Start by marking “Mental Resilience: The Power of Clarity - How to Develop the Focus of a Warrior and the Peace of a Monk” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
We all face challenges - complex decisions, difficult personalities, constant demands on our time - but we don't have to be at their mercy. By developing the skills outlined in this book, which create what author Kamal Sarma calls mental resilience, we become able to meet these challenges with clarity.
Published February 15th 2008 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Mental Resilience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mental Resilience

Tami
Apr 25, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meditation has been a regular part of my daily routine for quite some time. I find that through this practice, I am far more calm, centered, and productive. In taking just a little time out from the chaos of my day, I realize that a lot of the worries that I fixate on aren’t really all that important to who I am, how I live my life, or in loving those around me.Even in the midst of my most difficult life experiences, I gain perspective and find meaning in the situation.

Mental Resilience is one
Sue
Mar 13, 2010 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for anyone who want to learn about meditation and the meditation process.

The bookstores are PACKED with meditation material, but it doesn't seem like there are many practical or process-oriented meditation books.

I wish that I had found this book when I first learned how to meditate.
Kamal Sarma covers the topic quite thoroughly. He discusses the reasons to meditate, ways to prepare for meditation, the stages of meditation, etcetera.

There isn't a "correct" way to meditate but
Kristine Sprunger
Outstanding! And helpful.
Lisa
This was a short and good book that I didn't quite finish because I got it from the library and the CD wasn't with the book. The end of the book was basically how to use the enclosed CD. Sarma makes a good point that most people need to "turn off" their brains in order for their brains and souls to recharge. It motivated me to check out some guided meditations for my MP3 player. Of course, now to actually do it more than 2 times!
Patricia Clemens
Aug 20, 2011 Patricia Clemens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read. Good for a person who needs to slow down, refocus. Great for learning how to sit still and learn mediation.
Bgalvin
Bgalvin rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Mary Mansperger
Mary Mansperger rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Carol Cook
Carol Cook rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Randi Kemp
Randi Kemp marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Javier Vega
Javier Vega marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Mel
Mel is currently reading it
Oct 02, 2015
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Eunice
Eunice marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Frederic
Frederic rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Krzysztof
Krzysztof marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
AJ
AJ rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2015
Vahid Mansoori
Vahid Mansoori rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Gustavin
Gustavin rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Poised Hitesh
Poised Hitesh marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Tyrone
Tyrone rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Rj Cardona
Rj Cardona is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2014
Nhien
Nhien marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Lisa Kline
Lisa Kline marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014