Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)

Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire #3)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  3,804 ratings  ·  435 reviews
Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear...more
Published January 29th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
39th out of 1,465 books — 10,130 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
80th out of 2,479 books — 12,482 voters

More lists with this book...

Courtney Moulton
Mar 03, 2013 Courtney Moulton rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, young-adult

I can't even begin to explain how I feel about ending this story. I'm so overjoyed with the finale and the ways in which my characters grew. Not everyone gets their happy ending, but the little things that make you smile or happy cry make the broken hearts hurt a little less. I had a lot of fun writing most of this book, but much of it was written as I wiped away tears. Thanks for being there with me from the beginning to the end and loving my reapers as much as I do. I can't wait to share Shado...more
Julie
What. What!!!!

What an awesome way to end this series.

Actual Rating: 4.5 (please don't hurt me)

I'm not going to even try to explain what this book is about/what happened in this book because frankly, I suck at it, and also, there was way too much madness going on to even attempt to list all of it. If you've read & loved the first two books like I did, you'd understand.

Just to be a debby downer, the one thing I wasn't a total fan of was the dialogue at some points. It would get kind of .....more
Ferdy
Spoilers

Meh. Didn't find the story or the characters engaging.
The whole plot consisted of Ellie and co trying to find different people/things:

1. Ellie and Cadan try to locate the Grigori angel, Antares.. So that Antares can heal Will… Who for some silly reason was on death's door at the end of the previous book. Why bother with a cliffhanger like that when it's so bloody obvious Will's not going to be killed off?? It's just a cheap and lazy way to get readers to buy the next book.
Anyway, whil...more
Jessica (Just a Booklover)
Awwww, I cannot believe it's over! Such a great ending.

It was funny. Seriously, this book put me into so many giggle-fits. I'm totally on Team Waffles!

It was sad. Honestly, what else do you expect? This is a war, people. An epic battle. Of course somebody's going to die. This hurts my heart, but it's inevitable.

It was freaking kickass! So much fighting and fierce awesomeness. This was one exciting stack of pages. ;)

It was sweet. Not just with Ellie and Will, but with all the characters. I'm real...more
Mitch

The appeal of Angelfire and, really, the reason why this series gets such high marks in my book, can be summed up by the following simple analogy:
TWILIGHT:VAMPIRE ACADEMY

any of FALLEN; HUSH, HUSH; or UNEARTHLY:ANGELFIRE

I'm tired of being tricked into reading paranormal after paranormal - vampire, angel, or otherwise - where the first half or two thirds of the book is nothing but overwrought angsting and love triangle setup, with really no plot until the bit of action tacked on in the last two or...more
Nandanie
[image error]

Are. You. Serious.? 2013?!?!?!?!?!?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT IS? 2012 JUST STARTED! Grrr....

(view spoiler) Please God, tell me that this is WRONG! That it is some type of typo. I knew that the second book came out in February, but can't the third come out in like December? Or like January of next year? Please don't let it be some time in November of 2013, I'll kill myself!

Facepalm

OMG

Nilufer
Feb 12, 2012 Nilufer marked it as to-read
Shelves: golden-sequels
2013???? are you trying to kill me??? i have waited for wings of the wicked long enough and now i have to wait a year again? :(((
Beatriz  Lins
I am in awe. This is one of the best closures I have ever read. I... I just don't know what to say. This book is fucking brilliant. It's emotional, it's tense, it's heart-breaking, and it makes you feels a thousand different things while reading it. Ellie and Will have come so far, and this installment has truly proved me that. The ending of this book is sensational.

Courtney Allison Moulton, you've just become one of my favorite authors of all times.

Final review:

I don't know whether to cry or...more
Carmen
A perfect ending to a great paranormal romance series. Great wrap up, tension, and plot twists. The romance was a good SIDE dish, (not the main part of the story) and good butt kicking action. Good characters- really enjoyed getting to know Cadan! I really can't say much! The ending was perfect in every way possible. :) I'm still kind of speechless.... (As you can obviously tell by my horrendous sentence structures etc.)

Shadows in the Silence: Great book, wraps up an awesome trilogy, and The An...more
Cyp
Feb 06, 2012 Cyp marked it as to-read
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why must the Angelfire trilogy books release one year after each other? Seriously, why? WHY ?
~Tina~
Wow what a series! I loved every single book, I can't even begin to express how much fun I had in this world.
The first book, Angelfire, was a good intro into the world of Angels and reapers with a promise of romance to come. The second book, Wings of the Wicked, was jammed with action packed entertainment but it also focuses and polishes the romance off beautifully, which the sap in me still cheers for. As for the final book, Shadows in the Silence, it has an amazing amount of angelic lore, epi...more
Marie
Ok, so as this was the finale to what has been undoubtedly an amazing series expectations were high.

