Start by marking “Savage Son” as Want to Read:
Savage Son

Savage Son

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Horrific Execution. . .It was a night of celebration for the Whitaker family. Their son Bart was graduating from college. But when Bart's brother Kevin opened the door to their house, a masked intruder shot him point blank. His mother took the next bullet, followed by Mr. Whitaker and Bart. Blood was everywhere, but somehow Bart and his father survived. . .

A Sordid Doubl
Published June 1st 2010 by Pinnacle Books (first published May 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Son

♥Beleza★✰
Bart Whitaker had a problem, he had lied to his parents. They thought he was graduating from college, his father had bought him a place to live while he went to classes, his mother bought him a Rolex as a graduation gift. They were celebrating with a dinner at a fancy restaurant, so what was the big lie? Bart wasn’t graduating from college, he had spent his days playing playing video games and hanging out with his friends. He decided that instead of owning up to his parents about what he had don ...more
Kathy LeJeune
This is very disturbing... My kind of True Crime!
Lynda Kelly
This is a true crime book all about a spoiled little rich kid called Bart Whitaker who decided to murder his family for the insurance money. WHY he needed it I've no idea as his parents gave him anything he ever wanted all his life and spoilt him rotten. Inadvertently they bred a monster.
The book was very interesting and I really enjoyed it and despised this kid with a passion. He's now on Death Row and good riddance. Texas usually tend to execute theirs so fingers crossed they don't keep hangin
♥ Marlene♥
Helen
I haven't read much true crime so it is difficult for me to review. I read this book because I met Corey at a writers' conference and he was absolutely delightful. Often, when I read an author's acknowledgement section, I'm sorry that I wasted my time. However, with Savage Son, I wished I had read that section first because it shed light on the presentation of the story. I will definitely read more of Corey Mitchell's books.
Mandy
Very intriguing story. Heart-wrenching to say the least. But, I didn't exactly like the author's style. The book was a bit choppy, as if he wrote an outline or jotted down things to say then pasted it all together without finding good connectors. Anyway, there's not a whole lot you can say otherwise about a true crime novel, as the story is what it is.
Kim
This was a terrible case of family murder, with a son hell-bent on destruction of his entire family. Hard to believe that "no one had any idea", since he really wasnt very discreet about his pans. Not to blame the victims, but I think there was a lot of clues in preceding years that were missed. Writing was ok.
Sheryl Slot
The only reason I read this book is because my husband was the lead investigator. It was full of misinformation and inaccuracies. It seems the author used only court documents and didn't check basic facts or interview anyone involved. Very poorly done.
SenoraG
Another great true crime. Full Review
Paula Humphrey
I love true crime books and this one is no different. It is a very well written book.
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Sherry Thornton miles
Sherry Thornton miles marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Ollie Brumley
Ollie Brumley marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Neil Lovinger
Neil Lovinger marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Carolyn Ellstra
Carolyn Ellstra marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Dakota
Dakota added it
Aug 13, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Pure Murder Dead And Buried: A Shocking Account of Rape, Torture, and Murder on the California Coast Murdered Innocents Evil Eyes Strangler