Clearing the Mind for Creativity

Clearing the Mind for Creativity

2.69 of 5 stars 2.69  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews

John Kao learned a lot about creativity and innovation during his years teaching at the Harvard Business School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Media Lab but also as a serial entrepreneur, psychiatrist, movie producer, and jazz pianist. He wrote about the topic in Jamming—The Art and Discipline of Business Creativity, a BusinessWeek bestseller that has been

Published (first published 2009)

Jessica
This is a short book that gives you advice on how to be more creative. He opens with a great story of an exercise he used in his classroom and the effects of it with the students. Then, he presents you with 4 more ideas that can be helpful.

Very easy to read. The writing is light and informative. Some of the ideas seem simple enough but are very helpful in clearing your mind. You can use them to aid in furthering creativity or just to clear your mind from all that was in it.
JoAnn Jordan
This is an excellent short, but I really wanted more. The author would have done well to explore his topic in more detail.

I do highly recommend this, but it is very short.
Shelly
A very short read, which would make a better blog than book. I feel it ass full of good suggestions, but given the brevity, I'm glad it was a freebie.
Liza
Extremely short book - read it in about 20 minutes. The advice was good, but nothing new. I wanted and expected more.
Chris
Good creativity exercise. Very quick read and you are basically paying for a short essay. Would be a great blog post.
Danielle
It was super short. It was just ok..... I don't know what I expected, but it essentially is only one tip.
Alonso Romero
Es una vacilada. Los 3 dólares peor gastados en mi vida.
Jane
Fast read but lacking in substance
Travis Tucker
Travis Tucker marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
John LEOPOLD
John LEOPOLD marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
J.s.
J.s. marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Jennifer James
Jennifer James marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Douglas
Douglas marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Christy Parker
Christy Parker marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Ryan Nims
Ryan Nims marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Jen Labruzza
Jen Labruzza marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Joe Friend
Joe Friend marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Innovation Nation: How America Is Losing Its Innovation Edge, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do to Get It Back Jamming: Art and Discipline of Corporate Creativity, The Entrepreneurship, Creativity, and Organization: Text, Cases, and Readings Innovation: Breakthrough Ideas at 3m, DuPont, GE, Pfizer, and Rubbermaid Are You a Producer?