I loved many parts of this book.

I loved that no matter what, Ellie ALWAYS stayed loyal to Will. Even though he bored me and I much preferred and loved Cadan (sorry guys) she would never cheat on Will- that is love.
I think it's the first time a heroin hasn't cheated and done something they later regretted. It was refreshing.

Even when Cadan was all like "I know your his, but please, one kiss. Th...more
Lisseth (Read-a-holicZ)
**Originally on Read-A-holicZ, HERE!**

Okay I will NOT LIE, when i got the ARC in the mail I was literally like this...

I had JUST finished reading Wings of the Wicked, and OMG that ending was KILLER! So I needed this like a mad woman. @_@

The story starts out right where WINGS OF THE WICKED ENDED, with Ellie going to Caden for help. One of the BEST things that I LOVED about this book we get to see another side of him.

A more human, kind and very much DIFFERENT one than his father. We learn so...more
Valia Lind
oh.....SO. MANY. FEELS!!!!!!!! I can't even..... THIS SERIES = EPIC!!!

Posted on: http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com

I can’t believe I’m writing a review for the last book in the Angelfire series. I have the most bittersweet feelings about this. If you’ve been following me for a while you know my love for Courtney’s writing and these particular characters.
Shadows in the Silence picks up where Wings of the Wicked left off. If you’ve read my review of Wings of the Wicked you know how many fee...more
marie
No. NO! 2013? Please tell me i'm hallucinating and it's not 2013 i'm seeing on my screen.
*screams in front of computer*

Yeah. Screaming's the only thing i can do now. And cry.

Really, 2013?? You have got to be kidding me.

--------update 6/7/12--------------

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!

That cover rocks! I mean, IT'S FREAKING GORGEOUS!!

Oh, dear Ellie, please, please save my dearest Will!
i'll sell my soul to a demon if i have to!

SAVE HIMMMMM!!!!!
:))))

Wait, is that the final title?
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Okay so where to start with this review. As you all know this is the last book in the series and I am seriously bummed because I loved Will and Ellie's story. Plus as some of you know I love Cadan. He is the man with a master plan. It took me a day to start reading this book because I did not want to read the ending. I did not want it to end. I kept thinking Lord what is going to happen to Ellie and Will.

In Shadows in the Silence we pick up right where we left off in Wings of the Wicked. Will is...more
Nora
Since I was absolutely blown away by the first two books in this trilogy, I expected this one to be mindblowingly awesome. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in that regard.

~THE BAD~
1) For one thing, the plot moved way too slowly for most of the book. There was just so little action and asskickery in this book compared to the first two that I was bored throughout most of it.
2)Also, there was rarely, if ever, a moment when I was taken by surprise. The story was just so predictable and even a lit...more
Melissa
Wow. Wow. Wow. In love. Courtney does it again with the final book in the Angelfire series. She steps up her game and finished it with a bang. This book could not have been better, there is so much going on that you will be on an emotional roller coaster . You just feel so much, and you feel like you know the characters well enough to be their friends.

In this book Ellie is simply amazing. There has never been a more well written strong character than her. She has come so far from book one, that...more
Apen
Kris
This review is so, so very hard to write. I have been a huge fan of the Angelfire trilogy thus far, and I really wanted to fall madly in love with this book like with the prior two books. The battle scenes are just as epic as always, especially the final battle, and I love the characters as always. I'm also still a fan of the gory details of battle. A book where the fate of the world is at stake never has felt real to me unless there lives are lost and sacrifices are made. However, the beginning...more
Book Whales
Originally posted @ Book Whales

I love this series so much and knowing that this book is the last, make me sad. I adore Courtney Moulton. Her ability to make the readers feel attach to her characters is astonishing. Again, this book surpasses my expectation. -A grand remarkable conclusion indeed.

The story took place where Wings of the Wicked had left. A war has erupted and the legions of hell are there to destroy the world, leaving Ellie a huge responsibility. She must save Will, and that means s...more
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

THIS. BOOK. WILL. KILL. YOU. Fans of the Angelfire series, be warned. This book will rock you to the core, but it is oh so good. I loved every little letter that made up every word in every sentence within the pages of this book. I do not think Courtney Allison Moulton could have wrapped this series up any better. From beginning to end I was hooked. This book turned me into an emotional wreck, but those are the books that always end up being my fav...more
Asch's Anti-Paradigm
Jul 19, 2013 Asch's Anti-Paradigm rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All ye lovers of paranormal romance
Recommended to Asch's Anti-Paradigm by: Got it cheap at a book sale. That's enough of a reccomendation for me.
**** MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SPOILERS. HAHA. I BET YOU'RE CONFUSED NOW... *EVIL FACE****

But seriously, I promise I'll warn you first.

