Start by marking “The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America” as Want to Read:
The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America

The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  169 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The real threat to the United States is not terrorism. The real threat is Islamism, whose sophisticated forces have collaborated with the American Left not only to undermine U.S. national security but also to shred the fabric of American constitutional democracy--freedom and individual liberty. In The Grand Jihad, bestselling author Andrew C. McCarthy offers a harrowing ac ...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Encounter Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Grand Jihad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grand Jihad

Carol Storm
Archie Bunker beating a dead horse. Let's get rid of the Muslims, let's get rid of the liberals, let's get rid of the New Deal! Some of the facts about other countries are interesting -- it's what Andrew McCarthy doesn't know about his own country that's really scary.
Ralph
Dec 31, 2012 Ralph rated it it was amazing
A very thorough exposé of the insidious infiltration of Islamists advocating the replacement of US constitutional government with sharia, which is the pervasive and forcible imposition of Islam throughout our society. Tragically, through mis-guided "political correctness" and a political alliance of Islamists with the Left wing, this "advance" is not being resisted by our Government, but actively aided by the Islamist-friendly Obama regime.
However much anyone has ignored this downhill slide, ima
Kbullock
McCarthy is a sharp guy, but this book disappointed me. He rambles quite a bit, hitting on important themes, but not really wrapping anything up. The biggest problem is the long digression in the middle of the book into Barack Hussein Obama's biography, which is covered better elsewhere.

McCarthy made a strong case that we're endangering our civilization by slowly surrendering to Islamism, but he droned on a bit long without finishing his project. I looked forward to some policy recommendations
Jan Morgan
Mar 19, 2012 Jan Morgan rated it it was amazing
Andrew McCarthy really puts the facts about Islam out there for the American people. The research that went in to this book is extensive and backs his position that the real threat to America is not physical acts of terror but instead, it is the islamization of America. Love it!
Luckngrace
Jan 14, 2012 Luckngrace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was extremely well-sourced and not too partisan. The author is knowledgeable on the subject and I feel his motives are to save our country and our culture for future generations.

The first section dealt with sharia, Islamic law. Muslims want to force the world law to abide by sharia (a Caliphate). Sharia law says women must be covered from head to toe with only part of the face showing. She must have NO contact with men or go outside the home without her husband; she is not allowed to d
David
Dec 03, 2013 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must-read for anyone concerned about why and how Islam is incompatible with the U.S. concepts of freedom and liberty. The book explains why Islam IS NOT a "religion of love and peace" and "Creeping Sharia" is something we just cannot ignore anymore, as it is the duty and obligation of every Muslim to spread Islam and Islamic law (Sharia) to the entire world.
Islam doesn't separate religion and politics either. It is a sociopolitical way of life. Islamists are attacking us from wit
Cyndi
Jun 25, 2011 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Not an easy read but the author has taken a complex subject that I had heard bits and pieces about and explained why normal Americans should be concerned with the spread of Islam. McCarthy has done in-depth research into the organizations and people who are working to spread Islam and then connected the dots of how the groups were started, by whom, and for what purpose (not always the one stated.)

The book is not a conspiracy theory as he has documented each speech and each association. Mind-bog
Johns
Apr 12, 2016 Johns rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well-written book published in 2010 that has not received the attention it is due. Here is a thought-provoking quote from page 47: "Knowledge is power, but only if knowledge is coupled with the fortitude to confront the dangers of which one becomes aware." Wake up Americans and read this book.
Michael Weaver
This is a must read for any who wants to understand the ideology behind Progressive support of Islamic laws and Islamic terrorism and how this ideology is shaping policy in fear and making America a more statist government. I would also recommend: Babylon's Covert War
Jeanie
Jul 15, 2010 Jeanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all citizens
Recommended to Jeanie by: heard McCarthy interviwed
An alarming, well constructed evaluation of the systematic way Islamists use the US Constitution and our own feeble political correctness in order to make advances toward their goal of installing sharia as the law of the land in the USA.
READ THIS BOOK!
Joann Ulrich
Jan 29, 2011 Joann Ulrich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in a Goodreads contest. This is an alarming book written by someone who knows Islam in America. very informative-once you start reading, it's hard to put down. I would highly recommend reading this book.
Ryan Manganiello
This Book explains how political correctness, evil Liberal Progressive sympathizers, and Islam will inevitably destroy the free world, if we continue to allow it…
Loren
Feb 23, 2011 Loren rated it really liked it
A ton of incredible in depth information into what is going on and what we are not being told.
Bea
Feb 22, 2011 Bea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is for those who aren't sick of all the political rhetoric of the last few years. If you have read "Infidel" or kept up with the news, you probably have heard most of this already. If you can read it without preconceived conclusions it is more entertaining. It is interesting, and we can learn from it, or become alarmists, or not believe the ideas behind the book. It would be good to check the facts, at least, and make your own judgement. It does not read like a novel, more like a newspaper ...more
Anna
Mar 07, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
As a former prosecutor and the lead in the conviction of the Blind Sheik after the first World Trade Center attack, Andrew McCarthy has become an expert observer and analyst of this field. With extensive research and citations, he has created an indispensable reference for the understanding of current events and some of their historical roots. Chilling and eye-opening.
Tabatha
Feb 18, 2015 Tabatha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-sell-pile
I am sure that for some people this is an amazing book but the more I read the harder time I personally had trouble relating with the book. I may try giving it another shot due to all of the great reviews but for now it was just ok.
Melissa
Jan 19, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A deeper look into the ties between the American left and Islamist who are working toward a rewrite of not just America's government but all "oppressive" governments.
Jordan Beliew
Feb 12, 2011 Jordan Beliew rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Highly recommended to get a better understanding of the state of the world and how it involves the increasing Muslim population.
Dave Hoff
Hard read, but Margie suggested I start at Chapter 11, when Obama came to power. Scary to read how much power Islam has over our govt.
Radoslav Vician
Jun 30, 2014 Radoslav Vician rated it it was amazing
Sad but unfortunately true reading about the decline of Western civilisation and its bending to Sharia.
Steve Taylor
A lot of personal impressions with emotion and not so much a laying out of the facts.
John
Aug 20, 2010 John rated it really liked it
"For Islamists, democracy is a tool for acquiring power, not a culture of governance."
Annamarie
Alfred J. Lindh
Alfred J. Lindh rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
David Morse
David Morse marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Joel Richard
Joel Richard marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Pilar
Pilar marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
  • Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam And the American Left
  • Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam Is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs
  • The Communist
  • Crucified Again: Exposing Islam’s New War on Christians
  • Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama
  • My Year Inside Radical Islam: A Memoir
  • Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom
  • Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me
  • The Fight for Jerusalem: Radical Islam, The West, and The Future of the Holy City
  • American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us
  • Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America's Founding Document
  • The Second Amendment:: Preserving the Inalienable Right of Individual Self-Protection
  • Disinformation
  • The Original Argument: The Federalists' Case for the Constitution, Adapted for the 21st Century
  • End of Discussion: How the Left's Outrage Industry Shuts Down Debate, Manipulates Voters, and Makes America Less Free (and Fun)
  • Intellectuals and Race