Start by marking “The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion” as Want to Read:
The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion

The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  193 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
This book provides groups with 1,001 engaging and thought-provoking icebreaker questions to start and sustain meaningful conversations.
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Questions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Questions

Jessica
Oct 21, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: Lee
This was a gift to me from one of the pastors of my church to use as a conversation starter in group meetings. I skimmed it and highlighted questions I liked so I can use them in the future. I have yet to ask any of the questions to anyone but myself so I will try and update this review once I have used it in a group setting.

I like the way the questions are divided and ordered. They are broken up into sections by topic such as your personal history or your religious beliefs. And each section st
Mai
Nov 27, 2015 Mai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book,tons of interesting and fun questions that you can use as a conversation starter to break the ice or to get to know someone on deeper level
I had fun answering some of the questions myself ,it's good to know your own perspective on some issues :)

Dailycheapreads
Aug 24, 2011 Dailycheapreads rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever find yourself unable to think of anything to say? Need an ace-in-the-hole to start the conversation when you are at a mix-and-mingle? Do you lead a small group of some kind – a book club, a work group, a Bible study? Are you the one always trying to find an ice breaker activity? Have a difficult time finding a subject to discuss with your grandchildren? This book of 1001 conversation starters was included in the Big Deal Sale and is still selling for $2.99 today. After asking myself what wa ...more
Michael Mack
I own a handful of small group icebreaker/discussion-starter books. I use this one more than any of them. I love the fact that the questions are categorized by the type of question. That's very useful. I recommend it for anyone who leads a group or class as a ready reference tool.
Tamara
This is a book I would definitely buy for a long road trip or camping trip, an ESL conversation group, or if I were organizing a mixer event. May even be good for first date ideas.

But, since I won't be in any of these situations in the near future, for now it will be returned to the library.

(Questions are organized into different categories, including light & easy, likes & dislikes, opinions & perspectives, etc.)

Favorite Questions:

What's something you intended to do today, but did
Lastoadri
May 31, 2014 Lastoadri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Finished it while waiting the turn in the hospital.. clearly it has so many questions, but not the deep intellectual, stirring thoughts kind I am looking for..
Sandy
Aug 27, 2008 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Quite a number of these questions are not suited to be asked to another person, but if you are reading the book by yourself and contemplate how YOU would answer, the book can be quite entertaining.

I skipped the last chapter on "hardcore religion" questions entirely, the "religion light" questions were totally sufficient for my interests. But hey, that's probably why the book has 1001 questions for you.
Oct 26, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently found a site called meetme.com who has a section to ask people questions as yourself or masked.
I like asking stranger's question from this book on there.
I also enjoy being asked questions back.
I feel this question would make great daily question for journal writing in an English class if I was a teacher.
 Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ
benar2 buku yang isinya "berbagai pertanyaan tentang apa saja". sempat mencelos liat judul tapi isinya di luar dugaan :P

sangat kreatif!

begitu banyak pertanyaan, tapi tak ada satupun yang memiliki jawaban. seperti kata Bob Dylan, "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
Philipp
Due to the fact of that I stumbled over many political and religious questions, I don't think this is for ANY occasion.

Anyways, it's good that i can be faced with those questions so i am prepared to deflect them with wit.
Eric
Apr 14, 2013 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little book of often overly simplified questions. Great for seeding a discussion with youth or as an icebreaker. Needs some polish and thought to be used, but a great, quick resource.
Krysti
I love taking this book when my husband and I go out to eat. If there's not much to talk about that day we can discuss one of these questions :)
Vaughn
Jul 28, 2010 Vaughn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book of ice-breakers and conversation starters. Great in small groups and or even in one-on-one conversation.
Rhonda
Aug 15, 2008 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a ggod book for ice breakers or conversation starters.
Sam
Sep 11, 2009 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks, nonfiction
Good book for small groups and youth activities
Rebecca A. Wallace
Rebecca A. Wallace rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Malakia
Malakia rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Ashley marked it as to-read
LeAnn McCormick
LeAnn McCormick rated it it was amazing
Nancy Peterson
Nancy Peterson rated it really liked it
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
David
Marta L Johnson
Marta L Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2016
  • If... (Questions For The Game of Life)
  • Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles
  • If Only He Knew: What No Woman Can Resist
  • Don't Kiss Him Good Bye (London Confidential, #3)
  • 4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone
  • The Book of Questions
  • Preparing for Marriage
  • Why Can't You Read My Mind?: Overcoming the 9 Toxic Thought Patterns that Get in the Way of a Loving Relationship
  • Now You're Speaking My Language: Honest Communication and Deeper Intimacy for a Stronger Marriage
  • Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
  • Sounding Forth the Trumpet: God's Plan for America in Peril--1837-1860
  • Journal Fodder 365: Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict
  • Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Book Of Acts
  • Negotiating For Dummies
  • The Kweeks of Kookatumdee
  • Affirming the Apostles’ Creed
  • The Mind Gym: Relationships (The Mind Gym)
  • The McKinsey Engagement: Insider Secrets to the Tools and Techniques Used by the World's Top Consulting Firm