Actual Review:

*** 3.5 stars

*sighs*

You know how a wholes series/trilogy/quartet/whatever gradually builds up over the course of the story into what's supposed to be the Ultimate Climax.

It's what we've all been waiting for.

The sticker at the end of a doctor's appointment.

The presents on Christmas morning.

The emotional boiling point.

The End.

The Finale.

*sigh...more
I thought this book was pretty terrible. For starters, the plot dragged ("and now we are going here...and now we are going here...and now we are going here. The End.")

And I have a huge problem with Ellie. I can't imagine that teenage girls are this shallow and superficial. And if they are, surely they would reconsider if they found out they were an archangel destined to save the world.

One minute, Ellie was fighting monsters and saving mankind. Two seconds later, she was pining over boys and br...more
Andrea
While I enjoyed the first two books in the Angelfire series, this book had a hard time keeping my attention. There was too much religion stuff, names of Angels and Demons and things I couldn't remember or keep straight. And there was lots of action but I couldn't remember why certain things had to happen.

I found a lot of the things Ellie said or thought to be cheesy. And I feel like everything came to Ellie too easy. She needed some hard-to-get item from some scary angel yet the angel gave it up...more
Kira
Aug 31, 2012 Kira marked it as to-read
Uh, YEAH! Man, I'm excited for this book! The second one was so awesome.

Except...

I miss the last title. Hymn to the Fallen was so cool. Shadows in the Silence is alright, but...like...

Ugh. I really wanted Hymn to the Fallen. It's even fun to say.
Mateja
When I first picked up Angelfire, the first book in the series, I had no idea that by the final book I would be so much in love with the story and the characters. This is an example of a series that gets better and better with each installment.

Shadows in the Silence just blew my mind, it was so amazing. By the time I reached the end I was desperate for just a couple more pages so I could spend more time with these wonderful characters I've fallen in love with. While the story itself was amazing...more
Kristina
It is always sad to see a beloved series, and the Angelfire series is no exception. Ever since I opened up the first book, I have been obsessed with Ellie, Will, and the rest of the gang. The last installment was a fast paced, action filled story. There was friendship, romance and mystery.

After the cliffhanger at the end of Wings of the Wicked, I would have given my left arm to get my hands on Shadows in the Silence. I NEEDED to know if Will, one of my favorite YA guys was going to be ok.

Ellie h...more
Kristina
What I Liked
Characters
Ellie: In the first two books I go back and forth between liking Ellie and being annoyed with her, but in this book she finally makes an all around awesome character to love and completely enjoy at every moment. She has finally fully stepped into her roll that she must play and I'm glad she did, she makes for a kickass character in this book.
Will: Still love him.
Cadan: He is a fun character, I enjoyed him in the last book and I really came to enjoy him in this book.
Actio...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Here's the thing I don't like about series, they END! Let me insert *series I love*, because that's be honest, there are some series that just need to end, but this isn't one of those series. I started reading this book before it was out, and I didn't finish it until recently, because in my mind if I didn't finish reading it, then the series wouldn't be over. *sigh* What a fabulous ending it was too. Courtney wrapped this series up perfectly. Sure there's still a few unanswered question...more
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #2)
  • Rise (Nightshade Prequel, #2)
  • Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
3220024
Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel. For more information about Courtney, visit her online at www.courtneyallisonmoulton.com.

ANGELFIRE was published in February 2011 by K...more
More about Courtney Allison Moulton...
Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2) A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5) The End Is Here: Teen Romance Sampler

“You will never see the ends of his armies. They blanket the Earth as a storm blankets the sky, but the sun will never rise again.”
I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, yeah. You demonic all think you’re Shakespeare. Really nice. Good-bye.” Then I took off her head and the rest of her burned up.”
22 likes
“Can I ask you something?”
“Of course.”
“You told me once that you loved me because I was human,” I said, my voice tiny. “Will you still
love me when I’m an angel? Even if I won’t be human anymore?”
“Always,” he said, green eyes bright. “Even if you stop loving me.”
I felt myself begin to crumble and I left the armory and him sitting on the”
19 likes