Start by marking “Sharp Shot” as Want to Read:
Sharp Shot

Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Rich and Jade Chance are once again on the runÑ this time while their father is away. After a breathless chase through an amusement park, Jade is taken hostage by a man from ChanceÕs past who is plotting a political coup in the Middle East with nuclear weapons. Worse still, the president of the United States is on his way to the region for a summit meeting. It will take al ...more
Published October 14th 2010 by Speak (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sharp Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sharp Shot

Patrick N
I thought the book Sharp Shot was an action packed thriller that was sort of hard to put down. I could relate to the main characters Jade and Rich really well because they were kids in the story just like me. Jade and Rich are twins and they sort of get tricked into helping out a person their dad used to work with. However, that person turns out to be a phony. McCain who they think is their dad's friend is being followed, chased, shot at for some unknown reason to Jade and Rich and the twins are ...more
18chan_colby
I read the book Sharp Shot and it was by Jack Higgins. It was about Jade, Rich, and their father. Their dad is a military operative and a national criminal poses to be a old partner of their dad looking for help. The criminal kidnaps Jade, and Jade's father makes a trade with an old statue. The Father doesn't know that inside the statue is a very critical element that is needed to build a nuclear bomb. Now not only are they in danger but the fate of humanity as well.I thought this book was very ...more
Rich
The books Jack HIggins has co-authored with Justin Richards for the Young Adult market have, in many respects, been some of the best work he's done in years. Mainly because he's doing the outlines and leaving the writing to Richards, who brings excitement and freshness.

In this one, the twins--Jade and Rich--find themselves chased through an amusement park, with Rich getting away and Jade being kidnapped. A switch from the previous book--Death Run.

Higgins and Richards are using solid current ev
Terrie
Looking for an adventure novel with action, suspense, criminals, and heroes? Then Sharp Shot, the third book about the Chance twins, by Jack Higgins with Justin Richards is the book for you. The year is 1990; John Chance is on a mission with fellow British Special Forces to take out a nuclear site in Iraq. When one of his peers is seriously injured they must make a decision to leave things behind in order to save his life. Flash forward to present day…the Chance twins (Jade and Rich) are at home ...more
Saleena Davidson
Sharp Shot is 2nd in this series, which, when I've missed the first, is frustrating....however, it was a fun adventurous ride nonetheless......I think I will give this to all the kids who want shoot'em up thrill rides.......it's perfect for that reader (especially ones who aren't too critical of thin plot lines) =)
Jeremiah
7trent
This book is action packed with lots of cool things in it. It is about two twins named Jade and Rich. A guy named McCain comes to them for help because guys are chasing him. He wants help from his friend who was their dad. But there dad was on a business trip. So the twins help him but what they don't know is he is a bad guy. So McCain takes them to Iraq and kidnaps them. Their dad comes and saves them but McCain takes his daughter and drugs her up. But McCain forgot he needed a statue back at I ...more
Seth Hoover
i sort of liked it in parts it just got so boring that i just felt like just closing the book and throwing it out of the window
Lauren Hutkin
This is a great book. When I was reading this book I couldn't take my eyes off the page and when I was forced away from it I couldn't wait to get home so I could read more. Once I finished the book I was actually sad that there wasn't more of the book to read. I'm usually not desperate to read a book, but this book made me crave reading. I would recommend this book to someone who likes action/comedy books.
Josh Q
I thought it was and awesome book. It takes a REALLY good book to get me to read it in under a year! There where some confusing parts like near the beginning where the book kept switching from Rich to Jade and "Ferdy McCain" in the Theme Park chase. Other wise, it was an easy read.
Zoe
Two teenage twins escaping from the impossible, fighting bad guys and nearly getting killed by a atomic bomb, who would want more? It's a very action filled and enjoyable book but not to be read before the others in the series.
Penny
A good book. I think co-author Justin Richards probably did most of the writing but the story line is very much Higgins.
Floyd
i think the book gets more interesting as i read it. It also explains the the specific details in order.
Calvin
Its a pretty good light read. Nothing to serious but still entertaining.
Cdouceochoj
very good back and should be read for action and adventure
Hannah
Action packed and an awesome adventure.
L. C.
L. C. marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Denise Iacobell
Denise Iacobell marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Darin
Darin marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Dajaun Green
Dajaun Green is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
  • Twister (Code Red, #5)
  • Special Operations: Dogfight
  • Meltdown (Boy Soldier, #4)
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • Ice Claw (Danger Zone, #2)
  • Origins (Truancy, #0)
  • In Search of the Time and Space Machine (Spy Force, #1)
  • Hurricane Gold (Young Bond, #4)
  • The Black Shrike
  • The Cheerleaders of Doom (NERDS, #3)
  • The Case of the Toxic Mutants (Dragonbreath, #9)
  • The Doomsday Box (Shadow Project, #2)
  • Witch Fire (Burn Mark, #2)
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Rich and Jade (4 books)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)
  • First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)
The Eagle Has Landed (Liam Devlin, #1) Eye of the Storm (Sean Dillon, #1) Night of the Fox Thunder Point (Sean Dillon #2) On Dangerous Ground  (Sean Dillon #3)