YEARS. And I now I remember why I've been putting it off.

First off, the whole book is all over the place. I understand that the author is trying to incorporate pieces of the main character's past into the story but the way she did it only succeeded to make my
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Breia "The Brain" Brickey for TeensReadToo.com

BLOOD SONG is the work of amazing duo C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp, writing as Cat Adams.

In this story we meet Celia Graves, a bodyguard to the rich and famous who, although she is a regular human, knows about ghosts, demons, and other types of supernatural beings. While on assignment guarding a prince from a small European country, she is left wounded from a vampire attack.

This attack leaves her as an Abomination, not really vampire but no
Yodamom
May 13, 2011 Yodamom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
I feel in love with this book from the first chapter. We have a protagonist that is one tough kick-arse chick with real problems and deals with them realistically. She is a body guard/vampire hunter with a great (boarding on geekish) love for her weapons and gadgets. She is self supporting and works hard to pay the bills. When her life or her friends lives are in danger she does not stop to play footsie with some hunk she gets into gear and does something. Actually, there is only one brief roman ...more
Susan ...so many books and so little time
Amazing book...I loved it from beginning to end!!! I love the main character Celia...she is strong willed...and has a great eye for weapons...my kind of woman!!! I am definitely going to read the next book in the series...I need to know what happens next!!!
Jessica
Dec 09, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was about ready to give up on urban fantasy, because as I've complained in other reviews, few of Buffy's ass-kicking, demon/vampire/werewolf/whatever-slaying descendants tend to be likable in the least.

I picked up Blood Song while in Wisconsin, intending to read it on my flight back to Seattle, but ended up getting absorbed in the Hunger Games instead. I should have been reading this series earlier, clearly.

Celia Graves is a bodyguard (yay! Something other than a detective!) who's taken a gig
Kathy Davie
Jun 06, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, urban
First in the Blood Singer urban fantasy series revolving around Celia Graves, a personal security specialist in Southern California.

My Take
Well this was different! Talk about drama and tension. Thank you, lord, for not making Graves a whinging, drama queen! Instead, she's kick ass with compassion with an unusual living arrangement, an independent consultant with her own security business, a range of also-unusual friends, and the "required" dysfunctional family.

While Graves gets on well with the
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
After reading this, I had quite a few unanswered questions. At times the story was all over the place and couldn't decide what path it was going to take. It's left me confused about certain outcomes plus quite a few characters were introduced and I didn't always understand their significance with so little information being given about them.

Mainly I wanted to meet Celia's sire, learn about his relationship to Edgar, and more about these vampires in general but this was scuppered by the King of R
Jessica(Spinecracker)
Originaly posted on http://thespinecracker.blogspot.com/

Blood Song is one of the most original character-based pieces of fiction I've read since maybe Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking. There's a story to be fair, but it's all about Celia and the secrets she discovers about herself and the ones around her. The writing duo of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams, or better known to you and me as Cat Adams, knows how to utilize 1st person POV. Every action, conversation, inner monologue is all with
Lura (The Life of Serendipity)
Bodyguard Celia Graves piles her trade in a world where vampires roam the night and movie stars openly practice witchcraft, where cops use memory enhancement spells on witnesses and street-corner psychics have real powers. And ordinary , Celia use her street smarts- and charmed weapons to protect the rich and famous.

Celia is guarding the prince of a small but politically vital nation while he tours Los Angele's least savory hot spots when she is attacked by a master vampire.

Expecting to die, Cel
Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)
Won from Goodreads First Reads :)

The first thing that caught my attention was the cover, it's very beautiful and definitely peaked my interest. The novel is set in Los Angeles, California, where we get a first person POV from bodyguard Celia Graves. She is a human bodyguard that is hired to protect a prince, and from than on things just get more complicated for her. She gets attacked by a bat aka 'vampire', so now she must find her sire before he finds her.

I was hooked from the first page of th
Cody
Sep 07, 2015 Cody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-owned, 2012, reviewed
Synopsis:

Neither human nor vampire, Celia has become an Abomination—somethi
Claire
Aug 19, 2011 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Celia Graves is a bodyguard and she is on a job protecting a Prince. It is whilst on this particular job that Celia is attacked by vampires. She wakes to find herself strapped down on a table in a lab where she is told that she is a half vampire after nearly being turned. Celia must now find out wo tried to turn her all vampy and who attacked the Prince.

Now this book sounded right up my street and I must admit I loved the cover too but I was disappointed with it. The beginning started out great
Gary
Aug 23, 2016 Gary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
only 4 stars for this as it took awhile to get into
Swati
Jan 09, 2015 Swati rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

LACKING IN EVERY ASPECT

My expectations were not at an all time high when I picked up ‘Blood Song’ by Cat Adams for a read. I had just wanted some adrenaline pumping action, a twist infested plot, and maybe some romance. (Ohhhkkk. Maybe I did have some expectations)

However the story of Celia Graves, a bodyguard with tough-as-nails attitude in a world where, supernatural creatures like Vampir
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Well, I know I read this book yet it didn't really stick in my mind. How bad is that? This was an okay book since I can't remember even enough to write a full review. Since this was over a year ago, I could use that excuse except I remember books from when I was a kid. O_o
Maria
Wow! I love/hate beginning of series when you finish the book and immediately start planning your life for when the next book comes out. It's even worse when you have an ARC copy.

Angela
May 11, 2016 Angela marked it as to-read
2 February 2016: $2.99 on Kindle
StarMan
Aug 07, 2016 StarMan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
A vanilla paranormal; it may satisfy somewhat, but it's not new or spectacular. This book will please many readers who enjoy light, moderately-paced, mixed paranormal tales with a very slight romance aspect -- but in the end it's not a very memorable tale. It simply wasn't different or thrilling enough to rate a 3+ for me.

Was it poorly written? No, but there was nothing magical about the prose, nor the flow of the story. There are no fascinating twists to the usual supernatural/creature abiliti
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. UF or PNR book [s] 11 68 Apr 29, 2014 05:20PM
Bruno or creede? 3 17 Aug 07, 2013 09:44PM
  • Ascension (Dark Breed, #1)
  • Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1)
  • Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
  • A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1)
  • Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1)
  • Night Rising (Vampire Babylon, #1)
  • The Sweet Scent of Blood (Spellcrackers.com, #1)
  • Ravenous (The Dark Forgotten, #1)
  • Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1)
  • Red Hot Fury (Shades of Fury, #1)
  • Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1)
  • Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren, #1)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan, #2)
  • Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
  • Chosen (Anna Strong Chronicles, #6)
  • Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

More about Cat Adams...

Blood Singer (7 books)
  • Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2)
  • Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)

“It's already bad. I'm honestly not sure how much worse it's going to get." Notice that I didn't say couldn't get worse. It can always get worse. I know this. And thus I refuse to tempt fate. Superstitious - probably. But magic exists. So does karma, and karma can be a bitch.” 83 likes