Night Vision

Night Vision (Jake Lassiter #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Ahead of its time, " Night Vision ", the highly praised sequel to " To Speak for the Dead ", anticipated the danger of homicidal stalkers on the Internet.

Linebacker-turned-lawyer Jake Lassiter is appointed a special prosecutor when women in a sex-charged Internet chat room are targeted by a serial killer. Enlisting a brilliant female psychiatrist and assisted by retired cor...more
Published July 25th 2012 by Nittany Valley Productions, Inc. (first published September 1st 1991)

Joe
#2 in the Paul Lassiter series. Twists and Turns galore in this second outing of ex-linebacker turned maverick Miami trial lawyer. Along with his buddy, retired Miami, Fl coroner Dr. Charlie Riggs, they stumble into a bewildering maze of computerized sex, lies, corruption and murder. You gotta LOVE south Florida stories!
Scott
This is the 1st book I read that Paul wrote which instantly transformed him into ne of my favorite authors! I truly enjoy the Jake Lassiter character and the way Paul brings the settings to life! I also love how he always works a reference to Penn State and/or Joe Paterno into his Lassiter story lines.
LJ
NIGHT VISION - VG
Levine, Paul - 2nd in Jake Lassiter series

Ex-pro football player and maverick lawyer Jake Lassiter stalks a psychopathic killer who's terrorizing Miami.

Well written and suspenseful. An enjoyable read.
Steve
I am re-reading this series on Kindle. Another fun courtroom drama, with Florida scenery and interesting character revelations and plot turns. Fun reading.
Peter Gregoire
Night Vision is the second book in Paul Levine’s Jake Lassiter series, although it is the fourth one I have read (the others being "To Speak for the Dead", "RipTide" and "Mortal Sin"). For me, this one is the best so far. Night Vision is the fourth book in Paul Levine’s Jake Lassiter series I have read and so far, for me, it is the best.

The plot centres round an internet sex chat room, in which various users end up dead. Due to a conflict of interest, the attorney general appoints Jake as a spe...more
SimyCat
Love this book and it kept my interest. Mr. Levine has created the character Jake Lassiter and each book in this series is about Jake, ex-pro football star now lawyer and all the things Jake gets himself involved in. The books keep me interested and I have found when reading I could picture the places described. I loved reading the series from beginning to current. I recommend this for those who like reading this type of book.
Jim Fromm
Over the top.

I am a Paul Levine fan. This book was not up to his standards. Way too much, hit first and ask questions later, crazy scenes. The ending had a couple of nice twists, but the whole storyline required a substantial suspension of disbelief. Looking forward to the next Lassiter adventure, anticipating a return to the quality of his early work.
Eero
This was the first book I have read from this author. It was a Kindle freebie, and well worth a read.

I can't claim I guessed the murder mystery, although I had considered most of the pieces along the way, not putting them together in that particular order.

Some of my early criticisms about the characters were answered by the resolution, but still I feel that certain scenes didn't work, such as the ones where Lassiter got into totally pointless fights with orderlies in a mental hospital and othe...more
Marilyn
I found I was pushing myself to get through this book.
Natalie
Glad I have discovered these books - these are a great summertime read and on Kindle, they are $2.99! Well put together and great twisty plot (ok, this one was a little too drawn out on the "who done it", but never the less enjoyable because he doesn't give away the villian too quickly) :O) This is the second book of Paul Levine's Lassiter series I've read (I'm hooked!) and I'm on to the third in less than 4 days!
Suzanne
I'm not sure if I was tired too often when reading this book but I kept losing the thread of the story. I do like Lassiter's character, he's hero material with a believably flawed nature and that's what would bring me back to the next book in the series.
Karen
I think I read this too long after it was written. A large part of the plot was based on a computer dating business, and the description of the technology was so outdated it rendered the book unreadable to me.
Gizzard
Lassiter goes police procedural. And it is better than his usual mystery/thriller. A bit dated but great for free- Levine put out most of his backlist for free when he first self published.
Robbie
This was my least favorite Lassiter book. It seemed to drag. Still love Lassiter's sense of humor, but maybe it was too much Tennyson or something. Anyway I rated this one 4 stars, Jim gave 4.5.
Barbara Silkstone
Another excellent read by Paul Levine. His dialogue is up there with Elmore Leonard. His plots are a blend of Robert B. Parker and Carl Hiaasen.
Jeri
Great beginning! Grabs you from the start. Slower in the middle, then a roller coaster of an ending. Jake is wry and funny. Surprising twists.
Yona
Another great thriller by Paul Levine . I look forward to starting the next book.
Art Nomad
Well worth the time to read ... Levine is masterful at intertwining subplots.
Lenora
very good easy read good plot kept you guessing till the end
Rob Bekkers
Rob Bekkers marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Nicci
Nicci marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2014
Nick Sotos
Nick Sotos marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • The St. Paul Conspiracy (McRyan Mystery Series, #1)
  • Death Of An Obnoxious Tourist (Dotsy Lamb, #1)
  • Mad Money
  • A Killing Night (Max Freeman, #4)
  • A False Dawn
  • Cruel Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #1)
  • Probable Cause
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • The Bluejay Shaman
  • Antiques Maul (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #2)
  • A Witness Above (Frank Pavlicek Mysteries, #1)
  • Motor City Blue (Amos Walker, #1)
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)
  • Mind Games:  A Diana Racine Psychic Suspense - Book 1
  • Buck Fever (A Blanco County Mystery #1)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • The Dead Man (Jack Davis Mystery, #2).
  • Killers: A Psycho Thriller
The author of 18 novels, Paul Levine won the John D. MacDonald fiction award and was nominated for the Edgar, Macavity, International Thriller, and James Thurber prizes.

A former Miami trial lawyer, he also wrote more than 20 episodes of the CBS military drama “JAG” and co-created the Supreme Court drama “First Monday” starring James Garner and Joe Mantegna.

The critically acclaimed international...more
More about Paul Levine...
Solomon vs. Lord (Solomon vs. Lord, #1) The Deep Blue Alibi (Solomon vs. Lord, #2) Kill All the Lawyers (Solomon vs Lord, #3) To Speak for the Dead (Jake Lassiter, #1) Illegal