Start by marking “Winter Rose (Once Upon, #4)” as Want to Read:
Winter Rose (Once Upon, #4)

Winter Rose (Once Upon #4)

On a remote island cursed with eternal winter, a young queen heals a wounded soldier—and warms her heart with the joys of true love.…
Audio CD
Published April 15th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published April 15th 2001)

Ieva
Aug 12, 2016 Ieva rated it it was ok
This book would definitely win the prize for the lamest conversations (especially in the end - almost wanted to give up on reading), but I give extra credits for a self-sufficient main female character.
Lisa
May 02, 2011 Lisa rated it it was ok
This book was interesting but not up to what I've come to expect from a Nora Roberts' story. To me, the story needed a bit more "fleshing out". Deirdre had a story but not much was shared of it; the same with her love interest, Kyle. I enjoyed it but lacked the polish I've come to enjoy.
Sandra Ponte
Aug 26, 2014 Sandra Ponte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gostei bastante. Livro pequeno, de fácil leitura, mas com uma história muito bonita, cheia de imagens emocionantes e bem construídas.
Beth
Dec 23, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
An enjoyable novelization of a fairytale. I think this is one novel that is better heard than read.
Vanessa
Nov 06, 2016 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Assim que acabei de ler o quarto conto da colecção da revista FLASH! decidi pegar no quinto logo a seguir pois estava muito curiosa em relação ao mesmo - e ainda bem que o fiz, pois dei de caras com mais um maravilhoso conto!

Como não poderia deixar de ser, esta foi mais uma história muito doce, recheada de magia, paixão e perseverança que, apesar de curta, consegue transmitir muita emoção e mostrar-se muito cativante para o leitor - resumindo, gostei muito da trama, das personagens e dos ambient
Maura
Kari
Apr 03, 2012 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
Winter Rose is a slight take on the Beauty and the Beast theme, except the princess is not a beast, she just does not have the capacity to love after being cursed by an evil aunt. Prince Kyle stumbles into her kingdom which is forever encased in snow. I think I liked this one better than Ever After. I bought into the fairy tale and I do love a good fairy tale. I think that this one could have made a good longer book had there been more background about Kyle. I always want more with novellas. ...more
Riona
This is a short story by Nora Roberts.

It is about a queen of a land that was cursed by a jealous aunt. Because of her aunt's jealousy she is stuck to forever live in a world of ice and snow, unless the curse is broken.

After a fierce battle a soldier is left fatally wounded and was healed by the queen.

It is the magic of the heart that ends up making this story have a happy ever after ending.
Urszula
Jan 24, 2015 Urszula rated it liked it
This was a very quick read. The story line was very simple, but likable.

The idea of a castle stuck in never-ending winter was very depressing, making the atmosphere very cold and uninviting.

Yet at the end true love won the battle, and spring came.

The characters are not very complex, but are nice and realistic. The touch of magic was good and not overpowering.

Overall a nice, quick read.
Carla Simoes
a história gira em volta de uma terra que foi amaldicoada e portanto e sempre inverno, um dia um soldado ferido aparece nessa terra e dreide a rainha cura o.
para quebrar a maldição eles teram de se apaixonar e quebrar o inverno.

gostei do livro a história era bem gira e tive pena da dreide do povo dela foi tão giro quando um deles acompanhou o kylar e viu pela primeira vez um rio :-)
Bioquímica da Leitura
Sep 08, 2015 Bioquímica da Leitura rated it really liked it
First there was love in the realm, then there was heartbreak and a lot of pain, and it led to a huge curse and for a long time all they know was a never ending Winter.
A short story that resembles a fairytale, which follows the believe that true love can heal everything when people take a chance. I loved the main characters and the touch of magic. It's a lovely story, I recommend :)
Sara Gonçalves
Nov 26, 2015 Sara Gonçalves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine, 2015, short-stories
Esta é uma pequena história, um pequeno romance fácil de ler. Com alguma magia, muito frio e pequenas dádivas pelo meio, esta é uma história bonita que se lê sem parar. O tamanho do conto adequa-se à sua simplicidade, não deixando contudo, de nos transmitir tudo o que tem para transmitir. Foi um conto que me saciou e que me proporcionou uns bons momentos de leitura. Muito bem feito, Nora Roberts.
Dawn
Aug 19, 2015 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kylar has been wounded in battle and stumbles across a frozen kingdom. Deirdre is queen and is trapped in a cursed land. Love blooms, but now he must go home. The kingdom is saved by true love. Sweet short story...
Jan
May 05, 2012 Jan rated it liked it
This is the first book I read on my new ipad! I am a big Nora fan. This one is a sweet fairytale ,easy to read and satisfyingly romantic.
Aruna Nandigama
Feb 20, 2014 Aruna Nandigama rated it liked it
A tale about love and hope. A fairy tale about a healer in a cursed land, who had to let go of her true love, only then the curse breaks
Young Empress
Jan 05, 2014 Young Empress rated it really liked it
This is AWESOME!!! I love this book, I even got a teary eyes and soreness of throat because i try not to cry in front of my family while reading this book.
Beth
Sep 18, 2015 Beth rated it liked it
Like others have said, needed more fleshing out. It was an interesting read, but definitely felt like an abridged version. I listened to it on audio.
Sue
Aug 18, 2011 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reading of this book was very good. It's a typical Nora Roberts story in that the majority of the story is the build-up and then the ending comes rather quickly.
Kathleen
Jan 20, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was ok
I realized I had read this title a long time ago, a bit let down, it was released under a different title.
Petra
Dec 21, 2013 Petra rated it liked it
Shelves: fairy-tales
Wow, I didn't feel like I read Nora Roberts this time. It was a little to sweet and insta-love for me. But Nora is still queen
Lisa
Aug 22, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
A wonderful short story, a kingdom cursed with eternal winter, only true love can break said curse, really enjoyed this short read, nicely written
Donna
Dec 06, 2014 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This reminds me of stories like Snow Queen and such. It is short, entertaining and predicable. If you are a Nora fan, you will like. If not, pass on it unless you like the fairytale type stories.
Julie C-f
Dec 15, 2013 Julie C-f rated it really liked it
I like this short and light read.

It would have been more interesting to read how Kylar figured out the truth and how the world around him changed as he realized that they were meant to be.
siobhan farrell
siobhan farrell rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Vickie
Vickie rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Fátima
Fátima rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Diane Gahagan
Diane Gahagan rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Lizabeth Tucker
Lizabeth Tucker rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Priya Yallapantula
Priya Yallapantula rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
  • O Filho do Dragão (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #7)
  • Sheer Mischief
  • The Journal of Callie Wade
  • A Rainha das Terras da Luz (O Ceptro de Aerzis, #3)
  • Presságios de Inverno (Acácia, #2)
  • O Mandarim
  • O Funeral da Nossa Mãe
  • Colby's Child
  • Polikuchka
  • A Sombra do Templário
  • A Filha de Ísis (As Memórias de Cleópatra, Parte 1/3)
  • Seeing is Believing
  • Qumran
  • El Pintor De Sombras
  • Los conjurados
  • Hunter (The Caine Brothers #1)
  • A Past Revenge
  • Valentina (Valentina, #1)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Once Upon (6 books)
  • Once Upon a Castle (Once Upon, #1)
  • Once Upon A Star (Once Upon, #2)
  • Once Upon a Dream (Once Upon, #3)
  • Once Upon a Rose (Once Upon, #4)
  • Once Upon a Kiss (Once Upon, #5)
  • Once Upon a Midnight (Once Upon, #6)