Start by marking “Emmy Budd and the Hijacked Train” as Want to Read:
Emmy Budd and the Hijacked Train

Emmy Budd and the Hijacked Train

4.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  5 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Emmy Budd is a twelve-year-old tomboy who finds her adventurer's match in the new boy in town, T.J. Blake. It is a hot summer day in the small Mid-Western hamlet of Jerseyville, Ohio. With no money and lots of time on their hands, Emmy and T.J. ferret out every freebie in town, from sailing kites off the tower in the local stadium to building a raft out of discarded lumber ...more
Published April 21st 2008 by Charles River Press

To ask other readers questions about Emmy Budd and the Hijacked Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emmy Budd and the Hijacked Train

Sandra Stiles
Oct 31, 2010 Sandra Stiles rated it really liked it
This is actually the first book in the series. I read an reviewed the second book in August. This series will be a welcomed addition to my classroom library.
Emmy Budd is typical of most twelve year olds. She gets easily bored and creates something to do. I think the reasons I love these books are because the little town I grew up near is still a lot like Jerseyville where Emmy Budd lives. I grew up in the country and had to create a lot of my own fun. Emmy Budd has made friends with the new kid
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 Reading Vacation rated it it was amazing
REVIEW
Emmy Budd is the tomboy version of Nancy Drew. She is a young girl who unwittingly comes upon mysteries that need solving. The unusual ways that Emmy finds herself in these situations adds charm to the stories.
Even though I am a girlie-girl myself, I sympathized with tomboy Emmy. I felt bad for her when she was forced to wear skirts, dresses, and Oxfords to school. It’s tough being a tween when it feels like everyone is telling you what to do.
The mysteries themselves were tricky to figure
Ami Blackwelder
Dec 15, 2010 Ami Blackwelder rated it it was amazing
As a winner of the 2010 Hollywood Book Festival, I knew i would be reading something of taste, interest, and literary quality. But what I didn't know is I would find a gem of an adventure, filled with genuine characters, humorous dialogue and antics, and a page turning story that even at thirty five I would enjoy reading. As a teacher I know this story would be excellent for my classroom. Middle school kids would enjoy the story as well.

I hope others find this book and tell others about it. One
Babs
Aug 24, 2010 Babs rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes YA thrillers/mystery
Emily who is 12 meets TJ who is 13 he thinks she is ok for a girl. The two get on a train and have an adventure and solve the crime of the day. My two boys loved me reading this book to them and I found myself caught up in what was going to happen next. Reminds me of a good friend I had in school and the nice summer months to get in to trouble.
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2011